PDA

View Full Version : I've turned to the dark side....

Russ
09-02-2004, 12:46
OK this ain't gonna please Neil one bit....but I've decided to ditch the XBOX in favour of a PS2.

I've just bought WWE Smackdown HCTP and I'm told it's flippin' faaaaabulous, as well as my old favourite from the PC, Splinter Cell.

Anyone else gone from XBOX to PS2 and regretted it or glad they made the change?

Neil
09-02-2004, 13:09
OK this ain't gonna please Neil one bit....but I've decided to ditch the XBOX in favour of a PS2.

I've just bought WWE Smackdown HCTP and I'm told it's flippin' faaaaabulous, as well as my old favourite from the PC, Splinter Cell.

Anyone else gone from XBOX to PS2 and regretted it or glad they made the change?

:rolleyes:

*Checks surprise-o-meter (no reading!) as Neil is used to Russ getting the latest toys (eg mobile phone) & ditching it soon after for something 'better'* ;)

[Edit]-Just wondering why Russ, when Splinter Cell on the XBOX is a vastly superior version in all depts (graphics/sounds etc) as it was coded for it 1st, & ported to the PS2 afterwards.

Can't comment on the WWF games as I haven't tried it (nor would I want to :D )

zoombini
09-02-2004, 13:27
TRAITOR!!

kill,
kill,
kill...

leodis
09-02-2004, 13:59
[QUOTE=Neil]:rolleyes:

*Checks surprise-o-meter (no reading!) as Neil is used to Russ getting the latest toys (eg mobile phone) & ditching it soon after for something 'better'* ;)

I would have thought the surprise-o-meter would have been off the scale as he's not ditching it for something better he's ditching it for something worse.:dunce:

Ramrod
09-02-2004, 14:07
Why would anyone want to go backwards in technology? :confused:

Paul
09-02-2004, 15:42
Still proundly using PS1 here :erm: :cool:

ic14
09-02-2004, 16:18
good on you russ, for doing what you want not listening to all the naysayers!!

Ramrod
09-02-2004, 16:34
Still proundly using PS1 here :erm: :cool:...but did you swop back from a PS2?

Russ
14-02-2004, 20:41
OK I've decided that the PS2 isn't all that and I'll be selling it on....

Actually I never got rid of my Xbox but was planning to, now I'll be sticking with it.

The PS2 I bought was second hand so tell me what you think of this......

PS2 (boxed) with 8MB memory card and 2 controllers, 3 games (WWE Smackdown: Here comes the Pain, Splinter Cell and The Thing.

Reckon I'd get £100 for all that?

leodis
14-02-2004, 21:47
Good man welcome back to the light...
I suppose you could always use the ps2 as a door stop!!!!
after all it must be useful for something:rofl:

Caspar
15-02-2004, 00:48
:erm::erm::erm::erm::erm::erm:

Tristan
15-02-2004, 01:06
Just out of curiosity, why do so many people (including moderators, for goodness sake!) feel the need to come to a PS2 thread for no reason other than to say that they think the XBox is better? On any other forum it would be called trolling...

Why do the underdogs always feel the need to go ****ging off the competition, no matter what? It's sad, frankly. SonyEricsson owners ****ging off Nokias, Mac/Linux users ****ging off Windows, XBox and GC owners ****ging of Sony. Why can't people just grow up?

The XBox has some good games for it. The PS2 has some good games for it. The Gamecube has good games too, and hell, so does the PC. Why not just accept that some people choose differentely to you, and stop sounding like a bunch of 15 year olds?

EDIT: And what's wrong with the word s l a g?

Neil
15-02-2004, 01:39

:rolleyes:

Actually I never got rid of my Xbox but was planning to, now I'll be sticking with it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

The PS2 I bought was second hand so tell me what you think of this......

PS2 (boxed) with 8MB memory card and 2 controllers, 3 games (WWE Smackdown: Here comes the Pain, Splinter Cell and The Thing.

Reckon I'd get £100 for all that?

Yeah, easy Russ. :tu:

Stuart
15-02-2004, 02:05

So, Gamecube next week then Russ?

Russ
15-02-2004, 15:02
Just out of curiosity, why do so many people (including moderators, for goodness sake!) feel the need to come to a PS2 thread for no reason other than to say that they think the XBox is better?

Because we're people too? We have opinions as well? And if you notice I asked a question in the first post.

On any other forum it would be called trolling...

Would it?

So, Gamecube next week then Russ?

Up your bottom, sir! The Xbox stays!! :D :D

Stuart
15-02-2004, 23:51
Up your bottom, sir! The Xbox stays!! :D :D
You say that this week... :D:D

Seriously, I got rid of my PS2 when I got an Xbox. I think you made the right choice.

imback
16-02-2004, 22:21
I still love my PS2 and Smackdown is fantastic when you download osme of the old school wrestlers. I'm not interested in online play though so guess that's why xbox don't bother me.

Frank
16-02-2004, 22:47
So, Gamecube next week then Russ?lol :rofl:

Maybe one big step backwards in technology is enough for one month :naughty: