PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service "Improvements"

progers
07-02-2004, 12:33
Hi all

Received my phone bill this morning, it contained a leaflet telling me how ntl are going to improve their billing and payment services. From March 2004, I will get:

:o A new customer account number
:) A new look account statement, easier to read and reconcile
:( Telephone calls will be ROUNDED UP to the nearest 1p and the call connection charge changed to 5p (from 4.9p)
:mad: Only telephone calls of 50p and above will be shown on your account statements......you can, if you wish,....see all of your calls itemised......at a charge of £1 per month

Savings (therefore inceased profits) to ntl! My current bill gives them an extra 32p due to the round up (bear in mind I have eve/we free call option) and saving of 2 sheets of paper, multiplied by how many customers?

Why don't they give me back the service I had as a BT customer, dialling through an ntl box, where all my bills were available on line and they can keep all their paper and save on the postage!

:mad: Peter:mad:

paulyoung666
07-02-2004, 12:41
not happy then , **** off back to bt , that is the only way they are going to get the message , oh btw :welcome: to the site :)

carthage
07-02-2004, 15:31
billing is the bugbear with most people

Florence
07-02-2004, 15:35
I already have internet billing for the SACM so I presume the telephone bill will join on there sooner or later.

progers
25-02-2004, 11:59
not happy then , **** off back to bt , that is the only way they are going to get the message , oh btw :welcome: to the site :)
Unfortunately, going back to BT saves nothing on ntl as the phone rental is included in the Digital TV charge and you get no rebate for not taking their phone. As I don't want a sky dish screwed to my wall looks as though I'll be staying with ntl!

Neil
25-02-2004, 12:07
Unfortunately, going back to BT saves nothing on ntl as the phone rental is included in the Digital TV charge and you get no rebate for not taking their phone. As I don't want a sky dish screwed to my wall looks as though I'll be staying with ntl!

Then why not ditch the ntl STB & phone line, & get a Freeview Box & a BT phone line? :confused:

progers
25-02-2004, 12:19
Then why not ditch the ntl STB & phone line, & get a Freeview Box & a BT phone line? :confused:
Cos I like lots of channels you can't get on Freeview, like E4 (for six feet under) and UK Gold etc etc.
:)

downquark1
25-02-2004, 12:22
*Cough* boycott.

Neil
25-02-2004, 12:27
Cos I like lots of channels you can't get on Freeview, like E4 (for six feet under) and UK Gold etc etc.
:)

Fair point, you are caught between a rock & a hard place then. :(

Stuartbe
25-02-2004, 12:29
Fair point, you are caught between a rock & a hard place then. :(

Cant see the problem with having a sky dish on the wall myself ????

I wish I could (in flats) I would drop the NTL tv like a hot potato if I could !

gavnad
25-02-2004, 23:09
can't see the problem with only having calls over 50p itemised......i would expect problems to arise with premium rate calls which would show as itemised anyways?

themelon
25-02-2004, 23:17
Sky is crap even wish an ugly dish bolted to your wall so i wouldnt do that anyway. The are the most hideous things!! When the weather is bad its a bit like having someone screw an old useless rusty binlid to the side of your house. Seriously the Sky service is the most overhyped, over priced thing ever the only benefit is a few red buttons and Sky+ if you are into that kinda thing!

Incidently Top Up TV is now available on terrestrial http://www.topup.tv and would enable you to get E4 and UK Gold at Primtime for £7.99 a month.

Graham F
25-02-2004, 23:19
It actually says rounded to the nearest penny :rolleyes:

so that includes a round down and a round up :)

progers
26-02-2004, 10:01
It actually says rounded to the nearest penny :rolleyes:

so that includes a round down and a round up :)
You may have a different letter, mine definitely says ROUNDED UP (confirmed that with customer services)

progers
26-02-2004, 10:03
can't see the problem with only having calls over 50p itemised......i would expect problems to arise with premium rate calls which would show as itemised anyways?
I deliberately make lots of 49.5p phone calls, daytime, that I have to claim expenses for so need the itemisation! :D