PDA

View Full Version : Gold plated Scart - 2 into 1

TigaSefi
18-01-2004, 16:09
I have 2 Scarts at the back of the telly one taken up by Sky Digibox and the other is shared between the dvd and gamecube which both got gold plated SCARTS leads for the best results however I am looking into gold plated two into one leads so the telly automatically picks which ever one is on as they both won't be on at the same time. Anyone got any ideas where one might be gotten from ? I tried one from Argos but the quality was very bad. Thanks in advance.

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/56/display.html

EDIT: Something like above ? That looks decent to me for a good price.

Popeye
18-01-2004, 16:50
I have 2 Scarts at the back of the telly one taken up by Sky Digibox and the other is shared between the dvd and gamecube which both got gold plated SCARTS leads for the best results however I am looking into gold plated two into one leads so the telly automatically picks which ever one is on as they both won't be on at the same time. Anyone got any ideas where one might be gotten from ? I tried one from Argos but the quality was very bad. Thanks in advance.

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/56/display.html

you can buy 'em in asda for £9.99

although I subequently bought a two into one for £3.50 from some big indian/pakistani warehouse in Bristol - can't remember the name of the place - but it is fairly well known there - the two into one does not have a switch like the three into one - but I have not tried it yet so don't know if it automatically picks up whats being used as you want

TigaSefi
18-01-2004, 17:18
Can anyone explain how gold plated banana plugs actually work ? do they go into the bits where the wires normally go in the back of the speaker ? the speakers at the front are screw ones and the one at the back are "clips" where u press down on the red/black tabs and just slide in enough wire for it to clip on.

paulyoung666
18-01-2004, 17:54
banana plugs match upto banana posts if that is any use , iirc they used to be more of a high end solution and i am not sure if they are used much now , prepares to be corrected , try maplin (www.maplin.co.uk ) :)

TigaSefi
18-01-2004, 21:09
they seem to be sold for an extraordinary high price so I have held off buying any till i get some idea whether my speakers/AMPS are suitable for it :D

Proppinupthebar
18-01-2004, 21:15

Can you not plug the DVD scart into the second scart socket on the Sky Box, or is it used by your video? The DVD would still do the auto switching using that scart on the Sky box.

TigaSefi
18-01-2004, 21:36
The vcr goes into the sky box :) heheh I think TV's needs 4 scarts now as standard.
My dad Loewe TV got 3 and that just fine :)