PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] The Dream Thread

DrAwesome
29-12-2003, 23:01
Do you dream?

do you have weird dreams?
funny dreams?
super hero dreams?
have you every dreamt in black & white or do you dream in colour, widescreen with stereo, dolby digital sound?

has anyone had dreams of out of body experiances?

when you have had a dream do you know what the dream means, can you remember it fully?

I know this sounds corny but have you ever followed your dreams?

have you ever day dreamed?

had any happy or sad dreams?

has anyone got any good dream stories that have/havent come true?

Mal
29-12-2003, 23:03
I know I've had dreams that seemed so real, that when I've woken up I've been a bit confused as to where I was. Freaky.

Theodoric
29-12-2003, 23:07
I know I've had dreams that seemed so real, that when I've woken up I've been a bit confused as to where I was. Freaky.
Sounds possibly like hypnogogic or hypnopompic dreams, the one's where you really think that you are awake, but are completely paralysed. They can be quite disturbing. I had the occasional one years ago, but fortunately not recently.

homealone
29-12-2003, 23:08

I've had dreams where I have something - & wake up & find myself still reaching for it - don't laugh (oh alright;)) - a balloon.

Gaz

Ramrod
29-12-2003, 23:10
rotflmao.....After completing a mammoth session of Jedi Knight I dreamt I was a jedi . Now that was a cool dream!:D .
Let me tell you....that was the best dream ever :D Muhahahahah!
*ahem* .....I'll get me coat:blush:

Xaccers
29-12-2003, 23:10
I have dreams in colour.

My favourite dreams involve aliens (you know, H R Giger's)

I've not managed to fly in my dreams, closest I've got is really long hops while being chased by a T-Rex

I have quite a few diving dreams though which are very relaxing.

DrAwesome
29-12-2003, 23:12
I've had dreams where I have something - & wake up & find myself still reaching for it - don't laugh (oh alright;)) - a balloon.

Gaz

I had a similar dream i was reaching for the staff of life.

it was a loaf of bread

Ramrod
29-12-2003, 23:13
My favourite dreams involve aliens (you know, H R Giger's) Arn't those called nightmares? :erm:

I've not managed to fly in my dreams, closest I've got is really long hops while being chased by a T-Rex I used to have lots of those when I was a kid! Minus the T-Rex though! (dunno what was chasing me)

I almost forgot.....I used to have lots where I was at school in my pyjamas....anyone else?

Mal
29-12-2003, 23:15
My favourite dreams involve aliens (you know, H R Giger's)
:eek: You mean the sort of alien that Ripley met or what Elliot met? :)

Ramrod
29-12-2003, 23:15
it was a loaf of breadShould have been a pint of pilsner! :D

Ramrod
29-12-2003, 23:16
:eek: You mean the sort of alien that Ripley met or what Elliot met? :)
Like I said: nightmare! :eek:

btw....night all....I'm off to bed....pleasant dreams all! :disturbd:

Dave Stones
29-12-2003, 23:19
H R Giger

you are seriosuly disturbed if you like those dreams...:erm: i still cant watch alien without the light on :blush:

Xaccers
29-12-2003, 23:32
you are seriosuly disturbed if you like those dreams...:erm: i still cant watch alien without the light on :blush:

I watched alien when I was 5, but then I'd always been brought up knowing that what goes on in films isn't real so I wasn't scared by it.

Anyway, running around with an M42a pulse rifle shooting things is fun :)

Back when ITV did the telethons, I had a really bad case of the flu, and kept being delirious.
I remember waking up on the loo, with my sister at the door asking if I was ok, and all I could do was point at the pile of towels in the corner and mumble (I was convinced I'd pledge £1 million and the towels wanted to collect it)

I had a dream I died once.
Not your run of the mill death either, no, I was killed by an atom bomb going off.
That was an interesting dream, especially the "afterlife"

Paul
29-12-2003, 23:37
<pedantic mode> Everyone has dreams, it's just that some people don't remember having them </pedantic mode> :D

I must admit I can't remember most of mine atm (and one of those I do is X rated !). I do know they are all in colour - do some people really dream in B&W ?

DrAwesome
29-12-2003, 23:41
do some people really dream in B&W ?

couldnt say about people

but it is said dogs dream in B&W
cats dream in colour

Mal
29-12-2003, 23:43
cats dream in colour
How do they know?

Xaccers
29-12-2003, 23:44
couldnt say about people

cats dream in colour

How do they know?

Do dogs just have b&w receptors in their eyes?

Nikko
29-12-2003, 23:48
B & W dreams are monotonous :)

dieselking
30-12-2003, 00:12
Most of my dreams are very strange. Sometimes I really wish I couldnââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t remember what I dream because theyââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢re so weird & I canââ‚Âà ‚¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…“t help but wonder where the hell they have come from

EDIT.............This might seem like a very strange question but does anyone fall asleep but still feel like they are still awake but canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t move
(No, donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t send me to the nutters house. I just wonder if this happen to anyone else

Paul
30-12-2003, 01:10
(No, donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t send me to the nutters house. I just wonder if this happen to anyone else
No need, the're coming to take you away .... :walk:

dieselking
30-12-2003, 01:15
No need, the're coming to take you away .... :walk:

They probably are

Wished I'd never asked this question now I knew everyone would think i was a bloody nutter :( :( :( :(

ZrByte
30-12-2003, 01:17
EDIT.............This might seem like a very strange question but does anyone fall asleep but still feel like they are still awake but canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t move

Its called waking sleep Paralysis. Basicly parts of your brain (Motor Control etc) are powered down, this is because during REM sleep your body can move rapily (Not just your eyes) obviously you could do damage to your self if you started poking yourself in the eye or gnawing on your leg while your asleep, this mechanism is designed to stop you hurting yourself.
If your sleep gets interupted you wake up but this 'Power down' occasionally doesnt wake up with you, wich is why you can move your eyes and most of your face but you cant feel/move the rest of your body (Some people can still bareley move but it feels like you have several extremeley Heavy people lying on you).

Ironicly the opposite to this condition is sleep walking, when your brain is missing this mechanism (or it is intermittant).

I remember talking about this on here (Or was it .com??) about 6 months ago, since then Ive done a little research into this as I suffer from waking sleep paralysis myself. Its normally caused by stress or anxiety.
Last time I suffered from it was when I worked in JJB sports 3 years ago, I hated the job and It used to make me feel physicly ill before each day I had to go in. 4 weeks on the Run every friday Night I had this, this was after about 6 months there and it subsided shortly after though fortunatley about 5 months later I finally got a better Job and havent suffered from it since ( I still get really Nervous and on edge whenever I go into a branch of JJB to this day :eek: )

As for dreams I can remember...

When I was about 7 I saw the aliens movie, I always used to watch it at my uncles and I never got to see the end until I was about 9, until I got to see the end the Aliens used to terrify me, as a psychological defence I created an imaginary protector and oddly enough I chose Predator (You know, the big Crab looking alien with dreadlocks) whenever I couldnt sleep I immagined he was in my room to protect me and in my nightmares he would always save me (Odd choice for a hero eh?? ), even wierder though after seeing the end of the movie (Just as scary as the rest of the film, evenmoreso with the Queen) but that ended the nightmares :shrug: .

I have also had the Jumping really high dream, was fun hopping along the rooftops of the houses near where I live.

Steve H
30-12-2003, 01:18
I ad a dodgy dream about getting married to about 6 differen tpeople the other night .. kept wakin up stil in the drream, and then fallin back asleep again.. very werid, and very vivid

dieselking
30-12-2003, 01:20
:) Its called waking sleep Paralysis. Basicly parts of your brain (Motor Control etc) are powered down, this is because during REM sleep your body can move rapily (Not just your eyes) obviously you could do damage to your self if you started poking yourself in the eye or gnawing on your leg while your asleep, this mechanism is designed to stop you hurting yourself.
If your sleep gets interupted you wake up but this 'Power down' occasionally doesnt wake up with you, wich is why you can move your eyes and most of your face but you cant feel/move the rest of your body (Some people can still bareley move but it feels like you have several extremeley Heavy people lying on you).

Ironicly the opposite to this condition is sleep walking, when your brain is missing this mechanism (or it is intermittant).

I remember talking about this on here (Or was it .com??) about 6 months ago, since then Ive done a little research into this as I suffer from waking sleep paralysis myself. Its normally caused by stress or anxiety.
Last time I suffered from it was when I worked in JJB sports 3 years ago, I hated the job and It used to make me feel physicly ill before each day I had to go in. 4 weeks on the Run every friday Night I had this, this was after about 6 months there and it subsided shortly after though fortunatley about 5 months later I finally got a better Job and havent suffered from it since ( I still get really Nervous and on edge whenever I go into a branch of JJB to this day :eek: )

As for dreams I can remember...

When I was about 7 I saw the aliens movie, I always used to watch it at my uncles and I never got to see the end until I was about 9, until I got to see the end the Aliens used to terrify me, as a psychological defence I created an imaginary protector and oddly enough I chose Predator (You know, the big Crab looking alien with dreadlocks) whenever I couldnt sleep I immagined he was in my room to protect me and in my nightmares he would always save me (Odd choice for a hero eh?? ), even wierder though after seeing the end of the movie (Just as scary as the rest of the film, evenmoreso with the Queen) but that ended the nightmares :shrug: .

I have also had the Jumping really high dream, was fun hopping along the rooftops of the houses near where I live.

Thank u!! So I'm not a nutter :)

ZrByte
30-12-2003, 01:22
Thank u!! So I'm not a nutter :)

I didnt say that ;) :p but at least if you are a nutter you have company ;) at least 1/2 of the population suffer from it at one time even if they dont remember.

Paul K
30-12-2003, 01:24
I have dreams... hang on what rating is this forum? :walk:

Bifta
30-12-2003, 01:25
Do you dream?

funny dreams?
super hero dreams?
have you every dreamt in black & white or do you dream in colour, widescreen with stereo, dolby digital sound?

when you have had a dream do you know what the dream means, can you remember it fully?

None of the above but I experience a hell of a lot of deja vu, to the extent that I know where certain things are in places during my first visit.

Graham
30-12-2003, 01:25
does anyone fall asleep but still feel like they are still awake but canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t move

Its called waking sleep Paralysis.

I remember talking about this on here (Or was it .com??) about 6 months ago,

It may well have been on here, IIRC I mentioned that I'd had the "alien abduction" experience (awake, unable to move, sense of "presence" in the room, although not the "alien", "grey ghost" or "night hag" vision)

As to the question at the top of the thread:

"What do you see when you turn out the lights?"

"I can't tell you, but I know that it's mine"

- The Beatles: A little help from my friends.

Actually it's more a case of "not going to tell you" what goes on in *my* dreams!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

danielf
30-12-2003, 01:27
I don't usually remember my dreams, but I used to have a recurrent nightmare as a kid (age 6 or so). The nightmare was very colourful, and changing colours was part of the scare. I can still remember the nightmare, but these days, I fail to see why it was scary.

dieselking
30-12-2003, 01:41
I didnt say that ;) :p but at least if you are a nutter you have company ;) at least 1/2 of the population suffer from it at one time even if they dont remember.

LOL Cheers Zrbyte but probably everyone on here now thinks I am a head case & belongs in the funny farmââ‚ ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦ÃƒÆ ’¢â‚¬Ã⠀šÃ‚¦LOL :blush: :blush: :bigcry: :knock:

ZrByte
30-12-2003, 01:45
LOL Cheers Zrbyte but probably everyone on here now thinks I am a head case & belongs in the funny farmââ‚ ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦ÃƒÆ ’¢â‚¬Ã⠀šÃ‚¦LOL :blush: :blush: :bigcry: :knock:

Statisticly half the people on here must be crazy for the same reasons so take comfort in that ;) :D
Including me :spin:

kronas
30-12-2003, 04:05
i dont have many dreams which are bad ones although i have had a few disturbing ones in the past

although i get a reoccuring dream ofsorts about a young lady who i fancy and failed to 'woo' over even though i dont think about her much :shrug:

and before anyone asks yes i have dreamt about avril twice and no they were not x-rated

Jerrek
30-12-2003, 04:21
I very rarely dream.

DrAwesome
30-12-2003, 08:35
I wonder how many people when they dream have a dream that follows on from the first and so on, a developing continuation dream?

ZrByte
30-12-2003, 08:48
I very rarely dream.

Everyone Dreams wether they know it or not, If you dont Dream you start to become extremeley paranoid and Can even Die apparently :eek: (Dreaming is a critical component of REM sleep). Its just since your longterm memory centers of your Brain are not needed you will forget most dreams within the first few seconds of waking up, some peoples Longterm memory starts quicker than others and these are the people who are more likeley to remember their dreams.

I wonder how many people when they dream have a dream that follows on from the first and so on, a developing continuation dream?

I have but never all at once, Just randomly another installment of a dream I have been having for the last 3 years crops up. And there was another Continuous Dream I used to have since I was about 10 wich still Occasionally pops up every now and then. (No, I dont mean repeat dreams, they are always different, like watching an episode of your favorite Soap, same Charectors/setting different situation.).

etccarmageddon
30-12-2003, 08:55
.....When I was about 7 I saw the aliens movie, I always used to watch it at my uncles and I never got to see the end until I was about 9, until I got to see the end the Aliens used to terrify me, as a psychological defence I created an imaginary protector and oddly enough I chose Predator (You know, the big Crab looking alien with dreadlocks) whenever I couldnt sleep I immagined he was in my room to protect me and in my nightmares he would always save me (Odd choice for a hero eh?? ), even wierder though after seeing the end of the movie (Just as scary as the rest of the film, evenmoreso with the Queen) but that ended the nightmares :shrug: .

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/

ZrByte
30-12-2003, 09:12
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/

I know :D Can't wait :D Been the one movie I have been looking forward to more than Lord of the Rings, and is one of the most Anticipated and posted about movies ont he internet for tthe last 13 years or so (Since the first time it was made into a comic).
Still think he was an odd choice for a Hero though esp since I had only seen the first movie.

First movie makes him out to be an unstopable Killing Machine (Well almost unstopable, we all know nothing can stop Arnie Schwarznegar :D )

Second movie More appropriatley shows thier more honourable side.

Theodoric
30-12-2003, 15:56
I had a similar dream i was reaching for the staff of life.

it was a loaf of bread
And if you had the same dream the next few nights, would that make it a cereal dream? :)

Theodoric
30-12-2003, 15:58
Most of my dreams are very strange. Sometimes I really wish I couldnââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t remember what I dream because theyââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢re so weird & I canââ‚Âà ‚¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…“t help but wonder where the hell they have come from

As I mentioned earlier, yes, years ago. They're called either hypnogogic or hypnopompic dreams (I can't remember which).

Bex
30-12-2003, 17:58
dreams hmm interesting topic..how honest do i want to be :erm: :LOL:

i have seriously weird dreams...two examples:
1. a friend, my dad, bro and I found a space ship and decided to go to australia in it.....there was this huge window covering the entire front of it and it was amazing seeing the views etc... and when we arrived on a beach in oz, we had nowhere to hide the space ship and so it became a giant clown shoe which si (the said freind) had to wear around all day :shrugs:

2. i had a dream that the world was a giant monopoly board :erm:

if anyone can give any insight into my dreams, then please let me know.....if it is to just say that i am crazy...read my sig :p

Atomic22
30-12-2003, 18:00
yes i dream
no i have never yet met kylie

ic14
30-12-2003, 18:10
I have had a lot of strange dreams.....

hmm let me think of a couple
once i dreamt i was in a film i saw the day before
also i once dreamt i was playing PSO and when i woke up i thought my save game was messed up (sad i know)
oh and yes ive had the normal teenage dreams lol (mmmmm keira knightly)

Bex
30-12-2003, 18:13
actually i began to realise that i was spending too long and till too late on msn messanger (this was when i was back in leeds) because i started dreaming about having convos with people through messanger....:erm:

DrAwesome
01-01-2004, 15:21
I guess that everyones dreams are tied into their imagination in some form or other.

So the bigger your imagination the better your dream?

I guess who has a bigger imagination women or men is a topic for another thread (although i think the odds will in favour of men) :)

Sociable
01-01-2004, 15:27
Often its a case of the subconscious mind doing an overnight defrag of recent or even past events the common themes being resolution of common issues.

Sometimes of course its just a bad piece of cheese before bedtime. :)

Julian
01-01-2004, 15:34
<snip>
Sometimes of course its just a bad piece of cheese before bedtime. :)

Is that what causes it? :cry:

Are any sorts worse than others I wonder - I mean the ones with a blue vein. :)

timewarrior2001
01-01-2004, 15:45
I wouldnt say my dreams have come true as such, but I have, on several occasions, dreamt that someone (not famous) has died. On waking the next day I find out that they are indeed dead and died the previous night.

ZrByte
02-01-2004, 00:00
Best cheese I have found for inducing funky dreams/nigtmares is Garlic & herb cheese swirl (also known as swirly cheese :D) tastes great and ive had some of my best dreeams after eating it.

Though ive heard cottage cheese is better, I dont like it though so I cant confirm ;)

we should do an experiment tomorrow night on here, get everybody to eat some cheese before they goto bed and post any dreams you can remember on here the following morning. might be interesting :shrug:

DrAwesome
02-01-2004, 00:10
I wonder if anyone has been told they talk while they dream?

As an experiment
If you sleep alone by choice you could try leaving a tape recorder on while you sleep, in the morning you maybe shocked what has been taped.

Sociable
02-01-2004, 00:14
My son always talked in his sleep most common phrase was "Do you want large fries with that?" but I think that may have been down to a certain employer's brainwashing during his training at the time.

Wonder if his girlfriend now gets told to reboot and have a good defrag now he is working in IT support. :)

danielf
02-01-2004, 00:46

I talk in my sleep on a regular basis :( and I tend to say weird things. What makes it worse is that I also respond to questions, so my gf can query me on my dreams. Thing is, I don't usually remember my dreams in the morning, so this can be rather embarassing :erm:

Graham
02-01-2004, 03:06

A previous girlfriend did sometimes.

She'd once picked up a Bridge program for her computer and that night whilst I was awake, she said "was it one Heart I bid?"

Deciding to humour her I responded "Yes".

To which she replied "Ok, no bid and lead the king"

The next morning she denied it utterly!! :)

Bex
02-01-2004, 20:00

As an experiment
If you sleep alone by choice you could try leaving a tape recorder on while you sleep, in the morning you maybe shocked what has been taped.

apparently i say the odd word and make strange noises.....and i was told that the only time i would ever tell my ex i loved him was when i was asleep, he would say "love ya bex" and apparently i would say it back :erm:

my sister, when she was younger and nice, sang com bi ya...in her sleep (ok canne spell it)

dilli-theclaw
02-01-2004, 20:43
Do you dream?

Yep

funny dreams?
Yep

super hero dreams?
Nope

Nope

All the time

Yep

Nope

Yep

Yep

Yep

DrAwesome
02-01-2004, 21:59
i was told that the only time i would ever tell my ex i loved him was when i was asleep, he would say "love ya bex" and apparently i would say it back :erm:

Vanity while asleep eh.. i guess he was the guy of you dreams :zzz:

Its a case of you deep subconscious saying i love me who do you love maybe you are Corpus luteum.

MadGamer
04-01-2004, 15:21
I dream... of Holly Valance. :D

Bex
04-01-2004, 15:23
Vanity while asleep eh.. i guess he was the guy of you dreams :zzz:

Its a case of you deep subconscious saying i love me who do you love maybe you are Corpus luteum.

:rofl: he most certainly was NOT the man of my dreams...it was the only time i ever told him i loved him

i've started doing this thing where i dream about soemone and then they call....

TheBlueRaja
13-05-2004, 10:21
Whats the best dream you ever had (keep it clean :D ) and the worst one? I think it would be kinda cool to hear about what other people dream about.

My best one was just before i went to New York a few years ago, i had a dream which seemed VERY real and involved a city with lots off walkways above the actual city below, the walkways were above scattered clouds, but the city itself was below them so there was a really stunning view. I would look down onto the city below seeing everything that was going on and above planes were flying over my head and banking left and right with the vapor trails behind them making cool patterns, there were people everywhere doing weird stuff and i remember just standing, feeling completely safe and comfortable, and looking around thinking WOW this is awesome!!!

My worst one is a recurring dream i used to have where i would be running through this valley to be faced by a huge valley wall on the side of a cliff, i would start to climb but as i get higher and higher the cliff starts to lean out so that im clinging on rather than climbing, eventually i start to panic and wake up. Not good - and no prizes for guessing i dont like hights. The dream itself wasnt too bad, its just the fact it was recurring that was the frustrating bit, anyone who has had them will tell you that it becomes a worry in itself after a few times.

So whats yours?

Chris
13-05-2004, 10:24
Don't remember any specific nice dreams off hand ... the only ones I remember in any detail at all are nightmares I had when I was very young indeed. I have almost no nightmares at all now tho'.

Generally, my favourite dreams are ones in which I can fly. I don't have them very often, but being able to just lift two feet off the floor at the same time and wander off ... great.

TheBlueRaja
13-05-2004, 10:27
Some examples would be nice? After all thats what the threads about.

abailey152
13-05-2004, 10:28
I can NEVER remember my dreams. Some, I know, are very vivid and "real", but a few seconds after I wake up.....they're gone! That comes from having a terrible memory :pp

BTW, I saw something on TV about dreams. People who'd been in coma's had dreamt about things which "conditioned" them to their condition when they finally came out of the coma. It also said that normal dreams happen more vividly if you go to bed with a problem on your mind. The dream is jjust the mind testing random solutions out. That's why we sometimes wake up and instantly know a solution to a problem we were working on previously. Recurring dreams happen when the mind cannot find a solution that "fits". It was very interesting.

Ramrod
13-05-2004, 11:04
Offhand, the best dream that I can remember was one that I had after watching the latest Star Wars film and playing 'Jedi Knight' for a few hours. In my dream I was a Jedi....lightsaber, force powers etc.....awesome dream :D

Nugget
13-05-2004, 11:22
Offhand, the best dream that I can remember was one that I had after watching the latest Star Wars film and playing 'Jedi Knight' for a few hours. In my dream I was a Jedi....lightsaber, force powers etc.....awesome dream :D

I've had a dream like that as well - how cool did I feel when I woke up thinking that I could actually be a Jedi? I dreamed that I was the big fight in Episode 2, where all of the Jedi are fighting the droids - absolutely tops!

Oh, and I also had a recurring dream once ;)

Halcyon
13-05-2004, 11:24
Wow.... I just love dreams. Its just so anoying when you wake up though.

I seem to not get many nightmatres thankfully, although I did on holiday and remember dreaming of being first of all inside a house with burglurs trying to get in and then as I was trying to run away, this force was making me hit walls and sway in all directions and I couldnt run or move.
It seemed so real and I ended up shouting and waking up the whole house.
That was just a bizarre nightmare.

As for dreams, dreaming about the person you love is always nice.
I've also dreamt of driving my parents car and crashing it by mistake a couple of times.

or sometimes I'l dream about something and then realise that it was something I hardly noticed originally, but it played a big part in my dream.

kink
15-05-2004, 12:32
Can't actually mention the dream in detail (have to keep it clean) but..... woke up this morning........ and..... just because you have a sexual/erotic dream about someone you know, it doesn't mean that you're attracted to them, even subconsciously, does it?

Does it?

DOES IT????? :erm:

Russ
15-05-2004, 12:33
You spoke to me just after you woke up this morning Kink..... ;)

kink
15-05-2004, 12:36
You spoke to me just after you woke up this morning Kink..... ;)
lol Well, i actually spoke to a chap at Wannadoo tech support first ;)

..... and i yawned less with him :eek: :pp

Russ
15-05-2004, 12:37
What I'm saying is that you never told ME anything about this naughty dream :cry:

kink
15-05-2004, 12:40
What I'm saying is that you never told ME anything about this naughty dream :cry:
I'd forgotten........ my mind is obviously trying to block it from my conscious memory..... but every so often i get a flashback and........

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :Yikes:

:cry:

dilli-theclaw
15-05-2004, 12:40
The best dream I ever had - HHHmmm Well it was me flying the Enterprise (that would be 'E' for the trekkors :))

The worst - well I don't think I should go into too much detail here but it was just after we lost out last child - so you can guess what it was about.

The 2nd worst was actually after I watched 'the ring' not being into horror films I thought I'd give it a go :) - never again.

kink
15-05-2004, 12:44
[Snippity snipped]........The 2nd worst was actually after I watched 'the ring' not being into horror films I thought I'd give it a go :) - never again.
Was that the original Japanese version? I can see why you had nightmares...... all i can say is that film upset me :erm:
Wasn't scared...... but that damn woman UPSET ME!!!! :cry:

dilli-theclaw
15-05-2004, 12:45
Was that the original Japanese version? I can see why you had nightmares...... all i can say is that film upset me :erm:
Wasn't scared...... but that damn woman UPSET ME!!!! :cry:
Actually being the wuss that I am it was the american one :) - But I have since seen the Japanese version :Yikes:

I've also just got the book - and am planning to read it in the day time :)

kink
15-05-2004, 12:53
Dilli.......... you ARE a wuss lol :)

but what is your opinion on this......

Can't actually mention the dream in detail (have to keep it clean) but..... woke up this morning........ and..... just because you have a sexual/erotic dream about someone you know, it doesn't mean that you're attracted to them, even subconsciously, does it?

Does it?

DOES IT????? :erm:

dilli-theclaw
15-05-2004, 12:59
Dilli.......... you ARE a wuss lol :)

but what is your opinion on this......MMMmmm - if it's subconscious then I guess you'll never know for sure.

Personally I think if you are having THAT kind of dream then there must be some kind of attraction going on - even if it's just a touch of lust (lust may be too strong a word - but you know what I mean I hope) :)

I don't know - don't ask me - I'm not the best person to ask :)

kink
15-05-2004, 13:07
MMMmmm - if it's subconscious then I guess you'll never know for sure.

Personally I think if you are having THAT kind of dream then there must be some kind of attraction going on - even if it's just a touch of lust (lust may be too strong a word - but you know what I mean I hope) :)

I don't know - don't ask me - I'm not the best person to ask :)

Are you sure i'm not just disturbed? I did have a similar sort of dream... years ago i might add........ which involved Victor Spinetti :erm: and at a later date......... Jimmy Greaves :Yikes: :cry:

I can safely say that i have never....... NOT even subconsciously..... had any sort of lustings for either of them :)

dilli-theclaw
15-05-2004, 13:17
Are you sure i'm not just disturbed? I did have a similar sort of dream... years ago i might add........ which involved Victor Spinetti :erm: and at a later date......... Jimmy Greaves :Yikes: :cry:
I would NEVER say you were disturbed ;)

I can safely say that i have never....... NOT even subconsciously..... had any sort of lustings for either of them :)
Are you SURE :D

Colin
15-05-2004, 13:37
I can never remember my dreams when i wake up, (even the naughty ones. Damn) But my Mum always reminds me of a time when i was young (i was really young okay) that she walked in on me when i was scared to get out of bed because i had dreamt that there were aligators living under my bed. For some reason, she only ever brings this up when i bring a girl home.... :erm:

Just read the post by Kink..... JIMMY GREAVES :shocked: WTF.... get some help please kink :) ;)

kink
15-05-2004, 13:40
I can never remember my dreams when i wake up, (even the naughty ones. Damn) But my Mum always reminds me of a time when i was young (i was really young okay) that she walked in on me when i was scared to get out of bed because i had dreamt that there were aligators living under my bed. For some reason, she only ever brings this up when i bring a girl home.... :erm:
Try bringing a boy home and see what she brings up then ;)

Colin
15-05-2004, 13:54
Try bringing a boy home and see what she brings up then ;)
True, i could walk in with Jimmy Gre.... ah no thats your dream isn't it!! ;) :pp

punky
15-05-2004, 14:05
The worst dream I can rememeber is this: Near me there is a really steep hill, and in my dream there was a cable car thingy, going up and down the hill. I was in the cable car going down, when all of a sudden it screeched to a halt. Then it lurched downwards once, then nothing. Then again, then it stopped. after a little while the cable car just dropped because of the wire snapping. all the cars fell, and mine was like 100'-200' up in the air. Then I was on the ground. The top half of my body was alright, but my legs were broken or in a bad way at least, because I couldn't move them. Weird thing was the guy next to me was bleeding in a bad way, and I kept trying to move to help, although I was just dragging my body along with my arms, and he was like 20' away. The dream phased out while someone was attending to me and the other guy. Weird.

The best dream I have had that didn't involve a certain activity with some perfect example of the female species, was when my younger brother had a kid. He wasn't married or anything. I don't think the mother wanted anything to do with it, because we had the baby a lot and she didnt seem to be around. I just remember holding it and cooing and stuff. You know normal uncle stuff. Felt nice.

kink
15-05-2004, 14:08
True, i could walk in with Jimmy Gre.... ah no thats your dream isn't it!! ;) :pp
Don't know about your mother......... but i'm about to bring up......my breakfast :sick:

It took months to reassure myself that dreams don't necessarily come true after that one.... and don't have to have any real grounding in how we feel..... well not in the way that we think anyway.
I've killed in dreams before....... not saying what or who :erm: ;) but it's the mind's representation of the state of mind, worries, anxieties, hope or fears through using symbolic imagery rather than a subconscious vision of what we want to do or will do :)

yes........ i have a fixed grin. hoping that people reading this will believe the tripe i've just written :D

kronas
15-05-2004, 17:27
i have reocouring dreams of the same person but in diffarent ways, even if i dont think about that person suddenly that person comes in to my dreams, some of them xxx rated but its not amsuing because it makes me depressed :(

Bex
15-05-2004, 18:12
i have the weirdest dreams....my ex flatmate used to love another installment of my dreams....we've had the world as a giant monopoly board
a bit of a "Waterworld" theme, where everyone lives on a huge boat type thing
and more recently i keep having dreams about the world being taken over by hitleresque type people.....who go around shooting people just cos, and my fella and our families running away and finding somewhere to hide out from them

I had a recurring dream when i was younger about rats everywhere, with bloodshot eyes trying to get into the house and eat me and my family
and a lassie type dog going psycho and trying to kill us

TheBlueRaja
15-05-2004, 19:05
and a lassie type dog going psycho and trying to kill us

I KNEW it... Damn you lassie, damn you :D

kink - Jimmy Greaves - Ewwwww! Intersting point though - are you SURE your not attracted to this person? Could be your sub-concious trying to tell you something. :shrug:

Maggy
15-05-2004, 19:57
I've had several dreams that culminated with blood on the walls.Not mine I add and that's as much as I'm telling.<evil grin smiley required here>

Best dreams,well one or two erotic dreams but frankly I tend only to remember bad dreams.Good ones for some reason get forgotten very quickly.Shame!

Incog:)

kink
15-05-2004, 20:11
[Snippity snipped]........

kink - Jimmy Greaves - Ewwwww! Intersting point though - are you SURE your not attracted to this person? Could be your sub-concious trying to tell you something. :shrug:
Not sure Victor Spinetti is any better :( but i suppose i should be grateful that neither of them is related to me.......... that would have made it even more EWWWWWW! ;)

As far as last night's dream is concerned, i suppose there must be some sort of attraction on a very deep level......... very deep i hasten to add :D and if it's not that deep i'm going to bury it so it is in future ;)

I've had several dreams that culminated with blood on the walls.Not mine I add and that's as much as I'm telling.<evil grin smiley required here>

..... [Snippity snipped]

Now you see... this is why i love you coggy......... i could trust you of all people to have killed in your dreams too ;)

I had one once where i was trying to force Roseanne Barr under the floor boards of my living room....... i think she was dead.......:erm:

Hi ho....... ho ho......... it's off to counselling i go............ :D

Ramrod
15-05-2004, 20:13

Does it?

DOES IT????? :erm:Ermmmm.....I think it does :D

kink
15-05-2004, 20:18
Ermmmm.....I think it does :D

Oh what do you know!!! You're a chiropractor :rofl:

Now if you were a neuropsychiatrist i might be more worried......... in lots of ways ;)

And for the record............ i do NOT fancy jimmy greaves or victor spinetti :erm:
maybe i just got confused and meant to get them under the floor boards with roseanne barr :D

MadGamer
15-05-2004, 20:28
I can't think of dream right now... will have to get back to you on that one.

Nightmare would be my Science teacher.

Ramrod
15-05-2004, 20:37
Oh what do you know!!! You're a chiropractor :rofl:

Now if you were a neuropsychiatrist i might be more worried......... in lots of ways ;)Hmmmm.....Kink, let me just check your neck....it won't hurt a bit :batty: :D

kink
15-05-2004, 20:40
Hmmmm.....Kink, let me just check your neck....it won't hurt a bit :batty: :D
Typical chiropractor.......... you just want to jump my bones don't you? :D

Anyway........ talking about nightmares..... ;)

Ramrod
15-05-2004, 21:15
Typical chiropractor.......... you just want to jump my bones don't you? :DThat is a genuinely new p*ss take....well done :nworthy: :D

Maggy
15-05-2004, 22:31
Now you see... this is why i love you coggy......... i could trust you of all people to have killed in your dreams too ;)

I had one once where i was trying to force Roseanne Barr under the floor boards of my living room....... i think she was dead.......:erm:

Hi ho....... ho ho......... it's off to counselling i go............ :D

Ah but it so much better in one's dreams because you DON'T have to obey the rules of reality,therefore you can be truly inventive and your sense of guilt takes a holiday as well.

Incog.:D

TheBlueRaja
15-05-2004, 22:43
Shivers at the thought that i actually started this thread.

Your all evil, i bet you were all members at ntHELLworld for more than 1 reason.

**runs off screaming**

kink
16-05-2004, 12:01
Ah but it so much better in one's dreams because you DON'T have to obey the rules of reality,therefore you can be truly inventive and your sense of guilt takes a holiday as well.

Incog.:D

:scratch: I'm sure i can make it a counselling appointment for two........... group therapy can work for some....... i mean, think of all the new ideas and methods we could accumulate ;)

Shivers at the thought that i actually started this thread.

Your all evil, i bet you were all members at ntHELLworld for more than 1 reason.

**runs off screaming**

:( Sorry if we helped to create a thread you weren't expecting...... but this is the Internet..... the virtual hub of the unexpected :)

And as far as a few of us being evil..........

http://www.screamingmiranda.com/Bowing.gif i THANK you!! :D

kronas
16-05-2004, 13:40
i always knew women were a strange species and men are 'normal' :D ;) :pp

kink
16-05-2004, 14:13
i always knew women were a strange species and men are 'normal' :D ;) :pp
Really? So what does this thread that you started tell us about you? ;)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=12297 and your need to get closer to a strange species? :pp

kronas
16-05-2004, 14:17
Really? So what does this thread that you started tell us about you? ;)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=12297 and your need to get closer to a strange species? :pp

yep, well we all need some loving from time to time, i can give good....:naughty: :naughty:

kink
16-05-2004, 14:27
yep, well we all need some loving from time to time, i can give good....:naughty: :naughty:
To keep on topic.............. IN YOUR DREAMS MATEY :D ;)

kronas
16-05-2004, 14:59
To keep on topic.............. IN YOUR DREAMS MATEY :D ;)

the juices tend to flow in some of my dreams :D :naughty: :D :pp