PDA

View Full Version : burger king going atkins ?

kronas
16-01-2004, 04:51
burger king, has become the first major chain, to serve burgers without buns, the craze has started to spread, with other more local restaurants/chains also opting to go bunless and replace it, with just the meat and salad.

source ABCnews

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Living/ap20040114_2013.html

so its come down to this, the corporate companies are now vying for a position in the latest public fad that is the atkins diet, i suppose it could be healthy but for some reason i just dont follow it all, all you need is a balanced diet, i look at it and think this diet is a potential disaster for some people's health..............

Xaccers
16-01-2004, 05:11
Repeat after me:
"The atkins diet teaches balance. It does not teach long term denial of carbs. The atkins diet teaches balance. It does not teach long term denial of carbs. I will read the book before mentioning atkins again. I will read the book before mentioning atkins again"

:D

Even the article refers to it correctly as a "low carb" rather than no carb diet.

Anyway, why don't they just use atkins bread for their buns?

Popeye
16-01-2004, 08:55
belly buster at the local cafe:

3 sausages
3 eggs
4 Bacon
2 black pudding
5 hash browns
4 toast
2 fried bead
beans
tomatoes
1 huge mug tea/coffee

£6

just thought I would mention it

paulyoung666
16-01-2004, 09:13
how the hell do you eat em without getting all messed up :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sonygeezer
16-01-2004, 09:34
There is so much sawdust in Burger King burgers, you don't need the bun anyway.

paulyoung666
16-01-2004, 10:48
There is so much sawdust in Burger King burgers, you don't need the bun anyway.

:confused: , so you are saying that there is sawdust in the buns as well :confused:

Popeye
16-01-2004, 10:54
:confused: , so you are saying that there is sawdust in the buns as well :confused:

from the taste of the 'whopper meal'
I had the other day i would say so yeah

paulyoung666
16-01-2004, 11:03
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :( , i prefer bk to mc'd :)

Ramrod
16-01-2004, 11:47
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :( , i prefer bk to mc'd :)
so do I (when I sin :D )

Atomic22
16-01-2004, 19:12
so i presume the next step at bk will be just selling you 2 bun-halves and salad with no burger for the veggie brigade?

dr wadd
16-01-2004, 19:41

Have you tried Atikins suitable bread? If you haven`t, give it a go and you can see why it would be preferable to have no bread at all. The stuff I`ve tried isn`t too bad, but I certainly wouldn`t want a burger bun out of it.

I tried doing the Atkins diet for a while last year, and while it seemed to work I found it incredibly boring. Before I was on it I used to love stuff from Burger King (I know, someone shoot me :) ), but afterwards it took me a long while to get used to eating Whoppers again. Maybe it is a personal thing, but I wonder how much of a market they would get from people on Atkins in the first place.

Ramrod
16-01-2004, 19:50
We have always been able to buy burgers from McD's without the bun, you just had to ask....a few people did it when I worked there.

paulyoung666
16-01-2004, 19:53
We have always been able to buy burgers from McD's without the bun, you just had to ask....a few people did it when I worked there.

but surely the ' experience ' wont be the same , i mean who would walk down the highstreet with just the burger in their hand :confused: :confused: :confused:
never mind the mayo and other **** dribbling all down their shirt front :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maggy
16-01-2004, 20:38
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just eat a balanced diet.A little meat,fish,chicken,carbohydrates,very,very little fat,1 pint semi skimmed or skimmed milk or equivilant,five fruit or veg EVERY day.Avoid refined sugars(and refined foods) and eat as much fibre as you can stand.Drink loads of water.
Those on a vegetarian diet will have of course eat other forms of protein like pulses,cheese(not too much)quorn and so forth(sorry I'm an omnivore) and though I like beans I can't eat too many of them).

You just have to be realistic.If it tastes too good then you will eat too much of it so cut it down.

I personally couldn't stick to the atkins diet 'cos I get very bad heartburn if I eat too much fatty stuff. :sick:

If you do have a vice(mine's chocolate)then have it but be very,very firm and only have it as part of the diet and limit it to last thing at night.

You know it's a pity us fatties can't go cold turkey like smokers do.

Ramrod
16-01-2004, 21:46
but surely the ' experience ' wont be the same , i mean who would walk down the highstreet with just the burger in their hand :confused: :confused: :confused:
never mind the mayo and other **** dribbling all down their shirt front :eek: :eek: :eek:
They usually sat in the McD's with the pattie in a polystyrene burger container eating it with a knife and fork :disturbd:

kronas
17-01-2004, 01:26
Repeat after me:
"The atkins diet teaches balance. It does not teach long term denial of carbs. The atkins diet teaches balance. It does not teach long term denial of carbs. I will read the book before mentioning atkins again. I will read the book before mentioning atkins again"

Even the article refers to it correctly as a "low carb" rather than no carb diet.

it specifically tells you to eat fatty foods such as a fry up regularly.....

i would go in to it, but its such a useless diet that will harm people, ill just provide links

first link, provides information on 2 cases one of a person who lost pounds, but also had a blocked major artery during the diet

also a 16 year drops dead while on the diet, although that case is not clear, its being blamed on atkins

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3541399&p1=0

second link

The Atkins Diet is great for those that love the thought of a fry-up every morning. Bacon, eggs, sausage †¦ fried, baked, grilled †¦ it doesnââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t matter †“ they are all recommended on this diet. Cheese, butter and cream are also very low or no carb products and they are also recommended on this diet. But what do all of these things have in common? They are all high in saturated fat.

http://www.betterhealthusa.com/public/250.cfm

:rolleyes:

carlingman
17-01-2004, 01:38
it specifically tells you to eat fatty foods such as a fry up regularly.....

i would go in to it, but its such a useless diet that will harm people, ill just provide links

first link, provides information on 2 cases one of a person who lost pounds, but also had a blocked major artery during the diet

also a 16 year drops dead while on the diet, although that case is not clear, its being blamed on atkins

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3541399&p1=0

second link

The Atkins Diet is great for those that love the thought of a fry-up every morning. Bacon, eggs, sausage †¦ fried, baked, grilled †¦ it doesnââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t matter †“ they are all recommended on this diet. Cheese, butter and cream are also very low or no carb products and they are also recommended on this diet. But what do all of these things have in common? They are all high in saturated fat.

http://www.betterhealthusa.com/public/250.cfm

:rolleyes:

I would suggest you do exactly as you state and read a bit more about it.

Wow 2 cases of problems I am sure if you search with any diet they are a lot more problems than that.

As someone mentioned before it is not about eating all that high fat food regularly but teaching the body to reduce and slowly re introduce carbs.

For those that are interested tune your tv to BBC2 Horizon next Thursday at 9pm.

kronas
17-01-2004, 01:45
I would suggest you do exactly as you state and read a bit more about it.

i have done, i still find it something that is harmful

Wow 2 cases of problems I am sure if you search with any diet they are a lot more problems than that.

they were just examples........

i dont see you or anyone else, backing up claims that it is positive for human health.

As someone mentioned before it is not about eating all that high fat food regularly but teaching the body to reduce and slowly re introduce carbs.

your affectively, starving the body of essential nutrients and vitamins, ketosis is the word im looking for which if wrongly contained can lead to ill health and even body tissue breakdown :eek:

Maggy
17-01-2004, 15:21
The problem is everyone is looking for the magic diet,the quick fix it diet.
Well after a lifetime of dieting I can tell you it don't exist.

I know and millions of others know that the only way to diet is to reduce your bluddy intake whilst eating a balanced diet.

You cut nothing out you just cut it down.To fill up you add extra veg but that's all you need to really change.

Cutting essentials like protein,carbohydrates,fats,veg,fruit will probably cause an imbalance because you may end up not eating those elements which are vital to your health like calcium,vitamins and certain very vital minerals.

I can remember my mother 40 years ago making herself ill on a banana and milk diet followed(as if she had learned nothing)the egg diet.

The Atkins diet.Pah!
The Hays diet.Pah!
Someones no fat diet.Pah!
The watch my exercise video and follow my rotation diet.Pah!
The Wieght Watchers (we have devised a new diet so you can throw out the old diet we originally sold you because Hienz have taken over the company and want to sell you their new Weight Watchers meals) diet....sorry food programme.Pah!

Incog.
:Peaceman: