PDA

View Full Version : Wish List for 2004

Graham F
30-12-2003, 19:57
What would you like to see ntl introduce/improve on in 2004?

I would like to see them sort out the interactive for all digital customers and would love to see them get the wait time for tech support down by employing more staff!!

What I don't want to see and I fear will happen is...
Price increase on 600k and 1meg Broadband services, the increase in price on TV packages and customer services and tech supports wait times going up!!

Maggy
30-12-2003, 20:06

I would like to see them sort out the interactive for all digital customers and would love to see them get the wait time for tech support down by employing more staff!!

Price increase on 600k and 1meg Broadband services, the increase in price on TV packages and customer services and tech supports wait times going up!!

SHHHHHH!!!! DON'T GIVE THEM THE WRONG IDEAS!

Incog.;)

Hell Fighter
31-12-2003, 03:41

Remember that as of December 1st Sky increased their prices to all customers subscribing to their premium channels, so it is likely ntl will follow suit and increase their prices to match Sky's within the next 12 months.

sav_c
31-12-2003, 05:03
It would be soooo nice if they sorted out the channel ordering!

Also, an introduction of a PVR would be nice, along with interactive that works.

I fear that maybe a step too far!

kronas
31-12-2003, 07:15
i would like to see a 2mbit tier at a reasonable price and no comments about the cap etc i want the 2meg service :angel:

etccarmageddon
31-12-2003, 08:38
I'd like to see a 4mb service in 2004.

kronas
31-12-2003, 08:48
I'd like to see a 4mb service in 2004.

a 2mbit service would be pushing it........ 4mbit???????

Florence
31-12-2003, 09:01
I would like to see better communication between company and customers, also faster speeds so we will not fall further behind. If we stay as we are our internet will be outdated by the year 2005 to the rest of the world. This is a sad image for a country that was a world leader.

I would also like to see NTL management made to show more respect to staff as this has a knock on effect the staff are shown no respect then the staff don't show the customers respect. When it all boils down if the management are not able to do these easy tasks they should leave the job to those who can.

2003 has shown NTL as a bad company for the workers where they are treated not as a human but a number this is disrespectful. Also if a member of staff has a management problem it should be looked at with open mind and if the proof is there then the manager needs to be reprimanded not covered up and protected.. This is very bad for moral and can only make the company less attractive to the better qualified workers.

Please make a resolution to resolve these issues within the company and all can benefit from a better year in 2004 itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s never too late to change.
Sorry for the long post happy new year everyone

Edited in to add some members of staff have been really great and deserve a medal for working under the conditions they do. Some show respect regardless of how they are treated and to all those I say a big thank you.

poolking
31-12-2003, 11:09
Stop signing up new customers
Stop advertising

Spend the money on getting the infrastructure right for existing customers.

steved
31-12-2003, 11:15
I would like to see them improve customer services.. its not hard.. its not 'rocket science' (to use the cliches!)

From my recent experience in getting my phone fixed..

IF CS/Faults have arranged from an engineer to attend a customer and he's delayed/cancelling then Contact the customer and let them know! dont expect your customer to have to call and wait for 55mins in a call queue to find out

Steved

etccarmageddon
31-12-2003, 11:25
a 2mbit service would be pushing it........ 4mbit???????

I disagree, 2mb is well overdue, therefore in order to regain the tehnlogical lead, a 4mb service should be offered during 2004.

kronas
31-12-2003, 11:28
I disagree, 2mb is well overdue, therefore in order to regain the tehnlogical lead, a 4mb service should be offered during 2004.

the network would not be able to sustain those speeds i think 2mbit would be pushing the network........

but hey if we get 4mbit im not complaining :smokin:

th'engineer
31-12-2003, 11:31
:D samsung box launch in the NW to customers,lets see if all the hype about how wonderfull it is.

Is true or not

etccarmageddon
31-12-2003, 11:35
the network would not be able to sustain those speeds i think 2mbit would be pushing the network........

but hey if we get 4mbit im not complaining :smokin:

I find this logic hard to believe - if the network couldnt handle it then they wouldnt be so agressively marketing to new customers and taking on 1,000s each week.

I think it's just an excuse - the real reason is they think they dont need to be at the technological leading edge anymore.

expect in 2004 the 1mb tier to be phased out and all current 1mb customers automatically downgraded to 600k!

:D

kronas
31-12-2003, 11:43
I find this logic hard to believe - if the network couldnt handle it then they wouldnt be so agressively marketing to new customers and taking on 1,000s each week.

why do people go on about poor pings or poor speeds :rolleyes:

I think it's just an excuse - the real reason is they think they dont need to be at the technological leading edge anymore.

i think they call it a monopoly :rolleyes:

expect in 2004 the 1mb tier to be phased out and all current 1mb customers automatically downgraded to 600k!

:D

well then expect me to leave :p :D

etccarmageddon
31-12-2003, 11:48
why do people go on about poor pings or poor speeds :rolleyes:

taking on too many new customers without a matching consideration for infrastructure investment?

bad fault management?

poorly motivated staff?

lack of staff?

poorly designed network?

kronas
31-12-2003, 12:13
taking on too many new customers without a matching consideration for infrastructure investment?

bad fault management?

poorly motivated staff?

lack of staff?

poorly designed network?

i dont know what to say im truely shocked at your acusations there i mean NTL are very competent at the above situations

would you like to hold the line sir ? :p

th'engineer
31-12-2003, 13:37
More ADSL suppliers droping prices to be all cheaper than NTL, NTL ADSL service cheaper than cable modem:rofl:

rockin_plumber
31-12-2003, 13:44
I wish they would change that goddam awful hold music so when I have to keep phoning about dropped connection I dont have to listen to it. :mad:

I think they should have a hold music menu for you to choose the music when you ring up :erm: