PDA

View Full Version : email in triplicate

roddders
07-03-2004, 11:00
hi haveing trouble with my ntl email for the last couple of days but not what you would expect not complaining that i cant get email infact i am getting three of everything that is adressed to my partener and as she does ebay very seriously as you can apprieciate she is getting a hell of a lot of email the other 4 adresses are fine just her one any ideas ?

Stuartbe
07-03-2004, 11:05
Hi roddders and a great big :welcome: to nthellworld.co.uk m8 :)

Do you have outlook set up to leave a copy of the mail on the server or to check multiple accounts. This could be where the duplication comes from.

roddders
07-03-2004, 11:23
it is set to check multiple accounts 5 all ntl my account is the main ntl account but what ever is sent to my parteners account also comes to mine plus she gets a double copy to her own resulting in 3 copies the other 4 accounts are fine all the account settings are the same for all 5 accounts it seems that for some reason the ntl mail servers are triplicating the one account beats not getting your mail LOL

Stuartbe
07-03-2004, 11:25
Is this only happening with Ebay mail or all mail... Send yourself a mail to one of the accounts with a tracking and read reciept !

poolking
07-03-2004, 11:25
it is set to check multiple accounts 5 all ntl my account is the main ntl account but what ever is sent to my parteners account also comes to mine plus she gets a double copy to her own resulting in 3 copies the other 4 accounts are fine all the account settings are the same for all 5 accounts it seems that for some reason the ntl mail servers are triplicating the one account beats not getting your mail LOL
At least this time they are ensuring that you are getting your email. :D

I think pidgeon post would be far more reliable though. :D

roddders
07-03-2004, 14:57
its not just ebay mail its all her mail sent an email from my ntl account to hers and recived 3 back one to my account and 2 to hers then 3 back to me from the read recipts 2 from hers one from my own account must be an ntl problem but as long as we are getting our mail just anoying haveing to delete 2 out of 3 of hers.