PDA

View Full Version : transfer internal calls

bigdog
23-12-2003, 16:04
I've got several phones in my house and would like to be able to ring one extension from another. Even better would be to be able to transfer calls internally.

Is there a way to do this?
Can I make the phone ring using a line test number or something?

lemarsh
23-12-2003, 16:07
Do not belive you can, unless the phones are cordless & 'linked'

i.e. 1 is the master, and there are a number of different phones, but they do not use their own telephone point

paulyoung666
23-12-2003, 16:46
I've got several phones in my house and would like to be able to ring one extension from another. Even better would be to be able to transfer calls internally.

Is there a way to do this?
Can I make the phone ring using a line test number or something?

:welcome: to the site , i believe the only way you could do this would be to get dect phones , mind you i have been wrong b4 and no doubt someone will come along and prove it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SMHarman
23-12-2003, 17:05
Without a PABX you can't do this.

Or as said before a number of DECT handets registerd to the same base. You then have an int(ercom) function.

You can have an intercom and an external call at the same time.

paulyoung666
23-12-2003, 17:07
Without a PABX you can't do this.

Or as said before a number of DECT handets registerd to the same base. You then have an int(ercom) function.

You can have an intercom and an external call at the same time.

thats what i was trying to think of :)

Pritch
23-12-2003, 18:05
As others have already said, it can't be done without getting some extra equipment.

This could be done either by adding a small PBX (not sure of current prices, you used to be able to get a small one for around £100, serving about four extensions). Going this route means that you'd end up having to wire in each extension individually yourself. You wouldn't be able to use your existing extension wiring, as this is (normally) wired in with one extension coming off another, you'd need separate wiring for each extension on a PBX, also you'd need to invest in new sockets, as a master socket is required for each connection on most PBXes.

The simplest way (and probably cheapest now) is to use a mutli-handset DECT phone. DECT base stations will support anything up to six handsets and you don't need to worry about wiring it in.

Matthew
23-12-2003, 21:39
I found this (look at the pictures). I have just one BT line and often transfer calls to other people and all I do is press recall and dial the number tell them and put the phone down this transfers them. It uses three way calling. If me, the person who is ringing and the person I phone all want to speak I press recall again and press 3.

Them BT DECT phones are ideal if you do not want to spend a bomb.

bigdog
24-12-2003, 09:57
Ok. Thanks everyone. I do have one DECT phone already so may invest in another - January sales here I come!

I guess theres no way to make your own phone number ring? You can't ring yourself or ring a number that then rings you back??

SMHarman
05-01-2004, 14:06
Ok. Thanks everyone. I do have one DECT phone already so may invest in another - January sales here I come!

I guess theres no way to make your own phone number ring? You can't ring yourself or ring a number that then rings you back??

Been to the January sales yet?

You used to be able to. Can't remember the number now, probably changed with the digital exchanges, but used to be fun when I was a kid. Can't think of a reason why you would want to do this (other than to annoy your mum and dad)

DECT phones can be called internally and the individual phones will ring. You press the INT button, select the other handset number 1-6 or all and hit the call button.

Matthew
27-06-2004, 21:29
You used to be able to. Can't remember the number now, probably changed with the digital exchanges, but used to be fun when I was a kid. Can't think of a reason why you would want to do this (other than to annoy your mum and dad)

Just reading back on some previous posts and I just though do you mean the 17070 number where u can do a ring back?

Pritch
27-06-2004, 23:23
17070 is the BT ringback number.

Depending on your area, ringback on NTL is 173, 174 or 175.

altis
28-06-2004, 09:59
You may want to investigate the SmarTalk system. This has no conventional PABX but has intelligent phones instead. It supports up to 3 incomming lines and up to 10 phones.

http://www.phones4less.co.uk/acatalog/Phones4Less_Self_Install_So_Ho_Telephone_Systems_1 1.html
http://www.smartalk.ca/

Matthew
28-06-2004, 17:05
I am just having a BT Renown installed that I picked up off eBay. The actual system is about 20 years old but is a good one. I would of cost £300-400 to have it installed but is cost me about £30 with a system phone and then £55 for some rewiring and sockets etc.