PDA

View Full Version : EMail Down The Pan Again

Jonboy
04-07-2003, 23:28
how come all other members of my family can get their mail
and all the spam gets thru but me muggins the main email account casnt get me mail dont remember ****in ntl off lately :shrug:

Jamie
04-07-2003, 23:33
NTL say that they can't guarantee a 100% fault free service and anyway, the email service is an extra - we don't pay for it according to them - which is a good thing because if I won't pay Hotmail for their email service I'm definately not going to pay NTL for their shit service:grind:

Jonboy
04-07-2003, 23:38
have to agree i just dont understand how the hell the rest of the family can get theirs and all the crap spam gets thro and the main account dies i find it really annoying and weird

Chris
04-07-2003, 23:59
Originally posted by Jonboy
how come all other members of my family can get their mail
and all the spam gets thru but me muggins the main email account casnt get me mail dont remember ****in ntl off lately :shrug:

Ntl have revealed that there is no particular order to how your email inboxes are held on their servers. It's possible that everyone in your family has their inbox stored on a server that's ok and it's just yours that lives on the one that's up the spout.

I haven't experienced any probs for a couple of weeks but that's 'cos I've permanently redirected all our ntlworld addys through different, separately paid for mail accounts. I'm surprised to hear there are still problems; the way they were talking about it on nthw.com the other week I (perhaps stupidly) thought the problem was about to get fixed. :rolleyes:

Martin
05-07-2003, 00:41
All my different accounts have been going down lately, bad form NTL.:(

Jonboy
05-07-2003, 01:13
my mate just down the road from me has the same prob so it my be just local Ha Bloody Ha:mad:

imback
05-07-2003, 02:30
As said above NTL have 7 mail storage servers, so your email accounts will be spread between them, so if one server goes it will only accounts on that server, it may only be one of them, it may be all of them, luck of the draw.

All 3 of mine have been belly up tonight but can get into them now, but have just gone into one that had 18 mails on it earlier now has none, and they aren't over 90 days old. So I hope they turn up in the morning.

obvious
05-07-2003, 11:44
7 mail servers for about 2 million customers (at a guess). WTF is their problem? At an infinitessimal cost per user, they could easily offer 100MB mailboxes, triple redundant backups and no bloody mail deletion.

bo-peep
05-07-2003, 11:47
every single account has been down since 6 last nite.BUT i can access webmail which is a miracle

bo-peep
05-07-2003, 11:50
i should've said that i CAN send mail from outlook

bo-peep
05-07-2003, 12:34
can anybody answer this.whenever ( tried it last time they messed about) i redirect my mail to the hotmail account i don't receive any except mail sent by myself? thought it was worth a try but it's not working

obvious
05-07-2003, 12:36
They just deleted ALL my emails. My ntl email account is empty.

Martin
05-07-2003, 16:08
Originally posted by obvious

A friend of mine had the same trouble but it was only a temporary fault.;) I'd definatley give them a ring though.:( Thats plain not on.

obvious
05-07-2003, 20:49
Originally posted by Shabba
No email probs here, nur-nur ;) :mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

imback
05-07-2003, 20:53
Originally posted by obvious

Yep and mine are still "gone":mad:

Jonboy
05-07-2003, 21:15
mines backup someone must have returned the extention lead

imback
05-07-2003, 21:48
Originally posted by Jonboy
mines backup someone must have returned the extention lead

Mine is working OK, but the 18 mails form one of my mail boxes is what is gone, since last night so don't think they will be coming back either:mad:

ntlman
06-07-2003, 15:02
ntlhome Internet Service - Registration (RESOLVED)
Ntlhome Internet customers attempting to register for the NtlWorld Service will be unable to complete registration at this time because of a technical fault.

This will also affect customers who are trying to change or update their personal account details.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and working on a resolution.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This has now been resolved.

ntlhome Internet Service - Registration (RESOLVED)
Ntlhome Internet customers attempting to register for the NtlWorld Service will be unable to complete registration at this time because of a technical fault.

This will also affect customers who are trying to change or update their personal account details.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and working on a resolution.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This has now been resolved.

As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade the existing cable network, there is a requirement to carry out Universal Broadband Router, or UBR, upgrades and maintenance to the core network.

On Tuesday the 1/7/03 between 01:00 and 06:00 :-

ntlhome Broadband customers will be unable to register for the service during this period window due to essential database maintenance.

Network optimisation may result in a very brief outage to Broadband customers in the following areas :-

Belfast City, Belfast, Coventry, Ely, Basford, Ipswich, Guildford, Biggleswade, Kempstone, Luton, Hartlepool, Middlesborough, Stockton, Lincoln, Mansfield, Northampton, Reading, Bishopbriggs, Greenock, Johnstone, Renfrew, Rutherglen, Cwmbrla, Sketty, Swindon.

Essential maintenance to the ntlworld email service will result in some customers being unable to receive email for approximately 3 hours during this time.

Software upgrades to the usenet service (newsgroups) may result in a degraded service for the duration of the work.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause