PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled NTL

M4TTA
20-01-2004, 18:06
Hiya again guys, long time no see :)

hope all are well ;)

well sadly ive given up the fight to get a decent service :(

Ive had NTL now for 3 years (bills around 70 - 80 a month) and still im getting modem problems (its service not modem) Telly's recently started to lock up and im sick of unplugging the power from the back of the box and back in again.

Phone has been the only decent thing ive had, so thanks for that :)

I terminated the contract today and was advised it would take 30 days to cancel.

Is this:

30 Days from Today ?

30 Days from my last bill ?

or something else ?

Will an engineer turn up ? will an engineer turn up early (before the 30 days are up ?)

Im backing up my FTP accounts now.

The lady on the phone didn't really advise me much apart from "ok, thanks".

Typical tbh, but never mind.

Can anyone give me some kind of procedure that happens please ?

Thanks for all the help ive had from people in the past

Ben
GreenCow
mainly and so many others :)

without u guys im sure the helpdesks would be rammed more that they are already :p

Neil
20-01-2004, 18:12
M4TTA, firstly welcome to the site. :wavey:

Secondly, you have done the right thing. :tu:

Might I suggest you have a click here: http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37 ? ;)

Enjoy the site. :)

Ben
20-01-2004, 18:12
Well M4TTA all I can say is fair play - I did try to get this resolved for you but alas NTL still couldn't do it.

I'm going over to BT V soon as well - You can find my thread : http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6572

M4TTA
20-01-2004, 18:15
cheers guys :)

@ Neil thx for the welcome :) used to post on the "old" site ;)

@ Ben, i gotta say thx man, u did your upmost, but as you say, a certain area of the company failed, where they seem to fail more often than not :(

thx for the link Neil, ill have a poke around :)

trebor
20-01-2004, 18:39
I feel sure you will be a lot happier and have a lot better service without NTL ;)

who wants a new nthell website/ forum section we can call it exntl? there will be lots of members/posts at this rate.

and now a joke.... how many customers leaving does it take to make an NTL manager think....... answer.... it doesn't matter, because they can't

Stuart
20-01-2004, 18:40
Well, I should be getting rid of NTL soon.

I have had relatively few problems with the service, so I am not leaving because of that.

Put simply, if you read my Blog, you will see that my mother died recently. The main phone line into the house is BT line, and seeing as I will probably have to keep that (all my family and friends know the number) and that Sky + BT work out slightly cheaper for what (TBH) would probably be a superior service.

I currently have NTL Digi TV, Broadband and 2nd Phone line (costing around £70 a month IIRC)+ a Tivo (costing £10 a month).

I can do the same (and more) with Sky + & ADSL for around £60 a month. I can also record two channels (or watch one and record another) at the same time. If I want to spend the extra money, I can have 2 Mb ADSL from Bulldog..

If NTL can match all that, I'll stay.

So, TBH, NTL isn't worth the money anymore.

M4TTA
20-01-2004, 19:06
thx for the replies guys

@ scastle, sorry to hear about your tradegdy :( very sad m8, feel for you.

on a lighter note, anyone know any answers to my questions ?

Neil
20-01-2004, 19:11
30 days from you 'phone call, but you are far better off putting it in writing as they will deny all knowledge of any such phone call & keep billing you. :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone from ntl CS on the board can help you. :)

M4TTA
20-01-2004, 19:40
30 days from you 'phone call, but you are far better off putting it in writing as they will deny all knowledge of any such phone call & keep billing you. :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone from ntl CS on the board can help you. :)

wise words, ill write the letter tonight :)

thx again.