PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated! Advice needed

KerryH
04-01-2004, 12:30
is anyone else out there experiencing difficulties (hoho) with their TV service today?
We had the outage on Friday evening on a few channels which corrected itself, but today we have absolutely no service. It's as dead as anything. We've rebooted, but the box has not come back, either

Have tried to phone the lovely helpdesk and - shock of shocks - the "Help" desk is only open Monday to Saturday! How useful is that?! Totally shocking.

So, 2 points, really: 1) is anyone else having probs or has my trusty box died on its arse
and
2) How long ago did the joke helpdesk change their hours? (Admittedly, I haven't called them at the weekend in ages because the wait makes me lose the will to live.)

If anyone could advise, I would at least feel less frustrated

swoop101
04-01-2004, 12:40
Welcome to NTHW :tu:

I have had the same thing in the not too distant past.
I also could not report to faults and I find this TOTALY unacceptable.
Make sure you lodge a complaint tomorrow.
With any luck it will be an area fault and will be sorted quickly. Check to see if neighbours are out as well.
Other than that there is little anyone can do.
What area are you in by the way?

Sorry could not help more.

Mick
04-01-2004, 12:43
Have tried to phone the lovely helpdesk and - shock of shocks - the "Help" desk is only open Monday to Saturday! How useful is that?! Totally shocking.

So, 2 points, really: 1) is anyone else having probs or has my trusty box died on its arse
and
2) How long ago did the joke helpdesk change their hours? (Admittedly, I haven't called them at the weekend in ages because the wait makes me lose the will to live.)

If anyone could advise, I would at least feel less frustrated

Firstly welcome to the site Kerry. :wavey:

1) Everything is fine this end.

2) Ntl decided back in September/October last year to not have customer services open on a Sunday, due to lack of demand apparently.

Have to wait until tomorrow now unfortunately, to report this call faults on 0800 052 2000.

br3ach
04-01-2004, 12:52
I totally agree that not opening on a Sunday is a stupid idea....

How can people be expected to go 24hours without a service that, lets face it, isnt life threatening but needed by most people these days.

Shocking in my opinion ...

KerryH
04-01-2004, 12:56
Thanks to both of you for your replies... I guess it could be a box fault.
Wierd.
I'm in South London, btw, should have mentioned that!
If service is not back tomorrow I shall definitely call them. I've already despatched an email flamer to Customer Services, but in my experience they just ignore them. Perhaps it's just me, teehee.
Thanks again - I guess I have to go find something to do now rather than park in front of the tv! Bummer, as I've a rotten cold and fancied an afternoon curled up watching b&w movies on TCM

KerryH
04-01-2004, 13:02
sorry, being a bit thick and hogging this, today, but I wonder if any of you have seen Er11 messgae on your box after reboot?

All day, today, there has been no return path light on the box and, after reboot, the box just says nlt (nice that even the box can't spell!) and keeps flashing up Er11, which we presume means that the info is not downloading properly...)

Anyway, I am off to bug the neighbours to see whether they have a problem rather than bugging you nice people.
Thanks again

spiderplant
04-01-2004, 13:27
Kerry: The box is saying 'NIT', which means it is trying (but failing) to receive the Network Information Table. The NIT tells it which frequency each channel in on. It's probably a fault with your box, but it's worth checking with the neighbours all the same.

By the way, the problem on Friday night was a network fault which has been resolved.