PDA

View Full Version : Postcode Checker - Danny?

mmm
27-02-2004, 19:23
Some time ago on nthw Danny(?) fixed the postcode database for me, so it would properly show my available services - but it's now broken again - I'm only offered the off-net freedom dial-up now.

A neighbour is now interested in BB from ntl (I tried to put him off, but BT have been mucking up his dual ISDN? and he wants an alternative). His postcode is same as mine - so he can't order by internet - and already he can't get anytone by phone....

Anyone know who to contact to fix?

ntl South Central according to my 'disputed' bills...

paulyoung666
27-02-2004, 19:34
<snip>

[Edit]Quote fixed-no need to quote the full post when you are the first person replying. ;)

whether it needs fixing or not , get him to ring 0800 183 0123 , that should get him sorted :)

JohnM
29-02-2004, 00:56
Danny was on a short term contract and is no longer with ntl... He used to maintain the ntl:home website, but then the guys that do ntl:world took it all over...

Assuming i'm thinking of the same person...

th'engineer
29-02-2004, 08:14
Danny was on a short term contract and is no longer with ntl... He used to maintain the ntl:home website, but then the guys that do ntl:world took it all over...

Assuming i'm thinking of the same person...So therefore the contact required is probably a Mr Grossman, so would not count on it being updated.:rofl:

Frank
29-02-2004, 16:35
Danny was on a short term contract and is no longer with ntl... He used to maintain the ntl:home website, but then the guys that do ntl:world took it all over...Yes he is. The problem is that the postcode checker isn't his responsibility or department, and he just managed to fix the one problem with the website access side of it. There were two copies of the database, the main one and the one used on the website. The two have now been merged and someone else maintains the DB.