PDA

View Full Version : counterstrike error : WARNING: CL_FlushEntityPacket

zovat
01-03-2004, 22:23
Hi all,

Does anyone know what I can do about this message - I cannot play CS at all right now - I get connected - then this pops up and I lose the connection.

If I wait - I then get the CS launcher crashing...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Zovat

Ben
01-03-2004, 22:42
Does this happen on every server you try?

Edit - Just found this - http://www.ninja-association.co.uk/csfaq/sections/errors/errors/flushentity.htm

zovat
02-03-2004, 09:51
Does this happen on every server you try?

Edit - Just found this - http://www.ninja-association.co.uk/csfaq/sections/errors/errors/flushentity.htm
cheers Ben,

Yep, every server - but then most are showing really high latency - even uk servers I normally get <30 on normally :(

Looks like its coz my connection is so slow at the moment...
<from the link you sent me...>

- Slow internet connections
- HL or CS not properly configured (>> Connection Tweak Guide)
- Server problems
- ISP (Internet Service Provider) problems

As I have been playing ok for ages, and this has just started happening I guess I can rule out configuration (unchanged for months...)

Jon M
02-03-2004, 10:08
Just out of morbid curiosity.. have you got some kind of bandwidth monitor.. that can give you an idea of how active your connection is. eg: zonealarm traffic monitor

It's just that the symptoms are sounding more and more like you may have a trojan that is using your connection behind the scenes.

What anti-virus and firewall software are you using?

Jon M
02-03-2004, 10:11
Alternatively, your line may be low on signal strength. It might be worth getting an engineer to test it

zovat
02-03-2004, 10:14
Just out of morbid curiosity.. have you got some kind of bandwidth monitor.. that can give you an idea of how active your connection is. eg: zonealarm traffic monitor

It's just that the symptoms are sounding more and more like you may have a trojan that is using your connection behind the scenes.

What anti-virus and firewall software are you using?

Av is Norton - with autoupdate - did a full scan last night - all clear...

Dont have any bandwidth montioring ATM - maybe I need to put mrtg back on..

Had a look at the process list as well, nothing unusual showing.

I'll try to do some more checks this afternoon/evening (at work ATM)...

Edit: what should the signal stength be - I'll get my other half to check it...

Jon M
02-03-2004, 11:59
what firewall software are you using?

zovat
02-03-2004, 12:52
what firewall software are you using?

I'm not - the connection is through a H/W F/W and router - with only specific ports open..

Jon M
02-03-2004, 13:03
hmm.. so you've no idea therefore what net activity there is unless you have logging enabled on your router.

i would install zonealarm anyway, I run both hardware and software firewalls myself.. doing that will let you see what programs are asking for access because zonealarm prompts you for each one (if you set it to)

zovat
02-03-2004, 13:08
hmm.. so you've no idea therefore what net activity there is unless you have logging enabled on your router.

i would install zonealarm anyway, I run both hardware and software firewalls myself.. doing that will let you see what programs are asking for access because zonealarm prompts you for each one (if you set it to)

I do have logging enabled on the router... And I dont see much by way of traffic (apart from what I expect to see ;) ).

I think I will do another spyware scan when I get home just to make sure though...

The main reason there is no Fw on the PC is that most of the time it is running under Linux - only when playing games/being used by my wife is windows active, and I scan for virus/trojan infections at least once a week (normally every other day)

zovat
03-03-2004, 00:10

looks like it was a dodgy connection mate - work great tonight (well at midnight it would wouldnt it.. ;) ) :smokin:

checked my router logs - nothing unusual at all - quite quiet for me really.... :zzz:

I'll try it at peak tomorrow - if I get the same issue, then its on the phone to NTL time...... :fit: :fit: :fit:

bewareofd
30-11-2007, 12:14
Hi there.
i'm having this problem too i have 3M cable internet with 300Kpbs upload speed and 512 ram memory... my firewall is zonealarm and my antivirus is avast pro... iv'e been having this problem only since iv'e done format to my computer(didn't have it before even though my computer was loaded with crap!)... maybe i need more ram memory i don't know... well i'm desperate for your help please help me!!!! and it gets worse, i bought a server for a month for 17$ and now i can't use it so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hurry up. :shocked:

zekasing
15-11-2009, 17:53
You have a virus, cl_trojan. You can remove it just with AVG full scan! That is the only reason....

iFrankie
15-11-2009, 18:15
I don't mean to be funny but this thread is like 5 years old :D

Graham M
15-11-2009, 19:07
And it's absolute rubbish