PDA

View Full Version : Quality of cable?

Jon_
07-01-2004, 11:18
Hi, im in middle of geting haned on all the bits atm, i just want to make sure i get everything right. Im planing on spliting my ntl cable so i can view the anolog chanels on my pc's tv card, the splitter should be sorted, im now wondering

a) are there different grades of cable out there
b) what grade of cable would i need
c) are the f-sockets and f socket to coax adpater from maplins of a good enough standard not to cause interference to my self and other cable users in my area?

the pc is less than a meter away from my cable, so cant see cable lengh being a issue.

Many thanks

Jon

SMHarman
07-01-2004, 11:44
Yes - you need to get sat or cable quality cable, not aerial quality. It has better screening, solid foil wrapped, not copper mesh screening.

You can get it from Maplin. Cable length as you say is not likely to be an issue that will cause signal drop to your box.

paulyoung666
07-01-2004, 11:49
either that or if the box has analogue pass thru you could do it that way :)

asdf
07-01-2004, 12:48
Be warned that the quality isn't great, but then again they never are on tv cards :/

ntltech32
07-01-2004, 20:26
Hi, im in middle of geting haned on all the bits atm, i just want to make sure i get everything right. Im planing on spliting my ntl cable so i can view the anolog chanels on my pc's tv card, the splitter should be sorted, im now wondering

a) are there different grades of cable out there
b) what grade of cable would i need
c) are the f-sockets and f socket to coax adpater from maplins of a good enough standard not to cause interference to my self and other cable users in my area?

the pc is less than a meter away from my cable, so cant see cable lengh being a issue.

Many thanks

Jon

erm if you want a ready made 2 meter fly lead (ntl spec) with crimped on RG6 f's and a screw in male f cable ill pop one free of charge in the post to you, pm me your address details.

do you also require a twin data/tv isolator?

Jon_
07-01-2004, 21:13
PM sent, cheers saves me having to get the soldering iron out :)

Cheers

Jon