PDA

View Full Version : Sort it out NTL!!!

BubbleGum
12-07-2003, 17:55
Ever since ntl gave us digital tv its been full of problems - the interactive service is s**t if you've got the patience to try and get in it. The electronic programme guide rarely works so thats s**t too. The picture and sound is s**t and the channels need arranging properly. For days my picture has been going black every minute for a second - more s**t from ntl. We can't have true enhanced tv with lots of screens like Sky Digital have for Sky News and other channels - when will ntl sort out their s**t digital tv service.

NTL :upyours:

imback
12-07-2003, 18:09
Don't mean to sound stupid here but have you phoned NTL and reported it as a fault? If it's only a fault effecting you then they aint going to know about without you telling them.

BubbleGum
12-07-2003, 18:14
Originally posted by imback
Don't mean to sound stupid here but have you phoned NTL and reported it as a fault? If it's only a fault effecting you then they aint going to know about without you telling them.
I phone them and they tell me they're know of a problem and their engineers are working on it - when I phone them back they tell me there are no problems. They tell me to pull the plug out of my box for a few minutes to fix the interactive service and ther electronic programme guide but this doesn't fix anything.

NTL :upyours:

Chris
12-07-2003, 18:17
Originally posted by imback

The regular screen blackouts are for sure a fault of some kind - definitely worth a call to customer services.

As for the rest of it ... no 'fault' there; just ntl up to its usual standards. My EPG has been misbehaving for a week but by the time I'm settld in the sofa of an evening I can't be bothered to get up and switch the blasted STB off at the wall to reboot it.

imback
12-07-2003, 20:57
Interactive and EPG all fine with me, but do get occasional blackouts for few secs :shrug: