peachey
30-12-2003, 11:54
how does the honours system equate with Blair's classless society

eg - calling some people silly things like lords and 'sir' and so on

it's like having a 'ghia' version of a human

the rest of us being, presumably, ecomnomy models

eddie00001
30-12-2003, 12:04
I think its a load of crap the the whole England rugby squad are getting honours for winning the world cup. Ok, its was good that the won, but it hardly deserves an honour for doing what they went out there for and are paid to do.

Russ
30-12-2003, 12:07
I think its a load of crap the the whole England rugby squad are getting honours for winning the world cup. Ok, its was good that the won, but it hardly deserves an honour for doing what they went out there for and are paid to do.

I'll agree with that - I can understand people being impressed with the rugby team but when you hear of some old lollypop lady who's being doing it for about 50 years in all weathers, you can't really compare them.

I'm all for the honours system for those who do tireless works for charity but for services to music, film, football etc - it means nothing to me.

eddie00001
30-12-2003, 12:14
The honours system should be for people who done work for their community, country or world in general and who've not been paid for it or have gone above and beyond what is expected of them.

aliferste
30-12-2003, 20:05
Yes....its all total rubbish!!

Once MORE i will probably get passed by AGAIN !!!!

eddie00001
30-12-2003, 20:23
I wonder if I can get an honour for doing my job. Actors, Footballers, Rugby players, Singers who get paid lots to do their job get them, so I think I should :D