PDA

View Full Version : Where have my mails gone

sherer
09-03-2004, 15:20
Hi

I've just been on hoiday for a week and when I return to download all my mails I only got the first few days mails before I got the warning about being over my limit. I got a few more mails after this and then they all stopped.

I'm on a few mailing lists and as usual get loads of spam mails as well. When I have been away in the past i've had up to 1000s mail on my return i had higher than that once when I was away for 3 weeks.

This time the mails just stopped after a few days and are now working ok so i know i'm still on my mailing lists fine.

I'm annoyed that because NTL can't get any spam filtering on the server side i got too many mails and now have lost several days of e-mails.

This never happened to me in the past has the NTL policy changed ?

Sherer

br3ach
09-03-2004, 15:31
If you go over your mailbox limit then all mails after that are bounced back to the sender.

HTH

sherer
09-03-2004, 16:33
If you go over your mailbox limit then all mails after that are bounced back to the sender.

HTH

this hasn't happened to me in the past usually you got the mail and then you could still receive them even when I had about 50 MB of mails once. Even over xmas this year i didn't have any problems when I didn't check mails for over a week so the change must have been quite recent.

If NTL are going to stop us receiving mails once we go over the limit shouldn't we be told of this change. Shouldn't they also implement AV and SPAM filtering so that then i'll only get the mails I want and won't have to waste my bandwidth downloading pointless crap.

paulyoung666
09-03-2004, 17:32
maybe a phone call to ntl and ask them the position would help , or how about a change of provider or e-mail addy :)

threadbare
09-03-2004, 17:40
this hasn't happened to me in the past usually you got the mail and then you could still receive them even when I had about 50 MB of mails once. Even over xmas this year i didn't have any problems when I didn't check mails for over a week so the change must have been quite recent.

If NTL are going to stop us receiving mails once we go over the limit shouldn't we be told of this change. Shouldn't they also implement AV and SPAM filtering so that then i'll only get the mails I want and won't have to waste my bandwidth downloading pointless crap.
they do have spam filtering software and sometimes block seriuos email bourne virii.

there has been no change in policy - you were just lucky before

paulyoung666
09-03-2004, 18:03
they do have spam filtering software and sometimes block seriuos email bourne virii.

there has been no change in policy - you were just lucky before

i was wondering about that as i dont seem to be getting anywhere near as much spam these days , still too much though :mad:

threadbare
09-03-2004, 18:10
i was wondering about that as i dont seem to be getting anywhere near as much spam these days , still too much though :mad:
i used to get 20 -30 spam a day now i am unlucky if i receive 3 in as many weeks!

Neil
09-03-2004, 18:14
Dont they now delete emails that are over a certain age??

threadbare
09-03-2004, 18:28
Dont they now delete emails that are over a certain age??after 90 days

swoop101
09-03-2004, 19:43
they do have spam filtering software

Well I wish they would set it up properly, I do NOT need bigger boobs or a bigger - harder willy (2nd thoughts :D ) and if I want drugs that I have never heard of I will ask the chemist.

ntl customer
09-03-2004, 20:44
How big is your mailbox?

I tried sending 2 6Mb attachments to my ntlworld email and the email got bounced back saying the mailbox was full :confused:

swoop101
09-03-2004, 20:50
Last I heard 10 meg

Marge
09-03-2004, 20:58
I checked my emails at work on the ntlworld site and had about 7-8, came home and d/l them via o/e and now I have 2, where have all the rest gone, come on, own up, who's pinched them ??? My shifts for this week aren't that exciting :rolleyes:

threadbare
09-03-2004, 21:35
I checked my emails at work on the ntlworld site and had about 7-8, came home and d/l them via o/e and now I have 2, where have all the rest gone, come on, own up, who's pinched them ??? My shifts for this week aren't that exciting :rolleyes:
one possibilite is that due to the intermittent problem, reported on the server staus page at the moment, one of the servers has been taken offline with others sharing the load. If this is the case then your mails will d/l when they bring the affected server back online.

dtol
09-03-2004, 23:23
I lost all my emails today as well. However NTL kindly re-delivered my mail from the 4th March instead! Magic.

I've also set my NTL mail to be delivered to a hotmail address, so I know there are plenty of mails that have arrived there but not to my NTL pop3 account.

I'm so glad they've spent all this time improving the service.

Marge
09-03-2004, 23:35
I'll have a nosey when I get in work tomm :rolleyes: thanks :tu:

nate
13-03-2004, 13:31
something big is definately on the way for ntl email, read this http://www.openwave.com/us/news_room/press_releases/2004/20040115_opwv_ntl_0115.htm

paulyoung666
13-03-2004, 13:34
something big is definately on the way for ntl email, read this http://www.openwave.com/us/news_room/press_releases/2004/20040115_opwv_ntl_0115.htm

already been (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6417&highlight=openwave) done here , if they dont sort out the hardware then nothing will change :(