PDA

View Full Version : hello to the rest of you poor buggers!!

Stunty
30-01-2004, 16:49
hi

my names Stunty, I have had NTL broadband installed for over two years now and I'm still not putting my hopes on anything - I'm just taking it one day at a time.

right, not that's out the way with, I'm off to find a couple of threads obout ftp servers and uploading web sites to my web space.. there has to be more than a few of those strewn around here somewhere...

Bex
30-01-2004, 16:53
hi

my names Stunty, I have had NTL broadband installed for over two years now and I'm still not putting my hopes on anything - I'm just taking it one day at a time.

right, not that's out the way with, I'm off to find a couple of threads obout ftp servers and uploading web sites to my web space.. there has to be more than a few of those strewn around here somewhere...

:welcome: to the mad house, enjoy

Stunty
30-01-2004, 16:55
thank you kind person..

and if there's anything I can get to wave back at you in return, you just let me know.

Bex
30-01-2004, 17:00
thank you kind person..

and if there's anything I can get to wave back at you in return, you just let me know.

excuse me?

the emotcons are down the side when you click on the "reply" button at the bottom of someones post, it also includes what they have said, like i've done with your post

or alternatively do : welcome: without the space between the ":" and the "welcome:"

Stunty
30-01-2004, 17:19
hello Bexy

have you been hanging round here long?

dilli-theclaw
30-01-2004, 17:23
hi

Hello and welcome to the site :wavey:

Stunty
30-01-2004, 17:55
thanks

could anybody point me in the right direction for a thread explaining why all everything goes wrong please?

for the upload of a web site you understand?

Mark W
30-01-2004, 18:00
hiya Stunty, welcome to NTHW

hope alls well with you - you ever heard of a chat bot?

Scarlett
30-01-2004, 18:00
thanks

could anybody point me in the right direction for a thread explaining why all everything goes wrong please?

for the upload of a web site you understand?

Try here (http://www.ntli.info/index.php?page=index_v2&id=25&c=8)

Are you uploading via ftp or the upload.ntl... web page (well that shows how often I use the web page then doesn't it.)

Oh yes and hi :wavey:

Stunty
30-01-2004, 18:30
well lets see..

I've tried that bloody awful terapin thing they give awayu - (if I had a load of them I'd give them away too!)
I've tried my own FTP client, FlashFXP, I've tried talking to it nicely, I've shouted at it - stroked it - took the ******* out for lunch, bought it a load of drink, took it round a friend of mines and got it stoned -
and on top of that I still paid a bill each month and its not having any of it!!!
Its only 4Mb of data, and I've been trying to upload this now for five days!

FIVE DAYS!!!!

and I know its not me because I'm not an old hand at this. I have a theory it has something to do with port 21 ??!!??

but I could be wrong...if it is then I'm going to have to wait until all the internet traffic across northampton thins out enough for me to get a look in..
which will probably be next xmas..

like I said, I'm taking it one day at a time.

Stunty
30-01-2004, 18:33
Try here (http://www.ntli.info/index.php?page=index_v2&id=25&c=8)

Are you uploading via ftp or the upload.ntl... web page (well that shows how often I use the web page then doesn't it.)

Oh yes and hi :wavey:
I just checked out that link - thanks

but it wasn't any help I'm afraid...... still, never mind.. I wasn't holding my hopes too high anyhow....

Stunty
30-01-2004, 18:40
whoops

paulyoung666
30-01-2004, 18:44
can you not just use internet explorer ????????????????? :)

MadGamer
30-01-2004, 18:50
Hi Stunty, :welcome: to NTHW aka the mad house as Bexy pointed out. :D

Bex
30-01-2004, 18:53
hello Bexy

have you been hanging round here long?

i have been a member of this forum since august last year, and was a member of .com (the other site) for six months before then :D

Mark W
30-01-2004, 19:20
like paulyoung666 said, have you tried internet explorer?

in the addy bar type

ftp://username:password@upload.ntlworld.com

pm me if you want me to check your webspace is working fine - i work for ntl tech support :)

Stunty
30-01-2004, 19:22
internet explorer is the worst of them all!!

since august, mm.. long enough..

thank you WNA, I shall visit your blog - do you have any good stories about grown men hunting chicken on there?

Bex
30-01-2004, 19:25
internet explorer is the worst of them all!!

since august, mm.. long enough..

thank you WNA, I shall visit your blog - do you have any good stories about grown men hunting chicken on there?

been an nthw'er for over a year now :D so know the folks here pretty well..

grown men hunting chickens? :confused: :eek:

paulyoung666
30-01-2004, 19:26
getting very weird this thread , i am not really sure where it is going :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Florence
30-01-2004, 19:58
well lets see..

I've tried that bloody awful terapin thing they give awayu - (if I had a load of them I'd give them away too!)
I've tried my own FTP client, FlashFXP, I've tried talking to it nicely, I've shouted at it - stroked it - took the ******* out for lunch, bought it a load of drink, took it round a friend of mines and got it stoned -
and on top of that I still paid a bill each month and its not having any of it!!!
Its only 4Mb of data, and I've been trying to upload this now for five days!

FIVE DAYS!!!!

and I know its not me because I'm not an old hand at this. I have a theory it has something to do with port 21 ??!!??

but I could be wrong...if it is then I'm going to have to wait until all the internet traffic across northampton thins out enough for me to get a look in..
which will probably be next xmas..

like I said, I'm taking it one day at a time.

I have uploaded no problems just using IE on the ftp addy
:wavey: :welcome: to our humble NTLrefuge. :rofl:

Stunty
30-01-2004, 20:02
I have uploaded no problems just using IE on the ftp addy
:wavey: :welcome: to our humble NTLrefuge. :rofl:
thanks for that - your just trying to make me feel better I know you are...

so, what else do you guys do round here apart from bitch about NTL?

paulyoung666
30-01-2004, 20:19
thanks for that - your just trying to make me feel better I know you are...

so, what else do you guys do round here apart from bitch about NTL?

funny that , there isnt a great deal of bitching about ntl here , i suppose if you are having problems then you will have rung them and asked them to sort it out for you , wont you :)

Stunty
30-01-2004, 20:23
well thank goodness for that - does anyone round here like chickens?

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 20:25
excuse me?

:LOL: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Did you think your luck was in there bex ? :D

Oh :welcome: to the site BTW Stunty

Mark W
30-01-2004, 20:26
lol...im dying to know stunty - you know anyone called alice??

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 20:27
lol...im dying to know stunty - you know anyone called alice??

:rofl: :D

Stunty
30-01-2004, 20:31
:LOL: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Did you think your luck was in there bex ? :D
nothing to do but chat up the girls I'm afraid.... well, one thing to do actually - but we don't like to talk about that!

paulyoung666
30-01-2004, 20:37

uhhhhhhhhhhhh what is it with chickens then :confused: :confused: :confused:

Stunty
30-01-2004, 20:42
uhhhhhhhhhhhh what is it with chickens then :confused: :confused: :confused:
man, your too quick for me....

no it wasn't - but close.....

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 20:45
man, your too quick for me....

no it wasn't - but close.....

A couple of years with NTL and this guy has totaly lost it.....Not like me I am apple wibble dibble ibflib... fine :D

If I was a doctor I would prescribe a good dose of ADSL... :)

Florence
30-01-2004, 20:46

Just curious like all felines bbuuuuuttt
wheres the chickens

Stunty
30-01-2004, 20:49
shouldn't that be acid??

oh no! - I've said too much...

Sociable
30-01-2004, 20:49
A couple of years with NTL and this guy has totaly lost it.....Not like me I am apple wibble dibble ibflib... fine :D

If I was a doctor I would prescribe a good dose of ADSL... :)

Starting to think this may be a hybrid disease, possibly a cross between the new Chicken "flu" and "Swine" fever. Time will tell. :)

Mark W
30-01-2004, 20:50
ahhh, splendid - insanity really is catching then - im glad....me shrink owes me a fiver :)

Stunty
30-01-2004, 20:52
mmm adsl..

goes down well with a dose of talking heads I believe...

no, sorry, I'm getting that mixed up with acid...

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 20:54
mmm adsl..

goes down well with a dose of talking heads I believe...

no, sorry, I'm getting that mixed up with acid...

Dont we have a member that works for the drug squad ??? :D

Stunty
30-01-2004, 20:55
Just curious like all felines bbuuuuuttt
wheres the chickens
what exactly do you want to know about the chickens kitty?
don't be shy now..

paulyoung666
30-01-2004, 20:57
don't be shy now..

i reckon you need the number of a good vet my mate , or was it the nearest asylum :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sociable
30-01-2004, 21:01
mmmmm Yep seems I was right and Porcine Airlines Flight 101 is on the taxi way ready to take off.

Apology if I'm wrong but this is not that sort of forum Stunty so please be very careful OK.

paulyoung666
30-01-2004, 21:04
mmmmm Yep seems I was right and Porcine Airlines Flight 101 is on the taxi way ready to take off.

Apology if I'm wrong but this is not that sort of forum Stunty so please be very careful OK.

pmsl @ that my mate , maybe a good warning to heed ;)

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 21:09

Not speaking from experience are you Sociable ??? :D

Sociable
30-01-2004, 21:17
Not speaking from experience are you Sociable ??? :D

It's not that our female friends here cant stand up for themselves, as we all know they can very well, but in my view they should not have to.

Just thought it made sense to flash up a possible concern before rather than after the line was crossed.

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 21:19
It's not that our female friends here cant stand up for themselves, as we all know they can very well, but in my view they should not have to.

Just thought it made sense to flash up a possible concern before rather than after the line was crossed.

Fair enough m8 ------- I see your point :D

In fact I think the poor guy would get ripped to shreds by the female members of the forum --- They can bite hard .. :D

Florence
30-01-2004, 21:42
don't be shy now..

What does kitty (http://www.kittysworld.co.uk/images/smilliesavatar/an30.gif) and chickens have in common.. mmmm kittys love chicken..... to eat. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 21:49
What does kitty (http://www.kittysworld.co.uk/images/smilliesavatar/an30.gif) and chickens have in common.. mmmm kittys love chicken..... to eat. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As long as you keep your cat away from my hamsters !!! :)

Russ
30-01-2004, 21:54
Chickens are like absinthe, the more you think about it, the harder it gets.

Florence
30-01-2004, 22:01
As long as you keep your cat away from my hamsters !!! :)

which one the small cat or the big cat you want keeping away.

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 22:03
which one the small cat or the big cat you want keeping away.

It does not matter - Tubby has a mini AK47 anyway :D

Bex
30-01-2004, 22:09
Fair enough m8 ------- I see your point :D

In fact I think the poor guy would get ripped to shreds by the female members of the forum --- They can bite hard .. :D

too flipping right we can stick up for ourselves...and if you don't behave my "minders" will get you....isn't that right boys? ;) and if they don't my fella or my dad sure as heckers will :pp so be warned

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 22:11
too flipping right we can stick up for ourselves...and if you don't behave my "minders" will get you....isn't that right boys? ;) and if they don't my fella or my dad sure as heckers will :pp so be warned

Run away -- :walk: :D

With a mother in law that is a teacher and a father in law that is a retired semi pro boxer I know how to behave myself :)

Dont worry Bex - I promise to be good

Bex
30-01-2004, 22:13
Run away -- :walk: :D

With a mother in law that is a teacher and a father in law that is a retired semi pro boxer I know how to behave myself :)

Dont worry Bex - I promise to be good

stu it wasn't aimed at you my dear, you make me laugh :kiss:

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 22:18
stu it wasn't aimed at you my dear, you make me laugh :kiss:

ahhh thanks Bex... You would laugh even moor if you met me :D I am not the best looking guy in the world you know... (well nearly) :D

MetaWraith
30-01-2004, 22:23
ahhh thanks Bex... You would laugh even moor if you met me :D I am not the best looking guy in the world you know... (well nearly) :D
Send her a pic then,
Poor Bexy's ill, sent home sick, and they do say laughter's the best medicine.
:D

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 22:24
Send her a pic then,

:sulk:

sniff.......

Bex
30-01-2004, 22:28
Send her a pic then,

yeah poor bexy...awwwww lol

stu.....mates are mates, reagrdless of what they look like...and dont forget you are getting your arse to the next meet so :pp:pp

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 22:37
yeah poor bexy...awwwww lol

stu.....mates are mates, reagrdless of what they look like...and dont forget you are getting your arse to the next meet so :pp:pp

:) Thanks bex... Yah to you MetaWraith :PP:

I am looking forward to meeting everyone !!! :)

Bex
30-01-2004, 22:44
:) Thanks bex... Yah to you MetaWraith :PP:

I am looking forward to meeting everyone !!! :)

:notopic: but i am aiming for march/april.....midlands probably...got a couple of names down already ;):pp

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 22:45
:notopic: but i am aiming for march/april.....midlands probably...got a couple of names down already ;):pp

Pu me on the list m8 - I will pm you my email address..... Keep me updated :)

Julian
30-01-2004, 23:23
It does not matter - Tubby has a mini AK47 anyway :D

Kitty you need this:-

Download Failed (1) :D

Stuartbe
30-01-2004, 23:24
Kitty you need this:-

http://media3.funnyjunk.com/pictures/sniper.jpg :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Julian
30-01-2004, 23:26
Or -

http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pictures/notcute.jpg

Chris
30-01-2004, 23:32
OK,OK, I've been up since goodnessknowswhen and my brain is fried ... someone want to tell me what the wotsit is going on with this thread? I'm very confoooooosed :spin:

Julian
30-01-2004, 23:34
As Toyah put it " It's a Mystery" :)

Chris
30-01-2004, 23:39
As Toyah put it " It's a Mystery" :)
OK, that song is going to be howling around my head for a very long time now, thank you so much ... :cry: ;)

Julian
30-01-2004, 23:41
OK, that song is going to be howling around my head for a very long time now, thank you so much ... :cry: ;)

Don't forget to sing it with a lithp M8. :D

<edit> you at the airport now?

Florence
30-01-2004, 23:42
Well, whats going on in this thread is cat power plain and simple....

then again it could be weekend madness.. :naughty: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wavey:

Julian
30-01-2004, 23:42
Well, whats going on in this thread is cat power plain and simple....

then again it could be weekend madness.. :naughty: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wavey:

You like the pics Kitty. :D

Florence
30-01-2004, 23:44
You like the pics Kitty. :D
Yes always like cat pics.

Chris
30-01-2004, 23:44
Don't forget to sing it with a lithp M8. :D

<edit> you at the airport now?
Lithping away in my head ath weee thpeak :D

Yep, I'm at the airport ... these Singaporeans really are a connected lot, there are broadband 'net terminals everywhere.

I'm in heaven!

Well, almost ....

Julian
30-01-2004, 23:50
Lithping away in my head ath weee thpeak :D

Yep, I'm at the airport ... these Singaporeans really are a connected lot, there are broadband 'net terminals everywhere.

I'm in heaven!

Well, almost ....

If you're coming home you must be on SQ 318 then. :)

Chris
30-01-2004, 23:53
If you're coming home you must be on QF 31 then. :)
Assuming that number is a Qantas flight, no, not a bit of it - after having read this before booking my ticket:

http://yobbo.drivelwarehouse.com/archives/006292.html

I'm on SQ318. Having now gone long-haul with both BA and Singapore, I can say Singapore beats BA hands down. Actually if the recommendations I've had are to be believed, Singapore beats just about everyone hands down.

And so the thread topic began to mutate again ... :spin:

Julian
30-01-2004, 23:57
Heh changed my flight no. just before you posted. :)

2 hours to take off then.

Have a safe trip. :)

Hmmm lands at 1510 - you should be home by 1700. Just in time for tea. :D

Chris
31-01-2004, 00:05
Heh changed my flight no. just before you posted. :)

2 hours to take off then.

Have a safe trip. :)

Hmmm lands at 1510 - you should be home by 1700. Just in time for tea. :D
Eight hours ahead of you here - I'm boarding in 30 mins to take off in one hour. You got the landing time right tho' ... I will be back in Heathrow just after 3pm and home in time for tea. Of course, by five o'clock my poor bod will be telling me it's 1am Sunday morning. Urrrrggh...

Still, as I keep telling myself, it's an interesting experience I am blessed to enjoy - and as I'm on company business, I'm in business class:D :)

Watched 'Matrix Revolutions' on the way here, seeing as I never got to see it due to chronic shortage of babysitters. It was utter pants. Hopefully 'Master And Commander' is a bit better, I'm planning to watch that on the way home.

I'd better get going, anyways ... been hogging this terminal for half an hour. See you all back in the British corner of cyberspace...

kink
31-01-2004, 10:42
Chickens are like absinthe, the more you think about it, the harder it gets.

:confused: Chickens?

I thought your quote would be more like "Sheep are like absinthe, the more you think about it, the harder it gets." :shrug:

;)

NB. was going to post that last night.... thought the evil urge would pass..... errrrrr nope :D

Stuartbe
31-01-2004, 10:51
nothing to do but chat up the girls I'm afraid.... well, one thing to do actually - but we don't like to talk about that!

There is no need for that :mad:

paulyoung666
31-01-2004, 11:03
personally this is a thread going nowhere , close time methinks before it gets out of hand :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stunty
03-02-2004, 01:41
hey this thread did really well didn't it?