PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Billing

zendawn
25-01-2004, 00:57
Does anyone know if there is another way to get your up to date phone charges, without having to ring CS. I'm in ex-C&W Brom region so don't think i can get e-billing.

Trouble is most times I ring CS they give the daily credit amount, which is not what you actually owe.

Also the CS operator can see what phone numbers youve called whenever they do the computer search, which personally I think is an invasion of my privacy.

Not sure how BT do their billing but there should be a better way of getting your phone billing amount, apart from waiting for the bill (5 or more days) after its been posted. Unfortunatly they say you have 2 weeks to pay your bill but those 5days eat into that so your left with only 7 working days in effect.

Where as if I knew I owed x amount by getting an upto date total say on an automated system, I could be ready far quicker.

Marge
25-01-2004, 02:28
I'm sorry but I can't see how a CSA knowing what numbers you've called is an invasion of your privacy. The numbers dialled aren't disclosed to anyone else and if there is an enquiry about a call made we have to know details about it. Sometimes a customer can't remember making a call especially if it's an 0845 number so we can dial that number for them to check. No judgements are made as to the nature of the call ie if it's to an adult chat line or whatever. It can also benefit a customer as we can see whether they may save money by switching to a different call plan.

No other way I'm afraid of getting the unbilled call costs other than ringing CS. The daily credit amount is for all services together ie tv and phone but you can be told the unbilled calls total as a separate amount.

steve5424
25-01-2004, 03:07
I know the Celtic region have just launched myntlhome.com a site where you can check your current balance and also upgrade/downgrade any service and also get tech help via the site with out needing to call a CSR. Also the IVR serice when you dial 08000522000 says to pay a bill press 1 if you go into this there is then an option to listen to you current acc balance.

steve

Marge
25-01-2004, 03:23
I know the Celtic region have just launched myntlhome.com a site where you can check your current balance and also upgrade/downgrade any service and also get tech help via the site with out needing to call a CSR. Also the IVR serice when you dial 08000522000 says to pay a bill press 1 if you go into this there is then an option to listen to you current acc balance.

steve

Nothing like that darn sarf of the border yet but hope something similar is launched soon, looks good and customer useful/friendly.

zendawn
25-01-2004, 03:42
I'm sorry but I can't see how a CSA knowing what numbers you've called is an invasion of your privacy. No other way I'm afraid of getting the unbilled call costs other than ringing CS. The daily credit amount is for all services together ie tv and phone but you can be told the unbilled calls total as a separate amount.

I'd prefer it, if only supervisor level or above had the ability to see the phone numbers a customer had called. I'm not sure but I wouldnt have thought CSAs had the authority to solve any phone number related billing problems.

I normally ask for the unbilled calls, but some CSAs don't seem to know that term, and give me the credit amount. Also I dont really want to waste CSs time just asking for my billing amount. It would be much easier if you could get a display like the caller ID ones. that shows how much you have spent so far.

Hopefully the myntlhome system will be put in place when the billing system is harmonised.

Marge
25-01-2004, 03:48
To be honest if we do get a telephone billing call it's usually something like "I called America last week and was on for an hour and I'm worried how much the call cost" honestly I would be extremely surprised if any CSA took the slightest bit of notice of any the actual numbers called. I agree about the ntlhome system, looks good and look forward to this being launched hopefully soon.

Paul
25-01-2004, 03:55
Is myntlhome working now ? - I recall it had a problem or two when it was launched the other week.

Marge
25-01-2004, 04:01
Is myntlhome working now ? - I recall it had a problem or two when it was launched the other week.

totally :notopic: but congrats on 1000 posts lol :tu:

zendawn
25-01-2004, 04:11
To be honest if we do get a telephone billing call it's usually something like "I called America last week and was on for an hour and I'm worried how much the call cost" honestly I would be extremely surprised if any CSA took the slightest bit of notice of any the actual numbers called..

OK take this situation for example. A person is working in CS because they had to get a job. The reason they had to get a job was because they were cheating the DSS and someone shopped them to the Dole cheater phone line.

A couple of months later, a customer rings up and asks for information about their phone bill, the CSA looks up the info and notices the phone number for the DSS Cheat line in the caller info.

Incensed, the go home, get their uzi 400 and go around to the customer home and blow them away.

It could happen :D

Marge
25-01-2004, 04:20
Not seen anything like that so far but I'll let you know ;)

Rillington
25-01-2004, 22:34
I'm sure BT can also see what calls you have made.

Must say that what calls I make are none of anyone's business especially if I pay my bill. I have nothing to hide, not least because I don't make many calls and I tend to only call about a dozen numbers anyway. That said, oivacy is something I think is na basic human right and I would take issue with anybody invading my privacy by dialing numbers, for example, to see who I might be calling.

tkiely
25-01-2004, 22:38
I have just rejoined BT and it is SOOOOOOOOOO fine!!!

I can log on to BT.com and see my bill up to the latest second, all my phones have suddenly lit up with CLI info and when you call them a friendly, happy sounding and HELPFULL person answers in less than 2 rings.

It has changed so much since i left 6 yrs ago. My thanks for 6yrs of ntl custom at £120 per mth?? well lets not go there.

now,,,, who else does telly and broadband???????????