PDA

View Full Version : A trouble free installation

Captain_caveman
04-07-2003, 17:54
Now you've got back up off the floor in shock!

I've just had Ntl around to install my set top box and phone line and the installation went without a hitch. A miracle!

This is a big improvement from my last installation where a helpfull installer put his foot through the ceiling of the flat below.

So congrats to the installer.

Are ntl getting better at last?

th'engineer
06-07-2003, 15:42
your just lucky:D

BubbleGum
08-07-2003, 16:37
Originally posted by th'engineer
Yeah - lucky that the installation went without a hitch but will all his services work and for how long ?. The first time he has to phone CS or tech support he will know hes in nthell !.

orangebird
08-07-2003, 17:04
Originally posted by Bluetack
Yeah - lucky that the installation went without a hitch but will all his services work and for how long ?. The first time he has to phone CS or tech support he will know hes in nthell !.
#
He's neither lucky, nor is it miracle - my install and following services from ntl were more or less problem free! :)

Martin
08-07-2003, 22:14

Thinking back my install went without a hitch.:) But phoning CS is HELL:eek:

orangebird
08-07-2003, 22:16
Originally posted by Andre
Is this your idea of problem free? :eek:
http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39471

It's not what I would describe as problem free I must say.

Apologies, didn't make myself clear - my install and subsequent service for phone & familypack tv was hitch free :)

orangebird
08-07-2003, 22:42
Originally posted by Andre
But if you (as an employee) got BS'd from ntl, what hope have customers got?

This is exactly the type of issue that need highlighting to ntl.

They need to openly acknowledge that their idea of 'service' differs vastly to most other people's/companies.

We are not here just to slate ntl, we are very aware that there are many ntl employees who get a bum deal from ntl, and this ends up in the customer's lap, but there is no excuse for the way that ntl is well known for treating it's customers. I know no company is perfect, but ntl just seem to not care that they are getting it wrong just so long as the people involved can cover their backs long enough for someone else to take the blame.

[/rant over] :)

Being an employee makes no difference when it comes to CS......how/why should it?....

Most employees of ntl do care. And being an employee who has worked there for a few years now, takes 110% pride in her job, and does NOT see ntl through rose tinted glasses as some members here think, take it from me, you cannot begin to imagine the 'bum deals' the employees get from ntl that unfortunately does end up in the customers lap.

I also (as an ntl customer too) think this is unacceptable. I just think there are better means and ways of getting those who can make things in ntl happen listen (BK, AZ etc) to you, rather than just posting opinions on/assuming they're all bullshitters who don't care (how can some people be so vicoulsy abusive about people they've never even met???)- not the best way to make friends and influence people..... :erm:

Captain_caveman
10-07-2003, 15:46

Phone CS a couple of times now about getting BB installed and later to get the date of the installation changed, no probs what so ever, (except the installer ringing me to say he's outside the house waiting to install when nobody's in, he didn't get the message in time, but i didn't give them a lot of notice)

Chris
10-07-2003, 15:59
Initially we took two phone lines and free dial-up internet from ntl and the installers were very helpful and friendly. When a chunk of plaster fell off my wall where they were drilling through, the man with the drill was absolutely mortified even though it was quite obvious he had been as careful as possible.

It all went a bit pear shaped a year or so later when we got digital TV and broadband. TV install went fine but the engineer refused to run a cable for my BB from the front of the house to the back and left me to run it through the loft myself ... with about half as much cable as I needed.

But I'll not bang on about it, I've already told this tale in more detail in another thread...

btrundley
18-07-2003, 17:02
Both installations in both my old and new addresses was excellent, can't fault them at all, yet another triumph for the manual worker in irrespect of managment!!

Ramrod
18-07-2003, 17:17
Our install went fine as well:) (a year or so ago)

MikeyB
21-07-2003, 12:39
Had ntl round this morning to install 600K broadband.

Nice polite chap, took about 40 mins, no mess, no problems, connected me up, told me how to register etc.

All working 100% fine first time, wowie

Nice one ntl :)

Stephen Robb
22-07-2003, 00:12
Originally posted by th'engineer

Nah! Ze zun were bright and shiney!

allanprg
23-07-2003, 15:35
My intallation right back in the old CWC days was trouble free.Even the digital install a few years ago was very good.Everything worked a treat. I installed 600k BB myself nearly a year ago. That's been working very well. Only a few bits of trouble so far. So, so far so good. :wavey: :wavey: