PDA

View Full Version : Merged-New customer online site launched today

Macca
15-01-2004, 12:51
New website launched today for Celtic customers. It is a free service and below is what services can access via this new website:

Check their account/bill
Upgrade or downgrade their services
Amend their personal details
Get online help for faults
Get info on FAQââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s

I know it is definetly available in Celtic, not sure if available in other regions yet. I'll try and find out more e.g. how long channel changes take etc.

Frank
15-01-2004, 12:53
Thanks for posting Macca.

You got a URL?

Neil
15-01-2004, 12:53
Nice one Macca. :tu:

I'll make the this a 'sticky' thread. :)

Macca
15-01-2004, 13:09
Nice one Macca. :tu:

I'll make the this a 'sticky' thread. :)

www.myntlhome.com

asdf
15-01-2004, 13:11
Is this replacing community.ntl.com?

If so, the page is a lot better designed than the last one, if a little XPish. Whoever did the last one needs shooting.

stamp92
15-01-2004, 13:20
it works for me and im in south wales region :)

at last ntl have got their finger out and done something abt providing online billing.
its abt time
just a shame im moving completely from them to bt very shortly.
would have been nice 2 have access to these things years ago

Derek
15-01-2004, 13:28
Any changes should be actioned within 24 hours (within working hours)

Macca
15-01-2004, 13:31

If so, the page is a lot better designed than the last one, if a little XPish. Whoever did the last one needs shooting.

I haven't heard anything but I wouldn't have thought so as community has not been about for very long.

swoop101
15-01-2004, 13:38
Typical, site lets me register, send me e-mail, lets me activate then tells me 'cannot find account' :rolleyes:

Maybe later :rofl:

Pointman
15-01-2004, 14:10
Typical, site lets me register, send me e-mail, lets me activate then tells me 'cannot find account' :rolleyes:

Maybe later :rofl:

It is only meant to work in the Celtic regions, Glasgow, Belfast, South Wales.

Pointman
15-01-2004, 14:11

This site has no connection with community.

Frank
15-01-2004, 14:29
No, this site appears to have no connection with the rest of ntlhome at all and to be just for Celtic customers. I doubt this was done in house because it's not even hosted by ntl, which is quite amusing and leads me to believe that the Celtic Business Unit paid lots of customer money to an expensive agency to do it :) An ntl site that ntl, an ISP, don't actually host :D

I'd be interested to hear how exactly customers can do all these secure transactions when the site is hosted in a Rackspace datacenter.

DrAwesome
15-01-2004, 14:45
Would anyone care to advise ntl customer(s) forum members weather they should use this web site (give account information) in the light that NTL dont actually host this site?

Popeye
15-01-2004, 14:49
that site seems to be having problems

it is 'under maintenance' at the moment

asdf
15-01-2004, 15:56
Pointman, are ntl going to roll this out to other areas or will it be a Celtic only thing? If so, surely that defeats the whole "harmony" project by creating ANOTHER thing that divides up who can and can't get something!

Pointman
15-01-2004, 16:06
Honest answer is that, I've no idea.
It is a Celtic Regional initiative and I know of no other region who has similar plans (although I didn't know about the Celtic one till it was almost there).
As it happens I live in Celtic and took part in the trial (as a triallist for a change) but I have not heard of anything similar in development in the Central Team.

Re the other questions about hosting etc...I have no idea...again it was not a Central Internet programme.

I will draw this thread to the attention of the people in Celtic who should know.

Macca
15-01-2004, 16:10
Pointman, are ntl going to roll this out to other areas or will it be a Celtic only thing? If so, surely that defeats the whole "harmony" project by creating ANOTHER thing that divides up who can and can't get something!

It is being rolled out in Celtic and if successful then it may be rolled out nationally, which is kinda normal practise when something new is introduced. The site is secure and customers can rest assured that their details are safe.

Pointman
15-01-2004, 16:13
It is being rolled out in Celtic and if successful then it may be rolled out nationally, which is kinda normal practise when something new is introduced. The site is secure and customers can rest assured that their details are safe.

Who said that?
The local programme team have'nt said so.

Macca
15-01-2004, 16:37
Who said that?
The local programme team have'nt said so.

Have spoken to the people who advised that it was being launched. I did say that it "may" be launched elsewhere.

Shaun
15-01-2004, 16:56
:LOL:

SORRY! We are carrying out routine maintenance on this website.

This site is currently under maintenance, but will be available shortly. We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Please check back periodically to experience the exciting new world of myntlhome.com

Macca
15-01-2004, 16:59
:LOL:

It's only available in Glasgow, Belfast, Swansea & Cardiff.

Shaun
15-01-2004, 17:07
It's only available in Glasgow, Belfast, Swansea & Cardiff.

I'm not even with Ntl, but the link should still work, shouldn't it?? :rofl:

Bill Payer
15-01-2004, 17:47
:LOL:SORRY! We are carrying out routine maintenance on this website.

This site is currently under maintenance, but will be available shortly. We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Please check back periodically to experience the exciting new world of myntlhome.com

I'm getting the same message from Cardiff!

icanadvise
15-01-2004, 18:42

Wasn't the Community site done by Frank Whitestone?
(Answer is yes)

Frank
15-01-2004, 20:11
Haha this just get's better and better. The old "left arm, right arm" springs to mind.

The site is secure and customers can rest assured that their details are safe.Not really, as enterprise systems have backend database servers that are behind multiple firewalls and a DMZ and do not even have public IP addresses. For this site to communicate with ntl's backend systems from an external network must either require some massive hole in a firewall somewhere, or some kina of manual updating of ntl's in house systems from messages generated via myntlhome.com.

Shaun
15-01-2004, 20:19
Wasn't the Community site done by Frank Whitestone?
(Answer is yes)

But was it finished when it was forced live (answer is no :p )

Paul
15-01-2004, 22:23
Haha this just get's better and better. The old "left arm, right arm" springs to mind.

Not really, as enterprise systems have backend database servers that are behind multiple firewalls and a DMZ and do not even have public IP addresses. For this site to communicate with ntl's backend systems from an external network must either require some massive hole in a firewall somewhere, or some kina of manual updating of ntl's in house systems from messages generated via myntlhome.com.

It could quite easily have a dedicated private link from NTL to the host - it could also have a secure VPN over the public network.

Stuart
15-01-2004, 22:39
New website launched today for Celtic customers. It is a free service and below is what services can access via this new website:

Check their account/bill
Upgrade or downgrade their services
Amend their personal details
Get online help for faults
Get info on FAQââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s

I know it is definetly available in Celtic, not sure if available in other regions yet. I'll try and find out more e.g. how long channel changes take etc.

Whois search of internic.net

Domain Name: MYNTLHOME.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS2.RACKSPACE.COM
Name Server: NS.RACKSPACE.COM
Updated Date: 06-nov-2003
Creation Date: 26-aug-2003
Expiration Date: 26-aug-2004

So, no owner details for the site. I would have thought NTL would register the site and host it themselves.

Maybe I am being cynical, but I smell a scam

Frank
15-01-2004, 23:03
So, no owner details for the site. I would have thought NTL would register the site and host it themselves.

Maybe I am being cynical, but I smell a scam

Registrant:
NTL Internet Ltd (NXEKRMNYJD)
Dunleavy Drive
Cardiff, CF11 0WW
UK
Domain Name: MYNTLHOME.COM
Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
NTL (PXWXVVURFO) hostmaster@ntl.com
NTL House
Dunleavy Drive
Cardiff, Wales CF11 0WW
UK
+44 (0)29 20305932 fax: +44 (0)29 20305236
Record expires on 26-Aug-2004.
Record created on 26-Aug-2003.
Database last updated on 15-Jan-2004 18:02:16 EST.
Domain servers in listed order:
NS.RACKSPACE.COM 207.235.16.2
NS2.RACKSPACE.COM 207.71.44.121

Kneebs
15-01-2004, 23:09
seems to be down completely now....

Stuart
15-01-2004, 23:10
<snip>

Opps.. :dunce: Must learn to use the whois util on the Mac properly..

Paul
15-01-2004, 23:30
I wonder why they only registered it for one year.

Fingy
16-01-2004, 09:35
afaik this isn't meant to be out for about a month, it was sent round some associates yesterday to try registering and to have a look etc, but there were bugs found. I think someone has jumped the gun a little with giving out the url.

gary_580
16-01-2004, 09:49
i cant even get the stie to load, says page not found. hahaha well didnt expect it to stay up long if its run by NTL!!

andygrif
16-01-2004, 10:03
Any changes should be actioned within 24 hours (within working hours)

Working hours? So about two months then :naughty:

Macca
16-01-2004, 10:15
No wonder ntl gets such a bad name when staff doubt each others words. My apologies to all the members here who have no doubt had a chuckle at the doubting between ntl staff. The site has been launched in Celtic only, there do appear to be problems and the site is, as far I as I am led to believe, secure and is run by ntl. Keyser, I do not have your knowledge of computers and the internet, so would not question anything that you have posted in that respect but I have been informed that the site is run by ntl. In future I think it would be better if ntl staff aired their doubts about one another by PM as it hardly enhanceses their own or ntl's reputation.

icanadvise
16-01-2004, 12:51
But was it finished when it was forced live (answer is no :p )
The original comment was about the design of Community, not the completeness
The design WAS finished because it was leaked months before, and barely changed when it was launched. Frank designed it.

asdf
16-01-2004, 13:22
Ahhh, if Frank designed it I better say no more, I'll get the pro-Frank mob onto me.

Shaun
16-01-2004, 14:39
The site was NOT finished when it was forced live thats why the knowledge base was empty.

The design WAS finished because it was leaked months before, and barely changed when it was launched. Frank designed it.
The design changed little due to the fact that Frank was not able to change it, he was shall we say, unavailable, to modify it greatly before they forced the site live, IIRC he wasn't even at work the day they opened it :rolleyes:

Mick
16-01-2004, 16:00

It was not completed and take note that community has nothing to do with the new celtic site launched yesterday. :)

icanadvise
16-01-2004, 17:02
The site was NOT finished when it was forced live thats why the knowledge base was empty.
I am not disagreeing - its the design the original poster referred to not the implemented site ;-)
Oh and on a side note, my first reply to you was more aimed at your attitude than anything else, "answer is yes" thats what the :P was for :rolleyes: :(

*goes off looking for that netiquette thread*
Don't make it personal no one has attaked anyone, and I did not intend to display what you personally see as an "attitude".

On the * its also worth looking in the forum rules http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/announcement.php?f=10 where it says

"Please don't get into any personal arguments with other people on the site"I am not going to :-)

Shaun
16-01-2004, 17:21
I am not disagreeing - its the design the original poster referred to not the implemented site ;-)

Don't make it personal no one has attaked anyone, and I did not intend to display what you personally see as an "attitude".

On the * its also worth looking in the forum rules http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/announcement.php?f=10 where it says

"Please don't get into any personal arguments with other people on the site"I am not going to :-)

I have actually asked Dr Plumber to remove the last two paragraphs of my post but he hasn't got around to it yet, I apologize.

But I still stand by the fact that the DESIGN (to my knowledge) and the site were not finished.

Mick
16-01-2004, 17:30
Can we please keep this to the discussion on the celtic site launched yesterday. Ta. :)

Paul
16-01-2004, 17:41
So I'm a bit lost now - is this Celtic site officially launched now or not ? If it is then it seems to be terminally broke here (or at least the url from the first few posts is).

rodd
18-01-2004, 15:46
The Celtic online site for upgrading/downgrading, account/bill checking etc is a great idea. If it becomes widespread and is expanded to cover payments, reimbursements, and the just-as-important smooth exit from ntl, even better. If programmed properly it should bypass the cock-ups and obstruction.

That is, provided it doesn't go the same way as the 'Community' cock-up, when the comprehensive review'ites put the Zeta version live and never finished it.

hansi
19-01-2004, 19:52
I logged on to this page for the first time yesterday and the figures on there bear no relation to my actual bill. Haven't got that right yet, have they? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

paulyoung666
19-01-2004, 20:19
I logged on to this page for the first time yesterday and the figures on there bear no relation to my actual bill. Haven't got that right yet, have they? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

which page :confused:

hansi
20-01-2004, 06:11
which page :confused:

this page
https://secure.myntlhome.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fhomepage.aspx

JohnM
20-01-2004, 07:43
Since when was this available!? :P

JohnM
20-01-2004, 07:49
How odd... this is hosted on Rackspace boxes... not on ntl's network at all... interesting...

JohnM
20-01-2004, 08:02
Its a great idea... but it's not as good as i'd hoped.

Seems to fail miserably trying to cope with more than one line... EG, I got;

Telephone 01415XXXXXX
VOICEMAIL
ADDITIONAL LINE
TALK 24 CALL PLAN WITH MOBILE CALL PLAN
STANDARD TELEPHONE TARIFF
ALL TELEPHONE FEATURES
STANDARD TELEPHONE TARIFF
CALL DIVERT
ADDITIONAL TELEPHONE LINE RENTAL

... which is actually describing the services on three seperate lines. Just seems like a very nice front end to a very bad billing system... or bad integration of the two.

When I see instant up/downgrades of telco/broadband/tv available online 24/7 (IE, not just a site that sends a request back to CS for something to be changed). Something which will give me full online e-bills for the past 6 months instead of a couple of totals for the current month. IE, a fully integrated manage-your-own-account system... *then* i'll be impressed..

Roll on harmony...

JohnM
20-01-2004, 08:08
Oh, and also the fact that the figures shown bear no resemblence to my actual bill.. (3 lines plus around 1000 minutes of calls, plus features.. for £21.91? I wish!)

JohnM
20-01-2004, 08:18
Oh, and if anyone is interested to know who developed this for ntl.

It was Equator, a glasgow based company (http://www.eqtr.com/)

All I can say is, could've guessed.

hansi
20-01-2004, 18:05
How odd... this is hosted on Rackspace boxes... not on ntl's network at all... interesting...
maybe that's why the info's wrong!

Graham F
20-01-2004, 18:39

This was discussed in this (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6419) thread the other day...:)

abailey152
20-01-2004, 18:48
maybe that's why the info's wrong!
Yes, and it wants you to register your NTL account details with them. As this site appears to be run from a third party, I think this would be a bit dodgy.

JohnM
20-01-2004, 21:16
This was discussed in this (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6419) thread the other day...:)

however, now that the threads have been merged, I look like an ar$e :)