PDA

View Full Version : Dating Websites - Online Dating Agencys

DrAwesome
10-02-2004, 10:52
As Valentines day rapidly approaches i wonder just how many forum members have considered or tried looking for that special someone/romance online through Website Dating (http://www.justfate.co.uk/)

Justfate (link above) which was just recently launched. promises to provide you with info on the latest gallery openings, clubs, bars & restaurants so that you never miss an opportunity to meet new people.

You can upload your profile pictures & browse through profiles for free plus make contact with another member.

This costs either £9.95 a month, £14.95 for 3 months or £39.95 for 1 year. Once you register with the site you get unlimited access to info about other members, interact with them, search for potential partners & venues.

Atm there is a limited offer, you can join for Free (Unlimited Access for 1 Month)

Some people say there is no need to look for romance as it will find you.. if you decide to look for romance via web dating does this mean you are classed as desperate?

Do you also think by paying for a subscription to a dating agency you will find that special person you have been looking for or do you think its a complete waste of money because you have accepted, that your destiny is to be alone after being unsuccessful meeting people the normal way?

Escapee
10-02-2004, 12:49
<snip>

OK, I'll be first to stick my hand up!

I have tried one and was not very impressed, I found that from a guys point of view you are outnumbering the women by about ten to one. Also being honest does not get you very far because you will be up against all the married guys who say they are single and will tell any lie and boast just to get a bit on the side.

I have also found that most of the women were divorced with a massive chip on their shoulder, none of them seemed to be sane. I am not saying it's desperate place entirely but the signs were not very good.

I am usually the one that gets approached when out with my friends because I am a friendly sort of person, but certainly not the best looking in the group.
I found it very difficult to make a move on the dating site, but have no problem whatsoever in a crowded bar.

My personal opinion is they are not the best place to find a genuine partner who is level headed, I appreciate there are exceptions though... Possibly :D

luftys
11-02-2004, 00:06
I just want to get assimilated :naughty: :naughty: