PDA

View Full Version : personal web space - continued

bopdude
29-01-2004, 16:56
Hi to all, I have read and tried to follow all the hints \ tips in this section but still cant access \ upload \ download to my web space, anyone want to lead me by the hand.

Thanks for all and any help :)

paulyoung666
29-01-2004, 17:12
what errors are you getting ???????? :)

if you browse to this ftp://upload.ntlworld.com/ , what happens ??????? , sorry what should happen is you get a dialogue box saying blah blah blah , click ok and then right click login as , then put in your username and password :)

bopdude
30-01-2004, 06:13
what errors are you getting ???????? :)

if you browse to this ftp://upload.ntlworld.com/ , what happens ??????? , sorry what should happen is you get a dialogue box saying blah blah blah , click ok and then right click login as , then put in your username and password :)
Sorry for the late reply, I got busy last night. Ok when I follow the above instructions I get an error message saying,

" Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details:- the ftp session was terminated "

Got work this morning so will only be back online later, thanks for the input :)

swoop101
30-01-2004, 08:08
try this.

ftp://user.name@upload.ntlworld.com

it should then ask you for your password (original one when you signed up 1 letter 8 numbers)

then you should get in.

HTH

homealone
30-01-2004, 08:09
Sorry for the late reply, I got busy last night. Ok when I follow the above instructions I get an error message saying,

" Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details:- the ftp session was terminated "

Got work this morning so will only be back online later, thanks for the input :)

hey Bopdude :wavey:

it looks like a problem with the password - have you changed it since you registered? If you have a note of the original one NTL assigned you when you first signed up, then try with that.

paulyoung666
30-01-2004, 08:41

yeah if you get that far , click on ok then right click and choose login as , then put in your username and password :)

John Doe
30-01-2004, 11:52
yeah if you get that far , click on ok then right click and choose login as , then put in your username and password :)

I never knew that.

Also File>Login as

bopdude
02-02-2004, 16:32
Thanks for all the tips, I will give it a bash a bit later and let you all know...thanks

P.S. sorry for the late and irratic replys :)