PDA

View Full Version : kazaa for MAC

LooeyUK
02-07-2003, 23:49
Anyone know if there is a version of Kazaa that can be run on the new iMAC's?

danielf
03-07-2003, 00:05
I don't think Kazaa runs on Macs, but there are a few others to choose from.

Chris
03-07-2003, 10:31
Kazaa doesn't run on any Mac. Most p2p apps are PC-only, in fact. The only one I can name off the top of my head that runs on a Mac under OSX is BitTorrent.

downquark1
03-07-2003, 10:40
Also Limewire

LooeyUK
03-07-2003, 17:30
If you didnt realise i did say a "verion of kazaa for the mac".

Chris
03-07-2003, 17:45
I saw what you said, but what you meant by it is now not so clear.

If by 'a version of kazaa' you meant an application called Kazaa written for the Mac platform, the answer is no, there isn't.

If on the other hand you meant 'any p2p application', using the word 'kazaa' to mean 'p2p' in the same way people say 'hoover' when they mean 'vacuum cleaner' then, as peeps have posted above, there are a couple available.

Try Limewire or BitTorrent. These are p2p applications with versions written both for Windows and Mac OS (I know there is a version of BitTorrent for OSX, not sure but Limewire may be OS9 only).

Bear in mind that these p2p apps will connect to other PCs and Macs running the same software but they will not connect to kazaa.

danielf
03-07-2003, 18:05
There are rumours of an impending mac version of Morpheus. This connects to the fasttrack network

downquark1
03-07-2003, 18:16
Originally posted by LooeyB
If you didnt realise i did say a "verion of kazaa for the mac".
:blah: There is no need for that

If you REALLY want kazaa so much perhaps you should purchase virtual PC then you can run any PC application.

But a vacuum cleaner does the same thing as a hoover, so why bother buying a hoover.