PDA

View Full Version : xmas pressies

Bex
25-12-2003, 12:07
ello all....ic mentioned his favourite gift in the merry xms thread, so i thought that i would start a thread about pressies

so what was your best?
what was your worst?
anything that you were surprised about?

ok my best......i don't really have one, because it's the thought that counts, but got a fantastic webcam :) and a new keyboard.......
worst...loved them :p

swoop101
25-12-2003, 12:16
Well I got 15 pairs of socks :eek: , a mini hoover for cleaning the comp and a few other bits.
Mrs swoop got a new coat, Jumper, heated rollers and the Cadbury's factory.
The mini swoops got Toys R Us

Happy Christmas everyone :tu: :D

Ramrod
25-12-2003, 12:20
From my mother.....A vegetarian Chinese food cookbook. :confused:
Nothing from everyone else. :D (I didn't want anything-and it's not bah humbug or anything like that, I'm happy with what I've got and I don't believe in buying something for the sake of it :) )

aliferste
25-12-2003, 12:24
A fly tying vice from my partner :)

Im waiting on other stuff :)

Sociable
25-12-2003, 12:35
A fly tying vice from my partner :)

Great prezzie aliferste takes me back a few years to when I last used one.

Just wondering what some of the wags here can make of the wording in the description though. :naughty:

Ramrod
25-12-2003, 12:37
Just wondering what some of the wags here can make of the wording in the description though. :naughty:It took me a few moments to work it out! :D

kink
25-12-2003, 12:45
[Snippity snipped]...

Just wondering what some of the wags here can make of the wording in the description though. :naughty:
I've been gagged for the day http://216.40.241.59/forum/showthread.php?t=5599 Download Failed (1)

And NOOOOOOOOOO i didn't ask for it from Santa ..... or anyone else ;)

homealone
25-12-2003, 12:50
Great prezzie aliferste takes me back a few years to when I last used one.

I'm not risking anything that wags near a fly tying vice:D

Sociable
25-12-2003, 12:59
I've been gagged for the day http://216.40.241.59/forum/showthread.php?t=5599 http://www.screamingmiranda.com/gag.gif

And NOOOOOOOOOO i didn't ask for it from Santa ..... or anyone else ;)

Awww poor nymph gagged and bound on the same day that's not fun. But then again............................ :naughty:

ic14
25-12-2003, 13:24
Already posted here: http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showpost.php?p=103829&postcount=10

The biggest surprise was xbox music mixer. Pretty good "game"

aliferste
25-12-2003, 13:42
I had a funny rash in the bath........my partner ran in hooping with joy as she thought i had shingles.....it meant she gets a month off work as i would be so contagious (shes a nurse)!

She was dissapointed when it just turned out to be the heat!!!

Im trying to work out whether i should be worried :eek:

dieselking
25-12-2003, 13:47
Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve got 4 music Cds & 3 teddy bears, (I collect teddy bears, I know itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s very sad for a 27 year old to admit this) LOL :)

Sociable
25-12-2003, 13:55
Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve got 4 music Cds & 3 teddy bears, (I collect teddy bears, I know itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s very sad for a 27 year old to admit this) LOL :)

Not sad at all :)

Staying in contact with your inner child will keep you young all your life. :)

Julian
25-12-2003, 14:31
This has to be the niftiest thing I have seen today out of my little boy's Domino Express - battery powered, it automatically lays the dominos out for you. :D

Ramrod
25-12-2003, 14:39
This has to be the niftiest thing I have seen today out of my little boy's Domino Express - battery powered, it automatically lays the dominos out for you. :DThats marvellous! :D

Ramrod
25-12-2003, 14:39
Staying in contact with your inner child will keep you young all your life. :)
Amen to that! :D

Dave Stones
25-12-2003, 17:40
i got money, too much chocolate and socks... all vital components for university life... :D

Russ
25-12-2003, 17:42
I had a well smart suit from my parents, all the usual smellies, tokens for Burtons, a diary, etc but the one thing that brought a tear to my eye - a "World's Greatest Dad" mug from Alyssa :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jon T
25-12-2003, 18:24
New CPU, Athlon XP 2400(to replace my Duron 700)
Extra 256MB Memory(takes me up to 512MB)
DVD-ROM(replaces my CD-ROM Drive)
Asus GeForce FX5600 128MB DDR(to replace my GeForce 2 MX400 32MB)

Two military aeroplane books,
A pair of jeans,
617 Squudron Airfix kit(Lancaster and Tornado)

...........and a bottle of Southern Comfort:beer:!

Jon

Xaccers
25-12-2003, 19:03
I didn't get Kate Moss like I asked for :cry:

Bex
25-12-2003, 19:05
I didn't get Kate Moss like I asked for :cry:

i am sure she is on her way round now hun :naughty:

i didn't get te lacoste guy i asked for, but nevermind :p

luftys
26-12-2003, 01:41
I got some great pressies from my kids,but the one that was the best was they
LOVE :angel:

bigboab5
26-12-2003, 03:00
I had a funny rash in the bath........my partner ran in hooping with joy as she thought i had shingles.....it meant she gets a month off work as i would be so contagious (shes a nurse)!

She was dissapointed when it just turned out to be the heat!!!

Im trying to work out whether i should be worried :eek:
hey Aliferste, Whit part of Glasgow are you in that you are suffering from the heat!!!! Not very warm in Castlemilk, but then it never is!!!!! lol

Merry Xmas Everybody!!!

Bigboab5

Bex
26-12-2003, 12:35
I got some great pressies from my kids,but the one that was the best was they
LOVE :angel:

awwwwwwww :bigcry:

Flubflow
26-12-2003, 13:49
I think the surprise prezzy this year here has been these dinky little cheap'n'chearful digital cameras on a keyring that sell for about £12. The kids really love them (and grown ups too). OK they are hardly a Nikkon but they are amazing value.
Resolution is 640x480 (20 pics) or 320x240 (80 pics), it has an Autoshoot feature , you can also make AVI videos direct into PC via usb and you can use it as a webcam too. Comes with some easy software to download images plus video creation and editing software. Quite impressive for something so cheap.

Edit: Perhaps some of you lot have some other memories of kids stocking filler prezzies that ended up being played with more than their main prezzies? Please post your amusing stories ;).

When I was a kid I thought boxing day was called so because you got to play inside the big empty boxes (I know I did).

Paul K
26-12-2003, 14:14
ello all....ic mentioned his favourite gift in the merry xms thread, so i thought that i would start a thread about pressies

so what was your best?
what was your worst?
anything that you were surprised about?

ok my best......i don't really have one, because it's the thought that counts, but got a fantastic webcam :) and a new keyboard.......
worst...loved them :p

Best? Dunno really, knew I was getting the main one (webcam) but I think the best thing was the fact that I got a couple of suprise phone calls and a few unexpected texts LOL (It's the little things that count for me)
Worst? Can you receive a bad present if there was thought behind it? Mind you the brown zip up cardi I got a few years back :rofl:

Stuart W
26-12-2003, 14:17
I got a 'singing robin' (little plastic bird that beeps crimbo tunes when you clap) and a flashing eyes rudolph tie.

Don't you just love it when the kids go x-mas shopping in 'poundland'!!

Flubflow
26-12-2003, 14:26
I wanted one of THESE (http://www.gadgets.co.uk/dr-who-inflatable-daleks.html).

I was absolutely gutted that I didn't get one. :bigcry:

dilli-theclaw
26-12-2003, 15:46
Aside from the digital camera I got with the money that my mum left me. I got some nice stuff :)

Like a Dr Who Corgi classics 'film tin' set. Very nice.

My dad got me a 3million candle power torch - which i'm going to have great fun blinding anyone who trys to break in at work.

Worst pressy - MMMmmm - Actually I think they were all nice this year.

No socks - or smellys - it's great :)

The only trouble I've got is finding somewhere to store the 4sack FULL of pressys that my boy got.

Sociable
26-12-2003, 16:07
Perhaps some of you lot have some other memories of kids stocking filler prezzies that ended up being played with more than their main prezzies? Please post your amusing stories ;).

When I was a kid I thought boxing day was called so because you got to play inside the big empty boxes (I know I did).

Thanks for bringing back one of my happy memories of Christmas past Flub.

Brought my daughter a brilliant Rocking Horse when she was 7 and forget about waiting till Boxing Day the box it came in was the only thing she played with on Christmas Day and for nearly a week after. LOL

Learned a lot about the "value" of gifts that day as my daughter showed it is not about money but all about the love both giver and getter put into the gifts that counts.

This is why there is no such thing as a worst gift in my book, as every sock, tie and even "Rudolf" jumper comes with the knowledge someone cares enough to think of you at Christams.

Mick
26-12-2003, 16:18
When I was a nipper, I used to head straight for the wrapped boxes, it was obvious it was a toy or something if I picked up something soft I knew it was clothing so I used to just open that last, its the toys that counted. :D

kink
26-12-2003, 17:09
When I was a nipper, I used to head straight for the wrapped boxes, it was obvious it was a toy or something if I picked up something soft I knew it was clothing so I used to just open that last, its the toys that counted. :D
It's still the same for some of us :naughty: :p
Some toys are just so much better than others don't you think? ;)

I know the three wise men started it all with their totally inappropriate gifts for a baby ( yes yes i know :erm: ) but what's with all this What I got for xmas.... talk..... how about a more xmassy what i gave for xmas ? :)

I gave people a hard time...... well i'm generous that way ;)
We weren't actually celebrating this year so i didn't buy anyone anything.... and it galls me to do that :( But i shall find a way to make people know how much i love and respect them in other ways during the course of the year..... i did phone a few people to let them know i was thinking of them and they seemed to appreciate it in the circumstances.... i know that i received a smiliar phone call that meant much more to me than any physical present could have :)

Anyone want to add what they gave for xmas in addition to what they received? (no offence intended bexy:) )

homealone
26-12-2003, 17:38
<snip>Anyone want to add what they gave for xmas in addition to what they received?<snip>

I got my wife the Terminator 1,2 & 3 DVD Box Set, Olay 'Total Effects' day & night gooey stuff - and 'Carte Blanche' to go round the sales;)

Gaz

Paul K
26-12-2003, 17:44
Gave? Well apart from pressents (clothes for those that wanted them, PC games, a collectible doll, dvds for nephews/ nieces and toys for the youngest nephew and niece)...
I contacted a few friends (well tried to in one case LOL), spent some time in the morning with my family visiting our disabled neighbour and then in the evening I helped someone with a pc problem... again LOL.
So (nothing new for me) gave my time alongside the bought presents.

kink
26-12-2003, 17:46
[Snippity snipped].....
'Carte Blanche' to go round the sales;)

Gaz

But does she have your American Express' or BarclayCarte too? ;)

You can't leave home.... alone without one, you know :p

Ramrod
26-12-2003, 17:52
Anyone want to add what they gave for xmas in addition to what they received? (no offence intended bexy:) )
Sony walkman for my wife (thats all she wanted)
Kids got toys: Mr Sparks garage & Nemo jigsaw puzzle
Mother got luggage (samsonite)

homealone
26-12-2003, 17:56
But does she have your American Express' or BarclayCarte too? ;)

You can't leave home.... alone without one, you know :p

:rofl: - Tesco Visa (one each ;)) - 'points make prizes':) - I just wish I could aspire to your 19 incher, you lucky person:p

kink
26-12-2003, 18:05
Gave? Well apart from pressents (clothes for those that wanted them, PC games, a collectible doll, dvds for nephews/ nieces and toys for the youngest nephew and niece)...
I contacted a few friends (well tried to in one case LOL), spent some time in the morning with my family visiting our disabled neighbour and then in the evening I helped someone with a pc problem... again LOL.
So (nothing new for me) gave my time alongside the bought presents.

As you know paul.... and probably still haven't stopped laughing about it :grind:.... i wore the bright fushia pink jacket my brother bought me... with it's dead brown squirrel collar and cuffs :cry: (well it may as well have been dead squirrel ;) ) and i didn't just wear it in the house...... i wore it OUTSIDE!!! Ok... so it was dark :naughty: But i did it to show him that i appreciated it..... well i didn't think the hoots of laughter when i unwrapped it were suitable :erm:

:rofl: - Tesco Visa (one each ;)) - 'points make prizes':) - I just wish I could aspire to your 19 incher, you lucky person:p

Did you reply to the right post gary?? :D Oh.... i see :rofl: Well.... like you, i haven't had the chance to use it yet ;)

MadGamer
26-12-2003, 18:51
Well heres my list.

1) CD's - Now 56 and Now Decades
2) Diabetic biscuits and chocolate
3) Holly Valance 2004 calender
4) Sony Eye Toy
5) Games for PC (Simpsons Hit n Run and FIFA 2004)
6) Bath stuff
7) Dressing gown
8) Book - Internet & Web basics
9) Mini Pinball Machine

Bex
26-12-2003, 19:25
presents i gave:
cd player and cd to dad....
dvd to sis
xbox game to bro
video recorder to mum
skates and a trrack for hot-wheels for my nephew
and i bought my nans a little teddy each from clintons which say "star nan" on them

best things i gave out, were my time and energy (cooking the dinner, playing with my nephew in the cold) and the thing that made my nan's day was, she was going to be alone on new years eve, so i have said i will go round and watch some movies with her...:D

Theodoric
29-12-2003, 23:47
However, using the example of my relatives, I'd say that teenagers positively want something soft containing clothing, with the important proviso that said clothing has to have the latest fashionable brand name on it. Me, I think it's a liberty that firms expect you to pay a massive premium to walk around giving them free advertising.

Ramrod
29-12-2003, 23:57
Bought my mum a £150 suitcase :spin:

Marge
29-12-2003, 23:57
The best Christmas pressie I ever received was an electric blanket, oh the bliss of getting into a nice warm bed. Where I lived at the time had no heating so in winter there was more ice on the inside of the windows than out. Thanks Mum !!

Theodoric
30-12-2003, 00:03
Bought my mum a £150 suitcase :spin:
Well, someone has to ask the obvious questions.

1) Why? Did your mother express a desire for an expensive suitcase? Was it a Louis Vuitton (sp?) suitcase?

2) What can an expensive suitcase do that a £25 one can't?

3) When she finds out what it costs, will she accuse you of having more money than sense? :)

Jerrek
30-12-2003, 05:26
Best: a .22 center-fire rifle [from my dad]
Worst: a butt plug [from a male friend]
Surprised: the butt plug thing. I need to have a talk with him.