PDA

View Full Version : Moved home: Strange procedure in NTL?

bunnahnah
13-02-2004, 15:32
Hi,

Just posted the same message just now but was disconnected. You may see one that is hugely similar. Probably won't write such a long rant as before, though.

Does NTL have a stupid procedure where, if the Customer Solutions team in Newcastle accesses my file from the installation team in Coventry, the request for house-move gets reset?

I just called Customer Solutions for the 4th time in the past week, and it turns out that every time I called them, my request for house-move installation gets reset. This means that my waiting for the past 3.5 weeks for an installation date have been in vain? Apparently, every time the Customer Solutions team pulls my file from Coventry, sends it back to Coventry with the request to send me an installation date immediately, my request gets 're-set'. I presume a 're-set' means I HAVE TO wait 1-2 weeks before the Coventry team will even send me a date. What, like I am going to wait forever to get a date? And I cannot call them to remind them to send me a date, or else my request gets delayed for another 1-2 weeks? What kind of stupid procedure is this?

The days when I can get an installation date over the phone is well and truly over...

Irate user

:mad:

Graham F
13-02-2004, 16:49
I have never heard such utter bollox in all my life, that is totally untrue whoever told you that needs sacked!!

Steve H
13-02-2004, 18:07
Hi,

Just posted the same message just now but was disconnected. You may see one that is hugely similar. Probably won't write such a long rant as before, though.

Does NTL have a stupid procedure where, if the Customer Solutions team in Newcastle accesses my file from the installation team in Coventry, the request for house-move gets reset?

I just called Customer Solutions for the 4th time in the past week, and it turns out that every time I called them, my request for house-move installation gets reset. This means that my waiting for the past 3.5 weeks for an installation date have been in vain? Apparently, every time the Customer Solutions team pulls my file from Coventry, sends it back to Coventry with the request to send me an installation date immediately, my request gets 're-set'. I presume a 're-set' means I HAVE TO wait 1-2 weeks before the Coventry team will even send me a date. What, like I am going to wait forever to get a date? And I cannot call them to remind them to send me a date, or else my request gets delayed for another 1-2 weeks? What kind of stupid procedure is this?

The days when I can get an installation date over the phone is well and truly over...

Irate user

:mad:

This says it all :)

I have never heard such utter bollox in all my life, that is totally untrue whoever told you that needs sacked!!

Welcome to nthellworld bunnahnah :)

Ring Customer Services, or whoever you rang up and ask to speak to a team leader. Dont rest until it gets sorted, there and then... Make a fuss, make sure you stress how much you've been messed about, and are seriousley considering leaving NTL.. Make sure you get it sorted there, and then.

If this fails, post back here.