PDA

View Full Version : PS2 and PC online at same time

Ramsay2k
30-12-2003, 17:49
I have an ntl cable modem at 600k with a usb and ethernet ports on the back of it. I use the usb for my pc and use the ethernet port for my ps2 however I cant use both at the same time. If I'm online on my pc and switch on my ps2 to go online it says it cant make a connection to the internet, if I'm using my ps2 online and try to go online on my pc it doesnt work. I have to unplug the port I'm using and plug in the other device and restart my modem.

Does anyone know how I can use my pc and ps2 online at the same time?? (without using a router or hub or other device)
I also have a network setup between this computer and another next door, I dont kno if this will affect anything. Thanks

smicer07
30-12-2003, 18:44
I've got 2 ethernet cards in my PC. One is attached to the broadband connection, the other to the ps2. I used ICS in Windows to connect both at the same time.

grindkid25
15-01-2004, 22:18
why bother having both on....theres really no point.....ur only gonna be concentrating on one of them anyway......i use live and a direct connection and i just swap the cable over each time i want to play the other one wich takes like 15 seconds and no connection problems ever occur