Got told off for drinking too much at a party
on Saturday night

got told I "had a problem"

although I did not think I was in too bad a state myself

any opinions on drinking in general

Ramrod
26-01-2004, 13:50
any opinions on drinking in generalIt's great! :D
btw....whats 'not too bad a state' in your book?...

Xaccers
26-01-2004, 13:52
I've been lucky with my drinking buddies, when they have enough to make them drunk, they get silly rather than obnoxious or violent.
I myself don't drink much, can't stand beer so I normally drink tequilla and redbull. I can make a glass last a round, and after the first mouthful I'm pretty drunk (a real lightweight, remember that ladies, I'm an inexpensive date :naughty: ). Eventually, I'll have a drink and it won't appear to have any more affect on me, and the alcohol tends to start tasting bad, so I'll just stick to redbull from then on. Consiquently, by the end of the night, I'm starting to sober up.
If there's even the smallest possibility of me needing to drive (even the day after) I'll stick to soft drinks.
I think if you're out with your mates in town, drinking til you get bladdered isn't so bad, but it's not the done thing if at a party or work do.

Popeye
26-01-2004, 13:55
It's great! :D
btw....whats 'not too bad a state' in your book?...

two or three bottles of bud
at least two bottles of wine

couple of glasses of medium strength cups of punch

maybe a couple of vodkas too

it went on till the next morning about 6am though

blackthorn
26-01-2004, 13:59
Personally I don`t drink anymore I gave it up years ago. I`ve seen too much heartache through booze, so I`m slightly biased when it comes to giving an opinion on alcohol. With 3 alcoholics in the family (I`m not one thank god, I just saw what drink can do to someone) I know it can ruin peoples lives. I`m sure you are not like that but be careful, it gets a grip when you don`t realise whats happening.
There`s quite a list to ask yourself if you`ve got "a problem". One of them is, Have you ever missed a days work through drinking the night before?

Nor
26-01-2004, 14:02
In moderation its great. But human nature sucks and doesn't really go with moderation. Really can f*ck you up without you even knowing it.

Ramrod
26-01-2004, 14:03

it went on till the next morning about 6am thoughhmmmm (imo) seems a bit on the high side but it was till 6am though (was that with food as well?). I would say you have a borderline problem-but who am I to talk-I had 12 double brandies on my 18th, and wasn't drunk(but it would probably kill me now)! However, remember that the definition of an alcoholic is someone who drinks more than his doctor :D

bopdude
26-01-2004, 14:06
Personally I know that I play \ work and drink hard, so it all balances out IMHO that is, and the only problem i've got is 2 hands and only one mouth :naughty: not wanting to cause any offense :nono: , sorry to those who do have a problem with or know people affected by alcohol. :Peace:

Nor
26-01-2004, 14:07

Thats quite a lot :) 2 bottles of wine hehe

Popeye
26-01-2004, 14:09
hmmmm (imo) seems a bit on the high side but it was till 6am though (was that with food as well?). I would say you have a borderline problem-but who am I to talk-I had 12 double brandies on my 18th, and wasn't drunk(but it would probably kill me now)! However, remember that the definition of an alcoholic is someone who drinks more than his doctor :D

yeah - so that was over a period of about 12 hours
and there was lots of food there - and I made sure I had a fair bit to eat before I went there

but I would be honest in saying that it is rare for me to have a day completely free of alcohol - not normally till after 8pm though

Nor
26-01-2004, 14:14
Not what you want to hear but I honestly believe once you start having a drink everyday its the beginning of a problem. Its more that it becomes a habit and its not easy to get out of habits.

If its 1 beer a day or 1 glass of wine a day, then yeah not a problem. Infact I think thats better for you than not drinking at all. But... very few of us can stick to those quantities.

paulyoung666
26-01-2004, 14:17
on Saturday night

there is your answer , if you thought you werent too bad but other ppl did then you were ****faced and didnt know it , take it easy :)

Jon M
26-01-2004, 14:19

Try this test: http://www.alcoholscreening.org/index.asp for rough guide to your drinking habits..

Personally I think that if your liver had hands it would be trying to reach up and close your throat..

I have been very drunk a couple of times and i regret every sip. My beliefs mean that I would never condone getting drunk which is a practical thing to follow.
If you have a problem with drink, the best thing is to stay as far away from it as possible.
Theres no point standing in the motorway if you don't want to get run over.

I think I've grown up enough to be responsible now.. but it could easily have gone another way whilst I was a teenager.

I would seriously suggest you evaluate whether a good time now is worth the heartache and health problems later on. (plus, think of how much money you could save ;))

Chris
26-01-2004, 14:41
on Saturday night

The way you post

your comments in these threads

is so utterly identical to that of another member

called Peachey

that I wonder whether you are identical twins.

Care to comment?

Ramrod
26-01-2004, 14:46
yeah - so that was over a period of about 12 hours
and there was lots of food there - and I made sure I had a fair bit to eat before I went thereSo (imo) altouch on the high side but ntb for 12 hours (unless you do that kind of thing often)

but I would be honest in saying that it is rare for me to have a day completely free of alcohol - not normally till after 8pm thoughMe too (but I don't have a problem-honest! :D )

orangebird
26-01-2004, 14:49
Try this test: http://www.alcoholscreening.org/index.asp for rough guide to your drinking habits..

oops...just did that test - I am in the top one percent of women who consume the most alcohol.... :erm:

Bifta
26-01-2004, 14:50

Yeah .. everyone likes a drink, no-one likes a drunk :)

Popeye
26-01-2004, 15:19
The way you post

called Peachey

Care to comment?

yeah - never heard of her

paulyoung666
26-01-2004, 16:08

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm so you suppose that peachey is a her then do you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chris
26-01-2004, 18:09

But you assume Peachey is a 'she'?

Interesting.

I don't recall Peachey ever unambiguously saying one way or the other.

Are you sure?

:)

danielf
26-01-2004, 18:21
The way you post

called Peachey

Care to comment?

Now that you mention it. Well spotted!! It is uncanny :)

Atomic22
26-01-2004, 18:44
i like a few tinnies myself and im partial to the odd breezer , and i enjoy red and white wine , tequila ,absinthe , vodka , gin etc..........and as the saying goes...........
i dont have a drink problem
i drink
i get drunk
i fall down
no problem
:nono:

Bex
26-01-2004, 20:55
The way you post

called Peachey

Care to comment?

thank you...i have been saying this for ages and ages....but noone agreed with me....so pleased your back

whoever it was who suggested that link i dont like you <sulks> apparently my drinking habits are "hazardous and harmful", think maybe it was that question on remembering the whole evening after drinking :blush:
and with that im off down the pub :rofl:

whoever mentioned absineth...i shudder at the memory of that drink :blush:

peachey
26-01-2004, 20:59
But you assume Peachey is a 'she'?

Interesting.

I don't recall Peachey ever unambiguously saying one way or the other.

Are you sure?

:)

what's all this madness about!!!

Ramrod
26-01-2004, 21:02
...The plot thickens :D

paulyoung666
26-01-2004, 21:02

madness where :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kronas
26-01-2004, 21:10

yes simple, dont drink, no need to drink, no positives come out of it.

handyman
26-01-2004, 21:20
It is likely that your current drinking patterns are hazardous or harmful to your health and well being

:eek: omg though I could not fill it in correctly, Take saturday for example I had a small stubby beer and then half a glass of red with my meal, then coke for the rest of the evening, even tried a non-alcoholic becks [who knew you coulf get them?]. The next night Was my turn to have a drink so I kicked back with a bottle and tv and had a chilled night. Might have odd glass of red a couple of nights a week also but I would not classify this as a heavy Drinking pattern.

I have also had a few special occasions where I have been out and not remembered things the next day but those dont happen too often :erm:

sir_drinks_alot
26-01-2004, 22:03
http://www.alcoholscreening.org/screening/results1.asp?ID=164914:naughty:

Ramrod
26-01-2004, 22:18
http://www.alcoholscreening.org/screening/results1.asp?ID=164914:naughty:
Ditto :D

Ramrod
26-01-2004, 22:20
yes simple, dont drink, no need to drink, no positives come out of it.Spoken like a true teetotaler :D

kronas
26-01-2004, 22:23
Spoken like a true teetotaler :D

i dont drink tea or coffee :D :D :D

Bex
27-01-2004, 00:06
:eek: omg though I could not fill it in correctly, Take saturday for example I had a small stubby beer and then half a glass of red with my meal, then coke for the rest of the evening, even tried a non-alcoholic becks [who knew you coulf get them?]. The next night Was my turn to have a drink so I kicked back with a bottle and tv and had a chilled night. Might have odd glass of red a couple of nights a week also but I would not classify this as a heavy Drinking pattern.

I have also had a few special occasions where I have been out and not remembered things the next day but those dont happen too often :erm:

a non-alcoholic version of me :eek: :rofl:

alcohol is good sometimes and bad at others :eek::naughty:

Ramrod
27-01-2004, 00:09
i dont drink tea or coffee :D :D :D :knock: :D

Marge
27-01-2004, 00:13
I honestly didn't consider myself a "drinker" until I realised I was reading the thread whilst drinking straight from a bottle of Baileys :erm:

danielf
27-01-2004, 00:16
I honestly didn't consider myself a "drinker" until I realised I was reading the thread whilst drinking straight from a bottle of Baileys :erm:

You've got nothing to worry about. Nobody in their right mind would class Baileys as a proper drink :)

homealone
27-01-2004, 00:19
Spoken like a true teetotaler :D

it's true - he is - we ought to have a 'how many units have you had tonight', thread, for the others? :p

Julian
27-01-2004, 00:20
I wouldn't rule out alcohol going the same way as smoking in the future.

Right now a few "social" drinks are deemed acceptable, much the same as "social" smoking was accepted 25 - 30 years ago.

They are both drugs and are a non-necessity as far as life is concerned.

I enjoy a few social drinks and when I have a drink I will have a cigar or two too.

I don't need either. :)

Maybe we should all give them both up and bankrupt the government. :D

Bex
27-01-2004, 00:24

baileys is yummy stuff....i can drink it without feeling any effect (or so i think) i apologise in advance just got in from pub :LOL:

Ramrod
27-01-2004, 00:25
it's true - he is - we ought to have a 'how many units have you had tonight', thread, for the others? :p :erm: Replace 'units' with 'bottles' :D

Nor
27-01-2004, 00:25
A small amount of alcohol daily is beneficial for you though. Unlike like fags where any is bad. In my opinion though the negatives outweigh the positives with drinking and it'd probably be for the good of us all if we didn't have it.

Bex
27-01-2004, 00:26
:erm: Replace 'units' with 'bottles' :D

ramrod..have u drunk that much? :eeek: would never have taken you for a drinker

Maggy
27-01-2004, 00:27
oops...just did that test - I am in the top one percent of women who consume the most alcohol.... :erm:

I can't do it as nowhere is there the option to say one doesn't drink every day/week/month.

I guess I don't have a problem then.Last drink I had was two glasses of Champagne at New Year.

Frankly I can't be bothered to go out drinking much and it's pointless indulging in too much solitary drinking at home.However on the occassions when I have been drunk I'm a happy drunk.

The ones I hate are the mean drunks and the happy but take the p*ss drunks(husband's one of those :mad: most beseting sin) because they suck any enjoyment out of an evening for everyone.

Give me the sort that love the world they are the most fun.

Incog. :wavey:

Marge
27-01-2004, 00:29
baileys is yummy stuff....i can drink it without feeling any effect (or so i think) i apologise in advance just got in from pub :LOL:

Discovered a top drink in Tenerife, BMW's, Baileys, Malibu and Whisky, give it a stir and off you go. For some strange reason I thought the pool table was my bed for the night :blush: oh the joys of all inclusive holidays :drunk:

homealone
27-01-2004, 00:33
I wouldn't rule out alcohol going the same way as smoking in the future.

Right now a few "social" drinks are deemed acceptable, much the same as "social" smoking was accepted 25 - 30 years ago.

They are both drugs and are a non-necessity as far as life is concerned.

I enjoy a few social drinks and when I have a drink I will have a cigar or two too.

I don't need either. :)

Maybe we should all give them both up and bankrupt the government. :D

it's still your birthday - I hope you have indulged your options to the limit of your resources & principles - re: the anarchy - we will see........

danielf
27-01-2004, 00:42
Could somebody give me a nudge? I'm at 99 (reps that is, not units for this week ;))

The suspense is killing me...

Bex
27-01-2004, 00:44
Could somebody give me a nudge? I'm at 99 (reps that is, not units for this week ;))

i would but have to be a slut first....

debs sounds like my kind of drink :D

Maggy
27-01-2004, 00:47

post summat I can rep you for then and stop begging. :p

hint,I need a laugh. :wavey:

danielf
27-01-2004, 00:51
post summat I can rep you for then and stop begging. :p

hint,I need a laugh. :wavey:

You clearly haven't read my sig...

Julian
27-01-2004, 00:55
Can't help you m8 - you've been done recently. :D

Maggy
27-01-2004, 01:02
oh all right I can't stand it when those little soulful eyes well up like that.Just this once though.

homealone
27-01-2004, 01:03
:erm: Replace 'units' with 'bottles' :D

lol - you speak for yourself, you pilsner person, you ;) :)

Marge
27-01-2004, 01:04

I've given you some chuck :naughty: hope I've pushed you over the edge :erm:

danielf
27-01-2004, 01:06
oh all right I can't stand it when those little soulful eyes well up like that.Just this once though.

Cheers Incog. Job done now everybody. Begging over :)

Julian
27-01-2004, 01:09
<snip>i would but have to be a slut first....

That's what you told me too... :D

danielf
27-01-2004, 01:18
I've given you some chuck :naughty: hope I've pushed you over the edge :erm:

Let's say it's a tie between you and incog ;)

Marge
27-01-2004, 01:20
Let's say it's a tie between you and incog ;)

The main thing is between us we managed to satisfy you :D

homealone
27-01-2004, 01:31
The main thing is between us we managed to satisfy you :D

he doesn't know how lucky he is :)

danielf
27-01-2004, 01:35
he doesn't know how lucky he is :)

I am feeling sooo lucky tonight. Pity the pubs are closed :naughty:

Marge
27-01-2004, 01:38
I've just realised I'm swigging a bottle of Baileys, singing old 80's songs and laughing to myself, I'll have to avoid eye contact with the neighbours tomorrow :blush:

Bex
27-01-2004, 20:10
That's what you told me too... :D

shhhhhh julian you weren't meant to tell anyone :naughty: :rofl:

so is it conclusive? do we as a forum drink too much?

luftys
27-01-2004, 20:54
shhhhhh julian you weren't meant to tell anyone :naughty: :rofl:

so is it conclusive? do we as a forum drink too much?
Only had 2 drinks in 2 years :angel:

Bex
27-01-2004, 20:56

*cough* new years eve, whisky *cough*

luftys
27-01-2004, 20:58
*cough* new years eve, whisky *cough*
yes and that was only 1 drink(ok it was a bottle)

Bex
27-01-2004, 21:06
yes and that was only 1 drink(ok it was a bottle)

:rofl: stop trying to convince people you are an :angel: noone is fooled

paulyoung666
27-01-2004, 21:32
:rofl: stop trying to convince people you are an :angel: noone is fooled

now now , stop it children , if you cant you will have to sit in the corner with your :dunce: hats on :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paul
27-01-2004, 21:48

You must be damned thirsty by now then ;)