PDA

View Full Version : BT's Assistance With Your Connection ?

joe2cool
03-01-2004, 13:51
Hi! never had any problems before but needed to ring BT's 151 & ask them to increase the line gain & volume to aid my internet connectivity of which they said they would.

Initially everything seemed back to normal but after a few days . the sluggish internet service appeared again.

Tried a couple of ISP's & the same happens. So still think its the line.

Just wondered if anyone else had dealt with BT over a similar matter / Is there anything Else I should ask them to do ?

Appreciate any help

Thx !!

Sociable
03-01-2004, 15:09
Sorry I can't be any direct help with the BT side of things as I havn't used BT for years, but I would suggest that it may not just be the line which is causing the problems.

A number of other factors will influence the speed of your browsing like the presence of spyware and other junk on your PC. In view of this it may be worth while giving us some info on your system so that we can check out those aspects as well and maybe recommend a few tips n tricks that may also help improve matters even when the line itself is perfect.

I'm sure someone will post soon with the BT info you need but till then try running programs like adaware and see if that helps short term.

themelon
03-01-2004, 16:29
Sadly enough in my experience BT really wont give a damn. They might consider helping if you use BT Broadband (at cost) but at a cost. If you use another ISP they frankly dont care how crap your connection is.

With my crackly noisey line they fed me with all this BS about BT having no legally binding reason for provision of service for data services above 14400kbs, and that their is no specification for quality of telephone line.

Good Luck!!

wobbs
03-01-2004, 19:22
Sadly enough in my experience BT really wont give a damn. They might consider helping if you use BT Broadband (at cost) but at a cost. If you use another ISP they frankly dont care how crap your connection is.

With my crackly noisey line they fed me with all this BS about BT having no legally binding reason for provision of service for data services above 14400kbs, and that their is no specification for quality of telephone line.

Good Luck!!

question

Have you got an answer phone plugged into the line I found that i had random problems ( mainly conneciton speed ) when my answer phone was plugged in

have you checked the connections back to the master socket ( check the crone connections in the sockedt ( push the side of an old credit card into each crone block connection in the back of the telephone socket if you dont have a crone tool )

I have had them re alter the gain after asking them to alter it in the past - maybe give them another call and ask what it is set at

joe2cool
04-01-2004, 06:50
Hi & thx all...........yes Iam clear of spyware use spybot etc ............been back in touch & increased gain again

'have you checked the connections back to the master socket ( check the crone connections in the sockedt ( push the side of an old credit card into each crone block connection in the back of the telephone socket if you dont have a crone tool )'

Sorry I' am not sure how to do this check .....

Thx again everyone