PDA

View Full Version : How to show your local town in the best possible light

Theodoric
02-01-2004, 17:16
I came across the London Borough of Bromley Council forum by chance recently, and following on from a thread claiming that Bromley was becoming a rather rough place, someone posted:

Hello all who wander here...I'm an american moving to Bromley at the end of June ( my husband is English). We recently took on a flat south of Bromley Station down Westmoreland Road. From what he's told me the area is very green and lovely and seems fairly decent. The only thing I know about Bromley is my "punk" history.
Is it really all that bad?

Someone then posted this mind-boggling reply:

No, Bromley isn't bad....I have lived near Westmoreland Road for 25 years and hardly ever have any trouble with yobs. Occasionally a drunken mob will come through the road but it's rare. Having travelled extensively round the south of England, I can think of far worse places to live.

I can just see him now, turning to his wife and saying, "Nothing serious, dear, just another one of those occasional drunken mobs passing by."

paulyoung666
02-01-2004, 18:09
have you got a link to the site my mate , it looks as though it could be quite interesting :)

Ramrod
02-01-2004, 18:13
I can just see him now, turning to his wife and saying, "Nothing serious, dear, just another one of those occasional drunken mobs passing by."rotfpmsl :D

Theodoric
02-01-2004, 19:18
have you got a link to the site my mate , it looks as though it could be quite interesting :)
Er, Bromley, interesting? I would hate to disillusion you, but here is the site (http://www.aboutbromley.com/portal/bb/). The thread referred to is "It's not a very lively site" in the General Forum.