PDA

View Full Version : Laptop DVD to TV?

iadom
26-12-2003, 11:23
A question on behalf of my brother. He has a laptop ( Toshiba ) with a DVD drive. Is there a way that this can be connected to his TV to produce full screen DVD playback on the TV?

KingPhoenix
26-12-2003, 11:27
depends on the outputs on the laptop, most have a staight forward coaxial output..... but not all... Other than that a vga to scart adapter would do the job.

So the answer is yes..... just the sound would still come through the laptop, unless the vga to scart adapter also had the audio connections built into it..... :)

HTH

iadom
26-12-2003, 12:05
Thanks for that KP, will pass that info on.

Cheers.Jim.

paulyoung666
26-12-2003, 12:10
A question on behalf of my brother. He has a laptop ( Toshiba ) with a DVD drive. Is there a way that this can be connected to his TV to produce full screen DVD playback on the TV?

is there a s-video output on the laptop ????????? , if there is then there you go , there should be a way of switching between the tft and the s-video output using a fn ( function ) key , if there is s-video then there should be audio out as well , that would be so you could connect it up to a projector for example :)

iadom
26-12-2003, 12:33
is there a s-video output on the laptop ????????? , if there is then there you go , there should be a way of switching between the tft and the s-video output using a fn ( function ) key , if there is s-video then there should be audio out as well , that would be so you could connect it up to a projector for example :)Not to sure, I think he said it is a Toshiba 6000 Pro, or something similar, approx 12 months old. I will be seeing him later and will get more info. He did say it is a fairly bulky PC.

Xaccers
26-12-2003, 14:27
Maplins do various s-video/composite + headphone jack to phono leads