PDA

View Full Version : Knights Of The Old Republic To Support Xbox Live

Jarandco
11-07-2003, 19:37
The Xbox version of the Star Wars RPG has gone gold, the announcement accompanied by news of planned downloadable content

17:21 After a few annoying delays, BioWare's anticipated RPG Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic has finally gone gold - on Xbox. Expected on shelves next week, at least in the US, the console version of the game will also be Xbox Live enabled.
Speaking previously, BioWare commented that, "Nothing's definite until the game ships, but I think that we're very interested in it", when we questioned the developer about Xbox Live support in KOTOR toward the end of last year.

Thankfully, LucasArts has now confirmed Xbox Live support for the title, stating that Xbox Live subscribers will be able to download content in the Winter.

Downloadable content details are a little vague at present, but we can expect "a variety of new weapons and other items to assist players on in-game quests."

In Knights of the Old Republic, which is set some 4,000 years prior to events depicted in the Star Wars movies, players find themselves caught up in a galactic struggle between the Jedi and the Sith, wrestling with the fate of the galaxy.

this should be good the game looked good before but with live should be even better!

NEONKNIGHT
11-07-2003, 20:07
Excellent news!:)

May The Force Be With You!

:cool:

Ramrod
11-07-2003, 22:13
Jarandco, did it say when the pc version will be out?

Jarandco
12-07-2003, 09:21
No i dont think it did i think its out about the same time, but ill just have a look on gameplay to see!

Jarandco
12-07-2003, 09:27
The release date for PC acording to gameplay is 31 October 2003

FelonX
12-07-2003, 14:02
oh gawd more star wars game :rolleyes:

hawkmoon
12-07-2003, 15:40
Originally posted by FelonX

Yes, but this one is slightly different.

It is set around 2,000 years before the films IIRC.

Caspar
12-07-2003, 15:49
Originally posted by hawkmoon
Yes, but this one is slightly different.

It is set around 2,000 years before the films IIRC.

4,000 years ;) ... a lot can happen in that extra 2,000 years :spin:

Ramrod
12-07-2003, 21:49
Originally posted by Jarandco
The release date for PC acording to gameplay is 31 October 2003 Ta m8:cry: (too long to wait)
oh gawd more star wars game Behave!:nono: :D

kronas
12-07-2003, 21:54
Originally posted by FelonX

ditto when will it end !!!!!!!! :eek: :sick: :cry: :cry:

Ramrod
12-07-2003, 21:59
Originally posted by kronas
ditto when will it end !!!!!!!! :eek: :sick: :cry: :cry:
Philistines! I might just take my lightsaber and shove it .......:D

Jarandco
12-07-2003, 22:17
Not all star wars games are good but this one looks great the graphics alos look very nice!!

Cant wait to get the lightsaber out on live!

Boom
15-07-2003, 09:22
Mega-review from IGN

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/428/428645p1.html

and a big score!

Jarandco
15-07-2003, 09:24
Ha Boom ive just posted a new topic on that!

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1072

Must be on the same wavelength!

(Maybe Caspar can merge the two!) but keep the review score the first post!)

Boom
15-07-2003, 09:26
Check the times m8. I beat you by a minute! :D

Ha Boom ive just posted a new topic on that!

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1072

Must be on the same wavelength!

(Maybe Caspar can merge the two!) but keep the review score the first post!)

Jarandco
15-07-2003, 09:28
Originally posted by Boom
Check the times m8. I beat you by a minute! :D
oh ok - well i was typing mine up nad making a nice URL link! ;)

Boom
15-07-2003, 09:31
I'm a lazy b@stard these days and couldn't be bothered. :D

oh ok - well i was typing mine up nad making a nice URL link! ;)

NEONKNIGHT
16-07-2003, 00:24
I want this game! NOW!:D

Boom
16-07-2003, 07:43
OMFG. Even Gamespot has pulled a 9.1 out of their Xbox-hating @sses!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/starwarsknightsoftor/index.html

Boom
16-07-2003, 14:14
After reading through Gamespot's review, they say no limb chopping with the light-sabre. Please let there be a code to make it happen. One of the best things about Jedi Outcast was limb removal.

Ramrod
16-07-2003, 14:25
After reading through Gamespot's review, they say no limb chopping with the light-sabre. Please let there be a code to make it happen. One of the best things about Jedi Outcast was limb removal. JK2 on pc didn't allow limb removal without a cheat code.

Boom
16-07-2003, 14:27
Exactly my point. To quote:

Please let there be a code to make it happen.

Originally posted by Ramrod
JK2 on pc didn't allow limb removal without a cheat code.

Boom
21-07-2003, 08:03
Spoke to my brother yesterday and he says KOTOR is absolutely fantastic. This comes from a person who doesn't like RPGs and isn't a huge StarWars fanboy.

When I told him we won't see it over here till September, all I heard was huge laugh followed by him saying "That sucks!".

Oh well, gives me time to get to grips with PSO.

NEONKNIGHT
21-07-2003, 12:42
I've pre-ordered a copy from GAME (http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10137&mid=270360) Roll on September!!:)

Caspar
21-07-2003, 13:09
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
I've pre-ordered a copy from GAME (http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10137&mid=270360) Roll on September!!:)

But it's only got DContent, via XBL... :(

I'm still in two minds :shrug:

...I do fancy that box tin though, that'll come in handy :p

NEONKNIGHT
21-07-2003, 16:20
Originally posted by Caspar:-
I'm still in two minds

You could always 'lend' it for 10 day's from GAME;)

...I do fancy that box tin though, that'll come in handy

Yeah, people are always saying that "I've lost my marbles", now I'll have something to keep them in!:rofl:

:D

Jarandco
21-07-2003, 16:40
well i think i will defiently be getting it sounds good from what boom has said!

I just cant wait this long for all these good games but the end of this year will be expensive!

Boom
21-07-2003, 16:43
I was surpised my brother likes it. He didn't like Neverwinter Nights (which I liked) and a lot of people are comparing it to (same developer and near enough same rule base). Anyway, I'm an SW junkie and Lucas is my pusher.

Don't want to think how much money the flanneled-one has pulled out of my pocket over the years (but then I think about all these SW collectors who must spend fortunes on it).

well i think i will defiently be getting it sounds good from what boom has said!

I just cant wait this long for all these good games but the end of this year will be expensive!

Jarandco
21-07-2003, 16:46
I dont mind star wars but i dont actuyally have any of the games!

But i have been following this one a bit looks good from what i have seen!

But i still think lucasarts are best at adventure games!

Boom
21-07-2003, 16:47
Completely agree. Some of the funniest games I've ever played.

I dont mind star wars but i dont actuyally have any of the games!

But i have been following this one a bit looks good from what i have seen!

But i still think lucasarts are best at adventure games!

NEONKNIGHT
21-07-2003, 18:25
Completely agree. Some of the funniest games I've ever played.

:notopic: The Secret Of Monkey Island, classic PC game.

Jarandco
21-07-2003, 18:29
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
:notopic: The Secret Of Monkey Island, classic PC game.

Along with the rest of the monkey island games1,2 and 4!, day of the tenticle, sam and max (Number 2 out soon!), full throttle (number 2 out soon!)and the dig!

sorry completly off topic!!

Anyway back to star wars.... i will proabbly pre-order oit if i have any money at that point in the year, they really should spread game releases out too many good ones come out at the same time!

Caspar
21-07-2003, 18:33
Along with the rest of the monkey island games1,2 and 4!, day of the tenticle, sam and max (Number 2 out soon!), full throttle (number 2 out soon!)and the dig!

sorry completly off topic!!

Anyway back to star wars.... i will proabbly pre-order oit if i have any money at that point in the year, they really should spread game releases out too many good ones come out at the same time!

I'm way up for this game after watching SW:AotC ;)

Boom
28-07-2003, 10:23
Back on topic.

The DLC for KOTOR will be limited to weapons, armor and items. No maps! WTF, I want new worlds and a new story to follow damn it!

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/430/430567p1.html?fromint=1

Got a feeling the DLC for this game is more of a fad. Just like the DLC for Activision games being included directly on the disk already. So far only UC/MA/SC/GR have actually provided real additions to the original game.

Boom
28-07-2003, 11:58
One other thing. My brother in Canada (who isn't normally an RPGer or an SW fanatic) played it solid for 36 hours, beat it, and phoned me at like 4 in the morning on Sunday to tell me. Apparently its just like Neverwinter where Level 20 is as far as you can go.

Defiant
28-07-2003, 12:25
My son was on this for about 3hrs yesterday. Didn't like it at first but he's well into it now:)

Boom
28-07-2003, 15:33
Import, hunh? Nice. :D

Oh well, I can wait, because PSO is going to keep me occupied as an RPG until KOTOR is released in late September.

Originally posted by Defiant
My son was on this for about 3hrs yesterday. Didn't like it at first but he's well into it now:)

NEONKNIGHT
28-07-2003, 17:04
Check the following link for the Official site for KOTOR. Not a bad site, plenty of info:-

Star Wars - Knights Of The Old Republic (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/)

;)

Defiant
28-07-2003, 18:25
Import, hunh? Nice. :D

Oh well, I can wait, because PSO is going to keep me occupied as an RPG until KOTOR is released in late September.

late September feck, Its not that good either