PDA

View Full Version : recommended update for windows 2000 and xp

kronas
14-01-2004, 19:20
flaws the software giant announced include a vulnerability in the Microsoft Data Access Component software in Windows 2000 and XP, along with Microsoft's SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003. The flaw could allow an attacker to take over a vulnerable system--only after successfully disguising the attacking computer as an SQL server. Because of the complexity of the attack, Microsoft graded the flaw as "important," not critical.

http://rss.com.com/2100-7355-5140509.html?tag=cd_top

source:Download Failed (1)

Steve H
14-01-2004, 19:22
All of my computers automaticaly downloaded the update just as I clicked on this post :D

Thanks for the heads up.

kronas
14-01-2004, 19:27
All of my computers automaticaly downloaded the update just as I clicked on this post :D

:rofl:

Thanks for the heads up.

no problem, i like to bring security stuff to the forum, that is noteworthy and quick :D

Neil
14-01-2004, 19:44
:rofl:

no problem, i like to bring security stuff to the forum, that is noteworthy and quick :D

Not to mention copied & pasted from someome else's copyrighted material! :angel: :D

kronas
14-01-2004, 19:55
Not to mention copied & pasted from someome else's copyrighted material! :angel: :D

yeh yeh, im not well neil, but i take heed to your warning, added logo for credit to CNET ;)

Stuartbe
15-01-2004, 07:41
flaws the software giant announced include a vulnerability in the Microsoft Data Access Component software in Windows 2000 and XP, along with Microsoft's SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003. The flaw could allow an attacker to take over a vulnerable system--only after successfully disguising the attacking computer as an SQL server. Because of the complexity of the attack, Microsoft graded the flaw as "important," not critical.

http://rss.com.com/2100-7355-5140509.html?tag=cd_top

source:Download Failed (1)

Nice one Kronas..........

I think I will try and make time to write a guide for autoupdating on windows via windows update so people can stay up to speed with any patches that are released.

Enterian
15-01-2004, 08:43
Nice one Kronas..........

I think I will try and make time to write a guide for autoupdating on windows via windows update so people can stay up to speed with any patches that are released.
Autoupdate is the thing to do - especially if you're on BB. I generally find I get a patch the day before someone tells me about it! :p