PDA

View Full Version : Password problems

ButttersB
19-02-2004, 16:33
Hi,

I currently use broadband, but the email address i've been using for years is an old dial up one from when i lived somewhere else (still an @ntlworld.com one). I recently reinstalled windows, but have lost the password (which was on one of the old bright pink cardboard cd holders they sent out with the 0800 access, and was an alphanumeric string beginning with something like b027). Is there any way I can get the password sent to me? The only problem I can see is actually being able to prove that it's my email address. I can give out the account details of the broadband i currently use, but thats my dads account, and so provides no proof of the older email which was mine.

Thanks.
James

David25
19-02-2004, 16:48
You can call TS who will tell you over the phone (as long as you can pass the security check required by the data protection act).

Florence
19-02-2004, 16:51
James phone them up and give them and explain whats happened. You might have to give them the old address and some other details but they should be able to give it you.

Don't fill in the lost password form on www.ntlworld.com as this will send the password to the email address you have lost the password to.....

good luck

paulyoung666
19-02-2004, 17:18
You can call TS who will tell you over the phone (as long as you can pass the security check required by the data protection act).

i thought c.s. could do that , cheaper call unless you ring c.s. first and they transfer you , :welcome: to the site ButttersB , hope you enjoy your stay :D :D :D

haha beat you to the welcome for once stu :PP:

br3ach
19-02-2004, 17:23
i thought c.s. could do that , cheaper call unless you ring c.s. first and they transfer you , :welcome: to the site ButttersB , hope you enjoy your stay :D :D :D

haha beat you to the welcome for once stu :PP:
They can

0800 052 2000, but its only open until 8pm

TS is open until 12pm, so it depends when you have time to call :)

paulyoung666
19-02-2004, 17:24
They can

0800 052 2000, but its only open until 8pm

TS is open until 12pm, so it depends when you have time to call :)

thanks for the backup :wavey:

ButttersB
19-02-2004, 18:04
Thanks for all the help everybody, but the pink carboard thing has been located, thanks to the assistance of motherââ€Ã⠀¦Ã‚¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢. Amazing, even after i told her time and time again that i'd looked EVERYWHERE. She finds it in 10 minutes. Why is it that mothers can always do this? Must be genetic.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome as well, i was a member of .com, but without the third t. Which shouldn't even be there. Stupid keyboard.

Thanks,
James

paulyoung666
19-02-2004, 18:07
Thanks for all the help everybody, but the pink carboard thing has been located, thanks to the assistance of motherââ€Ã⠀¦Ã‚¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢. Amazing, even after i told her time and time again that i'd looked EVERYWHERE. She finds it in 10 minutes. Why is it that mothers can always do this? Must be genetic.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome as well, i was a member of .com, but without the third t. Which shouldn't even be there. Stupid keyboard.

Thanks,
James

glad you are sorted my mate , arent mothers wonderful :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: