PDA

View Full Version : Merged:RTCW-New Download Available

robmurphy21
07-07-2003, 16:02
Why can I not download the new SAFE level?
I see that other gamers are playing it!
Is It that the PAL version of the level will be released later?

ic14
07-07-2003, 17:43
Originally posted by robmurphy21
Why can I not download the new SAFE level?
I see that other gamers are playing it!
Is It that the PAL version of the level will be released later?
Yeah this has Peed me off as well, Most of america and other parts of europe have got it but we havent yet. Stupid M$

Tezcatlipoca
07-07-2003, 19:02
Do you know when we get it?

robmurphy21
07-07-2003, 19:06
I have just been playing on-line and speaking to a guy in the states, he has been unable to download the new level as well.
But it is available to other people.
Anybody know why this is? :confused:

Tezcatlipoca
07-07-2003, 19:13
I think something like this happened with the GR "patch" & some of the other updates & DLCs - some people got them straight away, & others couldn't, & it wasn't region specific as to who got it & who didn't. Not sure why. Maybe the servers are busy, or something.

zoombini
07-07-2003, 23:02
well, if you think about it, letting everyone get it t the same time is going to cause one heck of a mess, better to roll it out, letting people download it by region etc.

dinna worry, we'll get it soon.

What is this level anyway?

Tezcatlipoca
08-07-2003, 00:16
Yeah, guess it must be some kind of staggered roll-out.

Safe Level:

from http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/Downloads/ContentDL-CastleWolfenstein.htm

Safe †“ Due out July 7
Axis soldiers are guarding a safe with their livesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â‚¬Âcontained within are secret documents that the Allies are desperate to retrieve. The mission is far from easy; the Allies must destroy the generators that power the tesla grid barrier leading to the document room, retrieve the secret documents by planting explosives around the safe, and plan for a clean getaway. Have an engineer ready on your team to plant the explosives or to disable them. The bombed-out Axis stronghold has multiple levels for you to explore, from ventilation shafts to two-story building interiors and open streets. Supports Objective, Stopwatch, and Elimination modes.

NEONKNIGHT
08-07-2003, 12:55
The download is available - NOW! Just got mine, havn't got the time at the moment to play it though - back to work!!:(

ic14
08-07-2003, 13:04
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
The download is available - NOW! Just got mine, havn't got the time at the moment to play it though - back to work!!:(

WooHoo!!!!!!
See you on there later on?

manowar68
08-07-2003, 14:19
Yeah just downloaded it too.

Jarandco
08-07-2003, 16:17
ill get it later, any reports on if its any good?

Caspar
08-07-2003, 16:20
I've got it..and am hosting a server ;)

....p.s. is it me or the frame rate looks really slow......maybe be hacking my xbox has knackered it somehow :confused:

NEONKNIGHT
08-07-2003, 16:50
Just had a quick go - extreme lag !:( Oh, well try it again later on.

Bulky
08-07-2003, 19:00
just been playing new level for over an hour with no lag :) unlucky neon :), the level is brilliant, i like the way youve got to blow up the reactor before you can blow up the safe, quite a big level too, kept getting lost at first :)

Tezcatlipoca
08-07-2003, 19:42
Gonna download it now. :)

robmurphy21
08-07-2003, 20:38
The next level will be available Aug 6:Chateau Mission

Boom
08-07-2003, 21:25
What's funny is that these new maps aren't downloads at all. It is just a key that unlocks the Wolfie CD to be able to play the maps! That's why it doesn't take an age to download.

zoombini
09-07-2003, 14:38
If only someone could hack the box & provide some save's that unlock everything on the disks..lol

I got home yesterday to find my enjoyment at downloading this curtailed. The daughter had seen everyone playing a level she could not find so went and downloaded it herself!

Damn!

Bulky
09-07-2003, 15:39
Originally posted by Caspar
I've got it..and am hosting a server ;)

....p.s. is it me or the frame rate looks really slow......maybe be hacking my xbox has knackered it somehow :confused:

don't know what's up with your x-box caspar as the framerate is fine (v. good in fact) had an online game with 16 people framerate didn't slow much then, maybe your just not cut out to play rtcw as i've heard you're not very good ;) :)

Doctor E
10-07-2003, 08:34
Picked up RTCW last night and had another go on Live. I thbink one of the things that bugs me about it is that no-one cuts you any slack if you don't know the map. I was playing 'Safe' with two Americans against three others. I was having a load of trouble finding the generator (literally the first spawn ever in the first ever game of 'Safe'). The reaction of the Americans was to call me a 'pussy'. Now, I'm a 32 year-old marketing manager. I thought I'd left that sort of nonsense behind in fourth year of school, but we know that's Xbox Live for you! :shrug:

In GR, you can at least learn the maps without going online,. In RTCW it seems you'd need a system link set up to learn a map. I must say, I don't think I'm ever really going to get into this game. Once GR-IT is out I imagine that will be my hot favourite for a long time.

Nige.

Boom
10-07-2003, 08:40
Just join one of us from NTHW in a game. I'll show you the ropes. Some Yanks just p*ss me off, mind you I'm a Canuck!

Just send me a friend invite and have a look for me online after 7pm.

Trust me its a great game with a lot of teamwork.

Just remember one very important thing, you can lose all voice between rounds. To fix it click 'Start', click on 'Class', and change the Radio from 'Off' to 'General'.

Originally posted by Doctor E
Picked up RTCW last night and had another go on Live. I thbink one of the things that bugs me about it is that no-one cuts you any slack if you don't know the map. I was playing 'Safe' with two Americans against three others. I was having a load of trouble finding the generator (literally the first spawn ever in the first ever game of 'Safe'). The reaction of the Americans was to call me a 'pussy'. Now, I'm a 32 year-old marketing manager. I thought I'd left that sort of nonsense behind in fourth year of school, but we know that's Xbox Live for you! :shrug:

In GR, you can at least learn the maps without going online,. In RTCW it seems you'd need a system link set up to learn a map. I must say, I don't think I'm ever really going to get into this game. Once GR-IT is out I imagine that will be my hot favourite for a long time.

Nige.

Bulky
10-07-2003, 10:05
Originally posted by Doctor E

Nige.

just set up a game with all private slots, then you can run around to your hearts content with no idiots :) :)

goodsey
10-07-2003, 10:14
There are some yanks out there who think we're all p***ies, just ignore them. There are some from the USA who did struggle with
the Safe map and were most appreciative when I showed them the way round. They're not all bad.

See you on line tonight, hopefully.

Gamertag = Axalmead

Don't mind being called Axal, some of the yankee p***ies called me Axalhead, can't read obviously.

If you want to learn a map before you kick some ass, log on as spectator first.

The Safe level is better than the Barn, looking forward to Chateau.

Doctor E
10-07-2003, 11:51
Thanks for the tips and the gamertags. I'll see how I get on!

Nige.

Doctor E
11-07-2003, 09:37
Well, thanks to Zoombini (from the Planet Zoombini) I know the map pretty okay. Still find it hard to get to the truck from the upper floors, but what the hey.

Damn good laugh, Zoom. Hook up again ...?

Nige.

:wavey:

zoombini
11-07-2003, 10:56
Sure thing Doc, was fun... Except for I keep getting lost between the Tesla Genny & the safe.

But it sure is fun running into those Tesla spikes... One sec blue electric spikes, the next blown to smithereens!

Now I'm peed off, I just bought the RTCW guidebook and the downloads are not in it.. shucks!

Methinks some German phrases need to be learnt.... "oh bugger" does not sound too well coming from the axis of evil!

Caspar
11-07-2003, 11:17
Originally posted by Boom

Just remember one very important thing, you can lose all voice between rounds. To fix it click 'Start', click on 'Class', and change the Radio from 'Off' to 'General'.

This can't be stressed enough!

We've played many a game with our Alias as 'turn mic on' and jumping up and down in front of someone like a luni!!!

...it's funny...but can get very frustrating!

zoombini
11-07-2003, 11:31
eee, thats a good idea.

Talking of aliases, how can you delete them?
I have a "phil macrakin" that I would rather the kids did not use!

ic14
11-07-2003, 11:35
Originally posted by zoombini
eee, thats a good idea.

You cant delete them..:(
I have even deleted all my rtcw save games and it still didnt get rid of them. Now my xbox name in halo is "Faded mic on" LOL

Caspar
11-07-2003, 11:39
eee, thats a good idea.

If you can't delete then you just change each one into something else ;)

zoombini
11-07-2003, 13:02
You can edit them? oooh, me gonna look at that.

Anyone got the URL or email of the makers handy? Methinks I'll go ask them.

dodgyboy
11-07-2003, 15:02
Originally posted by goodsey
Don't mind being called Axal, some of the yankee p***ies called me Axalhead, can't read obviously.

Tell me about it. The amount of times americans call me Doggyboy!!

zoombini
11-07-2003, 16:28
Hence my previous sig's about not calling me "Zombie"...
Damn illitretrate yunks cont spill. lol.

abzorba
11-07-2003, 16:37
Methinks some German phrases need to be learnt.... "oh bugger" does not sound too well coming from the axis of evil!

IIRC Shizerkopf (phonetically) would be shithead