PDA

View Full Version : typical

das316
08-01-2004, 18:00
Get home tonight 2 letters from NTL open one Last months bill open other this months bill Grand total owing a staggering £35 for my BB walk into room were my computer is open Outlook and nothing!!!!!

Look at modem and the swines have disconected me modem cable light flashing fast turn modem of for 30min turn it back on same thing happens now been waiting since 17:30 for someone to answer blooming phone

(Im at work before anyone says anything lol)

threadbare
08-01-2004, 18:10
hi and :welcome: to nthw

hope you waiting for the right ppl to answer the phone

customer services for all billing issues 0800 052 2000

paulyoung666
08-01-2004, 18:15
Get home tonight 2 letters from NTL open one Last months bill open other this months bill Grand total owing a staggering £35 for my BB walk into room were my computer is open Outlook and nothing!!!!!

Look at modem and the swines have disconected me modem cable light flashing fast turn modem of for 30min turn it back on same thing happens now been waiting since 17:30 for someone to answer blooming phone

**** happens i am afraid , dont pay the bill , dont get the service , have you been away ?????????? , if you have then maybe you could use that against them , otherwise you are stuffed :(
maybe dd would be better for you :)

danielf
08-01-2004, 18:37
**** happens i am afraid , dont pay the bill , dont get the service , have you been away ?????????? , if you have then maybe you could use that against them , otherwise you are stuffed :(
maybe dd would be better for you :)

I think it is a bit excessive. Why not send a reminder which needs to be paid before a certain date and cut someone off when they don't make that date? It's happened to me in the past that I thought I paid a bill, but hadn't. Got a reminder, paid that, end of story... :shrug:

Russ
08-01-2004, 18:45

A tip: don't call from work, it makes things a LOT easier if you are in front of the PC because the techs are limited in what they can do if you don't have the machine in front of you..

Sociable
08-01-2004, 18:48
I think it is a bit excessive. Why not send a reminder which needs to be paid before a certain date and cut someone off when they don't make that date? It's happened to me in the past that I thought I paid a bill, but hadn't. Got a reminder, paid that, end of story... :shrug:

The short answer is that 90% of the population would not pay the bill till they got the red one just as always used to happen LOL

Not to mention the additional costs involved which would have to be recovered from guess who?

Sorry but each of us is grown up enough to keep track of a few bills I'm sure and if not DD provides a nice easy way round the problem and you even save some money too I seem to recall.

Shaun
08-01-2004, 18:50
I guess its just a simple case of ringing CS and paying with a card, how long does it take for the modem to get a "hit" and come back alive?

trebor
08-01-2004, 18:51
get a better isp and service, it's easy to find one.
well lets face it, it would be hard to find one that cared less. ;)

danielf
08-01-2004, 18:59
The short answer is that 90% of the population would not pay the bill till they got the red one just as always used to happen LOL

Not to mention the additional costs involved which would have to be recovered from guess who?

I pay most of my bills through DD, but if a company were to cut me off for missing one payment, I'd be on the phone to the competition straight away. That's loss of revenue as welll.

Sociable
08-01-2004, 19:12
I pay most of my bills through DD, but if a company were to cut me off for missing one payment, I'd be on the phone to the competition straight away. That's loss of revenue as welll.

Fair point danielf.

I'm simply pointing out that when one chooses not to use DD then one accepts that you are then subject to whatever terms and conditions then apply.

AKAIK the same payment requirements will apply at most if not all alternative suppliers with some maybe applying even stricter time limits for payment or not allowing any account other than DD at all.

threadbare
08-01-2004, 19:12
i am curious das316 did both bills arrive at the same time?

Derek
08-01-2004, 20:11
I guess its just a simple case of ringing CS and paying with a card, how long does it take for the modem to get a "hit" and come back alive?

About 2 minutes normally.

threadbare
08-01-2004, 20:24
About 2 minutes normally.if it is a sacm acc then it actually takes 24 hours

Shaun
08-01-2004, 20:30
My last three bills were erratic to say the least, so it is completely possible that they both turned up at the same time, in which case it's yet another Ntl mess up :(

danielf
08-01-2004, 23:23
Fair point danielf.

I'm simply pointing out that when one chooses not to use DD then one accepts that you are then subject to whatever terms and conditions then apply.

AKAIK the same payment requirements will apply at most if not all alternative suppliers with some maybe applying even stricter time limits for payment or not allowing any account other than DD at all.

I'm not arguing there, obviously you're right. I'm just saying that companies should show a little leniency when there is a possibility that people made an honest mistake (or when, as Dellwear pointed out, the company may have messed up themselves).

Do NTL charge a reconnection fee when they disconnect BB for non-payment?

Edit: Das316? Did you receive last month's bill earlier and failed to pay it (for whatever reason), or was this the first time you received that bill?

das316
09-01-2004, 13:14
Sorted by a very nice lass on the other end of the phone modem was back on at 12:30 just intime for bed...lol Even she was shocked that it had been suspended.

And as for the "dont pay your bills what do you expect" If 2 bills arrive the same day one was for £10 the other for £24.99 (not exactly a fortune NOT even 2 months worth cause I was IN CREDIT at the begining of december)

Both bills arrived at the same time as to pay by DD not trusting NTL to do that again they constanty messed it up no payment goes out then 3 in one month for the wrong amounts.

And yes I always pay my bill admitadly its at the end of the month when I get payed but all my bills get payed then

Shaun
09-01-2004, 15:56
Sorted by a very nice lass on the other end of the phone modem was back on at 12:30 just intime for bed...lol Even she was shocked that it had been suspended.

And as for the "dont pay your bills what do you expect" If 2 bills arrive the same day one was for £10 the other for £24.99 (not exactly a fortune NOT even 2 months worth cause I was IN CREDIT at the begining of december)

Both bills arrived at the same time as to pay by DD not trusting NTL to do that again they constanty messed it up no payment goes out then 3 in one month for the wrong amounts.

And yes I always pay my bill admitadly its at the end of the month when I get payed but all my bills get payed then

Glad you got it sorted, I hope you gave them a real rocket for suspending you, as you only received the bills that day.

As for the not paying your bills comments, I'd just ignore them. Glad you posed back though, nice to see what finally happens to peoples problems, I hope you stick around for the party ;) :wavey: