PDA

View Full Version : Don't give up hope!!

psteel
23-01-2004, 11:07
Hi,

I used to belong to the nthellworld.com forum and joined it to get some help with my webspace. This was back in September last year.

NTL had trashed my dtn.ntl.com webspace and was only giving me 10Mb instead of the 50Mb due as a BB customer.

I tried the helpdesk, tried staying on the phones for 30 minutes at a time, and just got exasperated with the whole thing. My website had been working fine since nearly the start of NTL, but NTL helpdesk *thought* that one of my files was 'not written correctly' :)

I tried for help here, and I believe I might have got some, but I never heard back and then they pulled the plug.

This month I tried again, new year resolution and all that, got thru to a guy called Jason in Swansea. Within 5 minutes I had my ntlworld webspace at the ntlworld ftp address and hopefully my 50Mb. I have yet to test that part.:)

This guy managed to accomplish in 5 minutes more that the helpdesk could in 2.5 months. It was not hard to do, he just removed my account and put it back on. As I used to work there myself, I appreciated his effort.

So the moral of all this rambling is that do not give up hope, keep on at them. I know we should not need to, but it will eventually get results.

Not much of a consolation to those currently having problems I know, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Jon M
23-01-2004, 11:12
Welcome to NTHW.co.uk I hope you have a long and happy stay.. I'm glad you had a better experience of customer services this time around, we're all for more of this kind of story :)

Stuartbe
23-01-2004, 11:16
:welcome: to the site.....

I am glad that you got the problem sorted. !!!

You could try loading a batch of mp3 files up to the site and then removing them to test the size limit.

etccarmageddon
23-01-2004, 11:45
legal MP3's of course! lmao!

Stuartbe
23-01-2004, 11:47
legal MP3's of course! lmao!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Is there such a thing ??? :D :D :D

Its a shame you dont get 50gig of web space - you could test the capacity by uploading one days worth of ntl complaints. That should just about fit ! :D

Mr.Moony
23-01-2004, 12:28
Removed it and Re-added it?

Ohh dear....

psteel
23-01-2004, 13:09
I uploaded a 15Mb Psiwin file and that went OK, so I have at least more than 10Mb now :)

:welcome: to the site.....

I am glad that you got the problem sorted. !!!

You could try loading a batch of mp3 files up to the site and then removing them to test the size limit.

psteel
23-01-2004, 14:33
Don't knock it. He solved 4 months of grief in 5 minutes.:) nthellworld.com was unable to help.

Removed it and Re-added it?

Ohh dear....

John Doe
23-01-2004, 19:15
I think this highlights the point - NEVER ring CS for any sort of fault, you mey get through quicker but if you want the fault FIXING call Tech Support - Its what they live for :D

th'engineer
24-01-2004, 13:40
I think this highlights the point - NEVER ring CS for any sort of fault, you mey get through quicker but if you want the fault FIXING call Tech Support - Its what they live for :D
In the North west we have some very switched on CS people that can deal with all faults

schiller
24-01-2004, 20:50
In the North west we have some very switched on CS people that can deal with all faults
I dont doubt it. In fact I bet there are some right idios in TS too (not an insult just making fair and balanced criticism)

th'engineer
26-01-2004, 11:09
No problem have had a few calls to tech support down there and have been lucky . the phone of fortune smiled on me a got one of the good ones once:angel: