PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia - sands of time

Hector's House
22-12-2003, 09:15
Has anyone tried this game and had trouble loading it on their pc? I've tried to load it 2 or 3 times now and I keep getting a "component transfer error" - (whatever that is) which says the following

component: Autorun
File Group: Autorun - Disk2
File: D:\autorun\pop_gfx\back1.bmp
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Does anyone have any ideas what this is? Is it my pc (probably) or the game?
The pc I'm trying to load it on does meet the minimum requirements for the game.

thanks in advance

Bifta
22-12-2003, 12:22
a CRC error might indicate a problem with the actual CD, cancel that error and try and run setup.exe instead. It worked first time on my machine.

Hector's House
22-12-2003, 17:13
Thanks Bifta, just tried it again on a fresh install of xp pro and it still reports the same error so I think you're right

Bifta
22-12-2003, 18:17
Have you tried just running the setup.exe file? You don't need the autorun file to er .. autorun .. to actually play it.

Tristan
22-12-2003, 19:07
Without wishing to cast aspersions upon your character, iis this an original CD you're using? CRC errors are the kind of thing that turn up when you try and, erm, back up a copy protected game.

If it is an original, take it back to the shop and demand a refund.

GeoffW
23-12-2003, 18:17
I had a CRC error installing RollerCoaster Tycoon, that was down to the antivirus I was running (AVG). I disabled this and it installed fine.