PDA

View Full Version : 1014 Error and good NTL response.

Peter
01-07-2003, 14:03
For the 6-8 few weeks our digital has been encountering loss of sound and picture for seconds at a time, sometimes extending to minutes or more.

We also encountered lockups and once we attempted to reboot the STB it would take half a day to come back. (We had the updating box screen)

This finally came to a head yesterday so I phoned NTL around 6-7pm and got straight through. The person on the other end was polite and knew of the symptoms and what work needed to be done. He scheduled an engineer to visit the next day (today) between 8-12. The engineer arrived at 9 and left by 10:30.

As well as replacing the STB the engineer did some maintenance on the brown box outside.

I have to say that this was superb service from NTL and the engineer was prompt, polite and left no mess. :)

I hope this isn't a one-off case!

ntlrebel
01-07-2003, 14:10
Hi Peter:wavey: and thanks for the post. It does at least show that some people can get the job done. We need to get this type of service to all customers from all employees and not just the ' Hope I get to speak to someone tidy ' when you have to contact us.:p

iasonas
01-07-2003, 14:43
I have pretty much the same problem as you. I've only noticed it recently but phoned them up yesterday evening. An engineer will be visiting me later today so I'll see how it goes.

If I didn't have Wimbledon interactive then I'd be well unhappy... stop-start at important points!

The woman on the phone said it was probably the signal strength... which is very confusing because it only happened recently.

And the only other time I've called them was about one week after I had it all connected and broadband wouldn't work because the box died. The engineer was round within two hours (!) that Friday night and had it fixed.

The only bad experience was with a sales person... but I rang back and spoke to somebody else a week or so afterwards and she wasn't as pushy. I had a mind to tell the first bloke but thought better of it.

iasonas
01-07-2003, 16:43
You'd think I worked for the company!

He phoned up and asked whether he could come round early -- lucky I was off work -- and he decided that it was the box. He swapped it and it seems to work fine now. Even he was surprised how bad the "freezing" was. It's something to do with my '4000' box...

*fingers crossed*

ntlrebel
01-07-2003, 16:46
Another satisfied customer.:p

ignite
01-07-2003, 23:12
There are some good service people out there. One of the guys in the office I work at is ex CWC. He joined in the days of Nynex and then left before NTL took over Cable and Wireless. The training that was in place was great, and things got done. However, since then, many corners have been cut. However, the staff still seem to have that good attitude about them in this area (Wessex), and get things done.

Some of the other areas though don;t have the same level of care about the job they do, and seem to let the side down. It is such a shame that these are the people you hear about, and not the good people.

Chris
02-07-2003, 11:33
This is great, lets have some more 'ntl heaven' stories on here. I'm the first to jump up and down when ntl mess things up but it's nice to have a sense of balance. :)

kchatterway
05-07-2003, 14:56
Have had cable for 7 years now and have mostly been very satisfied with the service.I did have to wait a month for a new remote control having been sent 3 which didnot work in my area and the very long waiting times to get a reply from the call centres seems to have subsided.Last week i rang for help with a PC problem on a local number and although the advisor reminded me that i should use the 0906 number(50p per minute) for dial up they stayed online and talked me through the fault for 35 minutes.A saving of more than 17 pounds!Lets give credit where it's due!