PDA

View Full Version : Fsk *grumble*

Jerrek
07-01-2004, 04:16
Its a good night to die. We've had nice moderate weather over Christmas, with day temperatures near 0. Winds were calm. No precipitation for most part.

Come today, my first day at work, and I wake up: -13 Celsius. Tonight I got in the car to come home. It was cold alright. Then I realized I need to fill up. The screen in the car read: -18 Celsius. So, there I am, pumping 80 liters of gas with snow blowing, visibility reduced, and it is just cold.

I ain't one to complain about cold, but damn...

(notice the feels like field?)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~johannj/net_stuff/cold.jpg

swoop101
07-01-2004, 06:03
Must remember not to moan when it is chilly in the morning. :D
-22 bloody ell :eek: :eek: :eek:

homealone
07-01-2004, 09:12
I've had to spend quite a lot of time in cold stores at -25°C & that is cold enough in still air. You don't notice at first, because there is still warm air inside your clothing, but without adequate insulation it doesn't take long for the cold to penetrate - in a wind it happens even quicker.

Bifta
07-01-2004, 09:43
I recall being in Canada, gazing out of the kitchen window at the thermometer and noticing it was -45 degrees, now THAT was cold, the dog refused point blank to go out in it.

Julian
07-01-2004, 09:53
I recall being in Canada, gazing out of the kitchen window at the thermometer and noticing it was -45 degrees, now THAT was cold, the dog refused point blank to go out in it.

* Pictures dog frozen to lamp post with leg cocked. :D

homealone
07-01-2004, 10:03

brrr - the dog was right, I reckon, - yes that was cold. It's the little things that you don't think of which surprise you the most, like having to use a pencil to write with, because the ink freezes in any kind of pen!

Jerrek
09-01-2004, 01:36
-30 tonight, -42 with the windchill.

Iqaluit:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~johannj/net_stuff/cold2.jpg

Winter is finally here.

Marge
09-01-2004, 01:39
* Pictures dog frozen to lamp post with leg cocked. :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: