PDA

View Full Version : M$ hotmail

Buzzby
09-07-2003, 17:17
:confused:

Has anybody tried to access m$ hotmail these last 2 days. I am finding it impossible to v v v slow. loging in does not get you to your folders either.

kronas
09-07-2003, 17:18
hotmail works fine here reliable as ever try using another proxy

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl

gazzae
09-07-2003, 17:18
Works fine for me.

Buzzby
09-07-2003, 17:36
I dont even know what proxy I do use?

This is only occasionally used and not by me. I did set auto detect in lan access. They can get to it fastish here, login ok click a folder etc then all stop. That is it, all stop, wierd or not?

kronas
09-07-2003, 17:44
Originally posted by Buzzby

This is only occasionally used and not by me. I did set auto detect in lan access. They can get to it fastish here, login ok click a folder etc then all stop. That is it, all stop, wierd or not?

untick auto detect and tick specify and just copy the address and paste it in there click ok just pick a proxy closest to where you live

just dont use the one in your area

Ben
09-07-2003, 17:44

You can change and test different proxy's by reading about it here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#iew)

Sociable
09-07-2003, 17:51
:confused:

Has anybody tried to access m$ hotmail these last 2 days. I am finding it impossible to v v v slow. loging in does not get you to your folders either.

There has been a short term problem with some of the hotmail servers which only affected a few users intermittantly over the last couple of days. Odds are this will resolve itself without you needing to take any action.

Hope knowing you are not alone experiencing a problem reassures you it's not your system at fault.

Buzzby
09-07-2003, 21:08
Hmm I didn't think it was my kit at fault, but I tried anothers. Whether I actually get to hotmail or fail, or get there with a fast login ok then select a folder then nothing. At times I can login but still get nowhere.

However select buy more space or whatever, and bingo i'm there in a flash.

Doesn't make you a bit cynical!

:grind:

MikeyB
09-07-2003, 22:54
I've had problems with Hotmail & Yahoo Mail the last few days, changed my proxy to inktomi1-cdf.server.ntl.com and now can get it just fine :)

But now find other sites that I could get into before, I cant now. Remove the proxy settings, and I can get them again, oh its fun!

Buzzby
10-07-2003, 17:44
Today it works OK. Didn't change any proxies because I reckoned I would get the same issues as MikeyB.

:Peace:

mat1t
10-07-2003, 18:46
Originally posted by MikeyB
I've had problems with Hotmail & Yahoo Mail the last few days, changed my proxy to inktomi1-cdf.server.ntl.com and now can get it just fine :)

I know this has been done to death in the other forum, but you shouldn't change people to a proxy not in their area. (I'm aware that it may not have been what you are mentioning, but some people would interpret it that way) as you just generate more traffic through the network, and they end up having the opposite effect.

Apologies if it wasn't what you were intending to say.

M@

Martin
10-07-2003, 19:17
Originally posted by mat1t
I know this has been done to death in the other forum, but you shouldn't change people to a proxy not in their area. (I'm aware that it may not have been what you are mentioning, but some people would interpret it that way) as you just generate more traffic through the network, and they end up having the opposite effect.

Apologies if it wasn't what you were intending to say.

M@

Very true:) As people change to out of area ones it does create more traffic through that server. BUT its the only way to get any sort of browsing, if your stuck in Leeds with a naff connection.:(