PDA

View Full Version : online pay to download music soars

kronas
02-07-2003, 21:58
the continuing trend of pay to download music continues to soar according to another provider of downloadable music for a small fee listen.com estimates a 100% increase in downloads after cutting its price from 99 cents a track to 79 cents

although the rhapsody music service will not disclouse its figures but said that streaming media has increased to more then 350,000 songs per day in june

rhapsody was recently aquired by realnetworks inc makers of real one player

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=1&u=/nm/20030701/tc_nm/media_rhapsody_dc

danielf
02-07-2003, 22:01
I bet downloads would go through the roof is they reduced the price to 0 cents...

kronas
02-07-2003, 22:03
Originally posted by danielf
I bet downloads would go through the roof is they reduced the price to 0 cents...

lol we can already access those services :p ;) :D

danielf
02-07-2003, 22:06
Originally posted by kronas
lol we can already access those services :p ;) :D

I rest my case ;)

LooeyUK
02-07-2003, 22:47
i dont mind paying for music to download as long as its high quality music. dont care at all.

danielf
02-07-2003, 22:50
Originally posted by LooeyB
i dont mind paying for music to download as long as its high quality music. dont care at all.

Neither do I. I actually prefer to buy the cd, with booklet and all. The main problem is that so much music is cr*p these days.

LooeyUK
02-07-2003, 22:52
I dont think music is crap these days as in my liking there is alot what i like :) but its the price im afraid.

I would be most than happy to pay £5 - £7 for an album. Perfectly happy. I would prefer it. Youve got it, high quality, booklet, case 'n' all.

danielf
02-07-2003, 23:02
Yeah, prices will have to come down, and it would definitely help sales (see post #1).

I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if I knew I was helping some struggling artist though.

kronas
02-07-2003, 23:29
i cant believe some people will actually pay for all the drivel that is put out

*questions why certain so called 'hits' are at number one :rolleyes:

danielf
02-07-2003, 23:35
i cant believe some people will actually pay for all the drivel that is put out

*questions why certain so called 'hits' are at number one :rolleyes:

On that note, rather than buying a tele licence, I think we should be paid for owning a radio/tele...

kronas
02-07-2003, 23:38
On that note, rather than buying a tele licence, I think we should be paid for owning a radio/tele...

guess you took that the wrong way just a concern about certain so called artists being number 1 my opinion ofcourse

or is that not allowed anymore ?

danielf
02-07-2003, 23:41
guess you took that the wrong way just a concern about certain so called artists being number 1 my opinion ofcourse

or is that not allowed anymore ?

Sorry, my lack of smilies. I couldn't agee more. A lot of music (or tele) these these is such utter drivel, that we should be paid for rather pay for being subject to it. Better?:wavey:

kronas
02-07-2003, 23:44
Sorry, my lack of smilies. I couldn't agee more. A lot of music (or tele) these these is such utter drivel, that we should be paid for rather pay for being subject to it. Better?:wavey:

better :D

yeah your right dont watch much tv hardly anything on worth watching usally the media circus shows such as the tonight show with good 'ol trever mcdonald springs to mind :rolleyes:

danielf
03-07-2003, 00:25
better :D

yeah your right dont watch much tv hardly anything on worth watching usally the media circus shows such as the tonight show with good 'ol trever mcdonald springs to mind :rolleyes:

'reality' tv :sick:

kronas
03-07-2003, 00:29
'reality' tv :sick:

ditto big brother was ok ish watched it rarely though last and this series sucks imo

danielf
03-07-2003, 00:43
The c4 documentary about the bloke with his fake reality show was quite funny (and sad, both for the bloke and the contestants who gave up their jobs and all) though.

Martin
03-07-2003, 00:43
I would use a pay site if it had literally everything anyone could want and it was reasonable. But with Kazza its so simple.;)

kronas
03-07-2003, 00:44
Originally posted by Martin
I would use a pay site if it had literally everything anyone could want and it was reasonable. But with Kazza its so simple.;)

i bought my first album because i could listen to all of the songs for free to sample them and i did buy 'hers' :p

Martin
03-07-2003, 00:49
Avril Lavigne I might have known.;) Thats the thing now, with Kazza being free and simple who'd want to change.

danielf
03-07-2003, 00:56
i bought my first album because i could listen to all of the songs for free to sample them and i did buy 'hers' :p

Yes, try before you buy is good. In Holland, most cd shops will have a set of cd players under the counter. You can get a number of cases from the shop, and say "can I listen to these please?". You'll have your own controls (forward, backward, next, previous), and it's perfectly ok (usually) to listen to 5 cds and buy one (or none).