PDA

View Full Version : Sony Clie

idi banashapan
12-07-2003, 12:02
Hello all!!!

I just got me a sony clie NX70V. An excellent toy, I'm sure you would agree, however, I was hoping someone could help me out with a couple of questions...

1) - that 'sonic stage' is CR*P!!!!!!!! Is there anything out there that does the same job, but is better. I need to create playlists for my mp3 files on the clie!!!

2) - the NX70V uses palmOS5. In previous clie versions, the audio playes has a spectrum analyser when playing music, but my one apparently doesn't (at least - i can't find it). anyone know where I can get it from (or a good audio player for the clie)

3) - does anyone know of a divx player for the clie? I found one called MMplayer which is for palmOS, but the clie doesn't fully support it, and although I can see the video, there is no sound!!! :(

I would really appreciate any help from anyone!

Cheers

idi banashapan
12-07-2003, 15:02
anyone?????.... Please........

Bifta
12-07-2003, 15:57
I don't think you're going to get divx movies with sound to play on a 200mhz processor. Afaik, the Clie has it's own seperate DSP chip for sound, perhaps divx can't take advantage of this. I know you can watch mpegs, but then they use less processing power to play.

idi banashapan
12-07-2003, 16:00
the other palm systems can play divx fine, just the clie that has an issue for some reason. the mpegs work fine. ok then, well, how about a real media player for the clie???? anyone know where one of those can be found???

Bifta
12-07-2003, 16:42
Real One player doesn't run on the Clie yet.

http://www.expressresponse.com/cgi-bin/progsnp/real_rec/srchjnnp?search_type=vdocument&search_input=Palm_JSS_0098.html&session_id=1058024463.543.7&producttype=realone&product=all&search_erproduct=RealOnePlayer2%5f0Buy+OR+RealOneP layer1%5f0Buy+OR+RealOnePlayer1%5f0Try+OR+RealOneS ervices+OR+RealOnePlayerOSX+OR+RealOneMobile+OR+Bi llShipReturn+OR+Downloading+OR+Ordering+OR+Privacy +OR+SerialUpgradeSubscription+OR+RealNetworksCompa ny+OR+RealNetworksWebsite&headerimg=head%5frealone%2egif&ems_product=1125&ems_product_category=6666&query=clie&submit.x=228&submit.y=14&template=sos.html

idi banashapan
12-07-2003, 17:14
pants