PDA

View Full Version : New Renault Megan

Xaccers
27-01-2004, 20:58
The new Renault Megan, what do you think about it?

http://www.renault.co.uk/PUD/GB/PROD_GB/MEL_PROD/en/51829_wallpaper_2_smallImg_wallpapers_meganep2_vn_ mp2_wp_800_11.jpeg

Paul
27-01-2004, 21:01
erm ... Picture please ......

eddie00001
27-01-2004, 21:09
Like the front, rear is ****e though

Xaccers
27-01-2004, 21:12

In the interest of taste I've not posted a pic of the rear :p

eddie00001
27-01-2004, 21:20
Prefer this version

http://www.renault.com/img/produits/coupecab.jpg

Xaccers
27-01-2004, 21:22
Yes, the convertable is nice, but only in roof down mode, same with the saloon, it's not that good with the roof up.

The estate is nice :)

MadGamer
27-01-2004, 23:49
Um Thierry Henry springs to mind (Va Va Voom) :D

Xaccers
28-01-2004, 00:00
If only nicole came with the car :naughty:

Anyway, I pick up mine on the 1st March

Charlie_Bubble
28-01-2004, 00:52
Got one as a company car. Getting it replaced in a couple of months with another one.

Xaccers
28-01-2004, 00:53
Got one as a company car. Getting it replaced in a couple of months with another one.

Any problems? What spec is yours?

Charlie_Bubble
28-01-2004, 01:07
It's only the 1.4 version, a couple levels up from the bottom one, the Dynamique I think it's called. No problems except for a squeaky steering wheel, but as I get them replaced every 6 months I wasn't too fussed to get Renault have a look at it. It's quite a nice car, pretty nice to drive. Turn the auto lights off, or they will go on far too often without it being dark. I used to have 307s last year, but I prefer the Megane. I mainly use it to get to work every day as I do about 45 miles a day. Also use it on long trips to my parents in cornwall. It's nice and comfortable and pretty spacious inside, I'm 6ft 3 tall and it's got plenty of room for me. I've got my own Clio 172, so I get 1.4 cars to drive to work in and save putting the miles on the Clio. If I was buying one myself I would have got the 1.6 or 2.0 for a bit more power although the 1.4 is ok. I quite like the styling, even the arse end! :)

danielf
28-01-2004, 01:09

I kind of like the rear, but maybe I'm just posting in the wrong thread :D

To me the front looks a little clunky? Or is that just the pic?

Charlie_Bubble
28-01-2004, 01:12
I think it's the angle of the pic. The car is quite wide for it's size, I think it's the widest in it's class, so it's good going round corners :) The front is quite low and the bonnet is a bit of a swine to open!

Xaccers
28-01-2004, 01:15
I'm getting the 1.9DCi 120 6 speed Dynamique sports hatch (3 door version)
Got that engine in my laguna and I think I'll miss it too much not to have it :)

Charlie_Bubble
28-01-2004, 01:17
What colour did you go for? I have a silver one at the moment.

Xaccers
28-01-2004, 01:18
Flame red. The sales guy insisted on me having metalic paint so he threw it in for free :)

Charlie_Bubble
28-01-2004, 01:23
haha, well, didn't want to say it, but there is a really horrible light blue colour. There are a couple of the cabriolet's at work. They look ok with the roof up too in real life.

Xaccers
01-03-2004, 14:46
She (Melanie) is luverly :)
Can't go over 2500rpm for the first 900 miles, but that would mean doing over 90mph!
She's doing over 50mpgal too :drool:

orangebird
01-03-2004, 14:49
I think they're really nice.

I have to say, when I first saw one, I thought it was god awful, but it has definitely grown on me. The Scenics are nice too. :)

Xaccers
01-03-2004, 14:51
I think they're really nice.

I have to say, when I first saw one, I thought it was god awful, but it has definitely grown on me. The Scenics are nice too. :)

Scenic does look better, the bum doesn't seem to stick out so much.
You're right though about it growing on you, when I was at the dealer this morning, I even started thinking the saloon version was quite nice! :eek:

orangebird
01-03-2004, 14:56
Scenic does look better, the bum doesn't seem to stick out so much.
You're right though about it growing on you, when I was at the dealer this morning, I even started thinking the saloon version was quite nice! :eek:#

I can't drive saloon cars, I get a bit worried about not knowing exactly where the car ends when reversing it.... :dunce: :blush:

Xaccers
01-03-2004, 15:12
#

I can't drive saloon cars, I get a bit worried about not knowing exactly where the car ends when reversing it.... :dunce: :blush:

*refrains from mentioning women have a biological disadvantage when it comes to things like that, so you shouldn't fret about it, as it's always taken as being sexist, even tho it isn't.

orangebird
01-03-2004, 15:16
*refrains from mentioning women have a biological disadvantage when it comes to things like that, so you shouldn't fret about it, as it's always taken as being sexist, even tho it isn't.

No, not sexist, it's defo true in my case. I can drive a massive Luton Transit thing, or an estate, or a 4x4, but I cannot cope if I can't see where boot ends when I reverse. I do hasten to add I've never actually crashed a car because of this, but it often results when I reverse park that I'm at least 3 feet away from whatever I reversing towards.... :dunce: :spin: :angel:

I must also say that my reverse parallel parking has had many admirable comments from men, so am not an entire bird when it comes to driving.... :D

Xaccers
01-03-2004, 15:17
I got the three door version, and the doors are soooooo long!
Got to give that extra space between me and the car/wall/bollard next to me when I get out.
Keyless card is cool tho, just walk up, open, press start (with foot on brake or clutch) and go :)

Going to have to get used to how much the bum sticks out past the rear window.
I only had my laguna 2 weeks when I dented it in NTL's carpark at winnersh, and I'd rather not damage this car at all!

orangebird
01-03-2004, 15:21
I got the three door version, and the doors are soooooo long!
Got to give that extra space between me and the car/wall/bollard next to me when I get out.
Keyless card is cool tho, just walk up, open, press start (with foot on brake or clutch) and go :)

Going to have to get used to how much the bum sticks out past the rear window.
I only had my laguna 2 weeks when I dented it in NTL's carpark at winnersh, and I'd rather not damage this car at all!

To be fair Xaccers, that car park is a bugger to get round.... :spin:

Xaccers
01-03-2004, 15:23
To be fair Xaccers, that car park is a bugger to get round.... :spin:

Yup, grounded on one of the sharp concrete sides of a ramp :(

Did £325 damage.
:cry:

DrAwesome
01-03-2004, 15:28
Whats the insurance like on the New Meganes?

gazzae
01-03-2004, 15:28
I'm getting one in July, will have had my clio then for 3 years.

Xaccers
01-03-2004, 15:30

Cheaper than the laguna, not sure what the annual cost is as I'm part way through my insurance year

BBKing
01-03-2004, 15:31

That concrete monstrosity eats bumpers and wings. I luckily have two small cars and as yet have avoided bashing bits off them. Or I get the train.

SMHarman
01-03-2004, 15:44

There was me thinking it was because they had a distorted view of the size of the rear and always thought it looked bigger than it really was. :naughty:

orangebird
01-03-2004, 15:50

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/insurance/index.aspx?manu_name=Renault&manufacturer_name=8219&model_id=706&fueltype=&months=&spare1=&spare2=

Link to the insurance group for a 2002 onwards Megane - ranges from 3 to 8 or 9 I think, depending on the model you get.