PDA

View Full Version : ntl and Virgin problems

Escapee
09-01-2004, 16:14
Feel free to move this to another section if you wish.

I heard today something that I must say is only a "rumour"

The recent problems for ntl freedom dial-up customers that lasted about 2 weeks also affected Virgin-net customers. (I know this to be true)

I was told today that Virgin have threatened legal action against ntl because they have failed to meet their SLA's. I must point out that this was only a rumour as I dont want to get this site into any trouble, but I would like to say that this source of information has usually been spot on in the past.

The ntl network guys were saying that nothing has changed, they are still under great pressure with no cash to sort their network shortcomings out.

Still never mind the networks, give the directors a few million more instead. :rolleyes:

th'engineer
09-01-2004, 16:19
Lets just hope it does not have an effect on Tesco.net now that could be interesting and AOL broadband

Escapee
09-01-2004, 16:30
Lets just hope it does not have an effect on Tesco.net now that could be interesting and AOL broadband

Seriously ntl provides the POP, servers and infrastructure for Virgin-net at the moment.

I wasn't sure if you were serious or taking the p**s th'engineer, does Tescos rely on ntl as well then?

th'engineer
09-01-2004, 16:32
YES tesco .net managed by NTL

Escapee
09-01-2004, 16:34
YES tesco .net managed by NTL

I guess their customers had problems as well then.

Perhaps someone from ntl in a suitable position will pop in and confirm or deny these rumours. :rolleyes:

Sociable
09-01-2004, 16:37
When I saw the title of the thread I thought this was late news about the problems NTL had with the management nativity play as they couldn't find three wise men, let alone a virgin. :naughty:

th'engineer
09-01-2004, 16:40
When I saw the title of the thread I thought this was late news about the problems NTL had with the management nativity play as they couldn't find three wise men, let alone a virgin. :naughty:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Escapee
09-01-2004, 16:40

I think they have many wise monkies of the "See no evil, hear no evil" variety at the top.

luci5
10-01-2004, 18:08
My alternative ISP is virgin net and I was able to connect to it no problem when I was finding it impossible to connect to ntl freedom.

Escapee
10-01-2004, 18:59
My alternative ISP is virgin net and I was able to connect to it no problem when I was finding it impossible to connect to ntl freedom.

Perhaps it didn't affect the whole country then?

I know of 2, one is a friend living not far away from me, and the other one that I work with lives near Swindon. Both of these were having problems the same time as I was, and the problem was sorted the same day that my ntl freedom started working again.

I wonder if Virgin will renew their contract with ntl. :)

JohnM
10-01-2004, 19:13
virgin.net is part-owned by ntl... so I would think they will renew ;)