PDA

View Full Version : Norton again

Mal
16-01-2004, 20:39
I don't know if this is the right place for it, it involves an antivirus program.

I use Norton Internet Security 2004 and it may just me being thick, but I was just wondering if this had happened to anybody else.

A few minutes ago, was using Firebird to browse this site and the antivirus began a manual scan. Now the thing is that I did not start the scan, there were no scans scheduled and there were buttons on show that I could have pressed by accident.

It started on its OWN! Cue some spooky music :)

Nothing major, I was just wondering if this had happened to someone else.

darkangel
16-01-2004, 20:58
I don't know if this is the right place for it, it involves an antivirus program.

I use Norton Internet Security 2004 and it may just me being thick, but I was just wondering if this had happened to anybody else.

A few minutes ago, was using Firebird to browse this site and the antivirus began a manual scan. Now the thing is that I did not start the scan, there were no scans scheduled and there were buttons on show that I could have pressed by accident.

It started on its OWN! Cue some spooky music :)

Nothing major, I was just wondering if this had happened to someone else.do you mean a full system scan, r u 100% sure that there is no scheduled check as norton has one set by default?

Mal
16-01-2004, 21:21
It was a full system scan, with nothing scheduled. I know if right click over a file, there's an option to scan the file, but I was in firebird at the time and it doesn't have the option.

Like I said nothing major, it was just strange.