PDA

View Full Version : Create DVD from Digital Camcorder

eastwind
04-02-2004, 09:50
I capture my digital camcorder via a firewire using XP's Movie Maker, they are then saved into Window Media Player's WMV files. Can anybody sugguest a way to make these files into VOB files, (with the necessary .bup and .ifo files) so that I can make my own home movie DVDS.

bopdude
04-02-2004, 10:39
I capture my digital camcorder via a firewire using XP's Movie Maker, they are then saved into Window Media Player's WMV files. Can anybody sugguest a way to make these files into VOB files, (with the necessary .bup and .ifo files) so that I can make my own home movie DVDS.
I can't tell you directly but if you check out this (http://www.dvdrhelp.com)link it has all your dvd encoding burning answers etc ..... hope it helps you :)

SMHarman
04-02-2004, 11:20

If you mean MM then download MM2, its much better. Comparable to iMovie (ducks).

You need to save the output of WMMII (your edited movies) as AVI files, not WMV.

You need a piece of software such as TMPGenc, free and easy, which you drop this file into and go to bed. The MP2 codec requires buying the software after the trial.

In the morining you will have a MP2 file of the video and a MP or WAV file of the audio.

TMPGenc or Nero or whatever then will guide you through creating the structure of the DVD and putting the files on it, then burn (get a -RW as a trial disk) and test.

If you are happy with the results then burn to a -R for permanence.

eastwind
19-03-2004, 17:52
Done, got it to perfection !!! The Tmpgenc program can convert even .wmv files to Mpeg1, so one step less. I then used Tmpgenc DVD Author to produce all the vob files etc. for writing to DVD. This program is very easy to use and can even customise the menu for the dvd. When the files are prepared, just write to DVD using its own DVD writer or Nero. Piece of cake when you know how.