PDA

View Full Version : Opaque black rectangle in the upper right corner of my tv screen?

Ramrod
09-07-2003, 18:43
It's been there all day, seems to be on all channels and I can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone else got it/ know how to get rid of it?

Moox
09-07-2003, 18:52
Is it on the analogue/pass through channels or just digital? Picture's fine here.

Ramrod
09-07-2003, 19:11
Originally posted by Goldie
Is it on the analogue/pass through channels or just digital? Picture's fine here.
stb, digital, se london area

Lew
09-07-2003, 19:41
Not meaning to take the **** or anything, but have you checked that it's not your TV? Does it disappear if you switch to your video or DVD player?

BubbleGum
09-07-2003, 20:11
Originally posted by Ramrod
It's been there all day, seems to be on all channels and I can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone else got it/ know how to get rid of it?
What you describe sounds like the thing (don't know the technical term for it) that appears just before ad breaks. It can't be that of course, so maybe I should have kept my mouth shut as I haven't helped you at all (sorry), but I just wanted to tell you what it sounds like to me. I'll get me coat :rolleyes:

Moox
09-07-2003, 20:21
Originally posted by Mimizuku no Lew
Not meaning to take the **** or anything, but have you checked that it's not your TV? Does it disappear if you switch to your video or DVD player? That's what I thought. Hence my pass through channel question, my first thoughts were "it's the TV";)

Roy MM
09-07-2003, 20:28
Reboot the STB see if that cures it.

Ramrod
09-07-2003, 21:06
Originally posted by Roy MM
Reboot the STB see if that cures it.
That did it...doh:rolleyes: tnx for that:)

btw....it was only on digital, terestrial and video were fine and it was a lot bigger than the ad break thingy.
Thanks for all the input people.
*wonders wtf caused it in the first place?*

Moox
09-07-2003, 21:13
Why is it always that simple?

kronas
09-07-2003, 21:14
i was gonna post reboot the STB but i thought roddy would have done that :p :rolleyes:

Ramrod
09-07-2003, 21:26
Originally posted by kronas
i was gonna post reboot the STB but i thought roddy would have done that :p :rolleyes: :blush:...It didn't look like a prob that a reboot would cure.....thats my excuse:pOriginally posted by Goldie
Why is it always that simple?
um....I think you'll find that it nearly always isn't, at least not in my case. I was very surprised when it worked. I thought that I was just going through the motions:)
...live and learn:D

Roy MM
09-07-2003, 22:04
You probably hit the interactive button but it did not load fully. :(

Ramrod
09-07-2003, 23:01
rotflmao......I know better than to do that:D
....it was probably one of the kids:rolleyes: :)

kronas
09-07-2003, 23:02
Originally posted by Ramrod
rotflmao......I know better than to do that:D
....it was probably one of the kids:rolleyes: :)

blame the kids for an adults mistake :p :rolleyes: :D

Martin
09-07-2003, 23:06

The dreaded Interactive element strikes fear into NTL users everywhere.:p Interactive always crashes on me, so never touch it now.;)

Ramrod
09-07-2003, 23:24
Originally posted by kronas
blame the kids for an adults mistake :p :rolleyes: :D OY!:nono: :D
The dreaded Interactive element strikes fear into NTL users everywhere. Interactive always crashes on me, so never touch it now.me neither (the button of doom):D