PDA

View Full Version : Bandwidth Limit ...

Laws
20-06-2003, 23:40
what exactly is the thing with this?

im pretty sure over the past month my ntl connection has been dropping at various different times of the day - is this ntl cutting me off?

i dont see how people are gonna put up with this, surely they've lost tons of busienss over this, how long do tey expect to keep it up?

Darren Wilson
21-06-2003, 00:44
check your signal power levels using either the modems built-in diagnostics (depending on which modem you have) or by using RHW's utility (found on his site)

alodis
22-06-2003, 20:09
I'm on the 600k service in the watford area, and every weekend around about 6-7pm on sat and sun i get an outage for an hour or so

its really annoying as weekends are obviously when i use the service the most, cant they do maintenance overnights?

bigitup_j
22-06-2003, 20:36
ntl are always upgrading. the problem is they have toooooooooo many customers using the same network at the same time.

BBKing
23-06-2003, 10:58
cant they do maintenance overnights?

They do, maintenance is done Tues/Wed/Thurs am between 2am and 6am, except in emergencies. Weekends are specifically avoided due to the smaller staff available in call centres and operations.

Lord Nikon
23-06-2003, 11:12
Originally posted by BBKing
They do, maintenance is done Tues/Wed/Thurs am between 2am and 6am, except in emergencies. Weekends are specifically avoided due to the smaller staff available in call centres and operations.

Not to mention the fact that a) all the engineers would be hungover from friday night and b ) they would expect extra pay for working weekends.

albone
23-06-2003, 14:18
Try this check the address below. You may or may not find it interesting.:wavey:http://www.toast.net/performance/

alodis
25-06-2003, 00:01
and tonight 8pm on a tuesday they decided to go down for an hour - right as I was aboutto upgrade to xp and the setup prog was contacting microsoft - huh talk about timing, and do we get an email or details on server update page - NO!

this is happening very frequently now 4 times a week at peak times and is annoying!

redmanc
25-06-2003, 13:41
You called customer services ? (doubt they'd be much help though) :/