PDA

View Full Version : DVD for Duffers

fireman328
18-01-2004, 21:57
I got a DVD burner as a present for Xmas, SONY DRX-510ULK. Could someone please point me to a site which is a "DVD for DUFFERS" as the lady who bought it now wishes to see a video taken by me, at a large function we attended, with my digital video camera.
Software is NERO 6.
Please help ! Relationship at risk ! :confused:

Sipowicz
18-01-2004, 22:03
I got a DVD burner as a present for Xmas, SONY DRX-510ULK. Could someone please point me to a site which is a "DVD for DUFFERS" as the lady who bought it now wishes to see a video taken by me, at a large function we attended, with my digital video camera.
Software is NERO 6.
Please help ! Relationship at risk ! :confused:

Try www.DVDRhelp.com

Ramrod
18-01-2004, 22:33
Good thread title! :)

homealone
18-01-2004, 23:03
Have to start by saying I havn't got a digital video camera.;)

- however, afaik, the hard bit of doing what you want to do is getting the video file transferred into the pc in a format nero will be happy to burn as a dvd.

A colleague at work wanted to do a similar thing - his options on the camera were firewire or composite, he couldn't do either because his pc didn't have a firewire interface or a capture card.

Once you have the file transferred & compatible (check the Nero help file) - Nero wizard should lead you through the actual burning process - make sure you choose a disc format compatible with your friends player.:)

deadite66
18-01-2004, 23:10
firewire pci cards a quite cheap

homealone
18-01-2004, 23:30
firewire pci cards a quite cheap

firewire for fireman328 ;):D

fireman328
18-01-2004, 23:45
Thanks everyone, I am still reading DVDR help. I must admit I wouldn't know a CODEC from a KOJACK (gives age away) but I will plod on and if it becomes too taxing I shall have to go for a lie down in a darkened room.

nighthawk
19-01-2004, 09:29
If you are looking for an easy point & click system there are a few options out there.

Nerovision 2.0 (Requires you to Purchase a DVD codec to make DVD's, But will convert any media type to DVD (including Divx, XVID, AVI, MPEG etc...))

WinDVD Creator

Sonic MYDVD

Pinnacle

Adobe Premier

All of these options allow you to make animated menus, add sound, create chapters etc.... If you buy a firewire card they will also take a direct feed from it & make a DVD.

If you need some help give me a shout.

dr wadd
19-01-2004, 11:26
Thanks everyone, I am still reading DVDR help. I must admit I wouldn't know a CODEC from a KOJACK (gives age away) but I will plod on and if it becomes too taxing I shall have to go for a lie down in a darkened room.

Ah, but in that case you should be able to tell your KOJACK from your KOLCHACK and KODIAK :D